Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Shooter in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who in your opinion is the best shooter in the 15th region?
I think its Elisha Justice at full strength. The kid from Betsy Layne can stroke it also.
Matt Clevenger - Pikeville
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Matt Clevenger - Pikeville

3 point shooter?
That isn't exactly Matt's strength. He is a decent shooter from deep though. He shoots more from 15 feet or so though.
InstantOffense Wrote:3 point shooter?
That isn't exactly Matt's strength. He is a decent shooter from deep though. He shoots more from 15 feet or so though.

Well from I understand the thread is asking who is the best shooter, not the best 3-point shooter.
Well you can't be the best shooter if you can't shoot 3's. The best shooter can shoot from anywhere.
I would say Justice as well.
I would say Gatlin Clark. Kid can do it all.
lol no. The only players at Pikeville are Clevenger no Devin Burchett
Justice can really light the floor up.
Nathen Martin At Betsy Layne Can Shoot The Ball As Good As Anyone.
Mike Dale of Johnson Central is the best shooter off the bench, for political reasons Coach M can't seem to start him. If Joe Whitaker had more help on the court he could be a good one too.

Clevenger might be the one that could top the list but he is another with too much presure on him.
The best shooter in the region is Matt Clevenger right now but Elisha Justice when healthy.
stringmusic Wrote:Mike Dale of Johnson Central is the best shooter off the bench, for political reasons Coach M can't seem to start him. If Joe Whitaker had more help on the court he could be a good one too.

Clevenger might be the one that could top the list but he is another with too much presure on him.

Justice / Dale would have to be tops in the 15th with Clevenger right there. Very observant, Jo W also has a great shot and could use more help. Not sure about the politics, But Dale has not started :confused: This season for some reason. He has struggled the last game or so I have watched but this has to be a confidence problem. He, if built up and given the chance could be a great asset to his team, Not that he isn't now. Wasn't he named player of the game once this season coming off the bench?? GO EAGLES !!!

Top shooters in the 15th

Justice / dale
Clevenger
Clark
Possibly Scaggs from Lawrence
Seems like Dale has got the shaft his whole athletic career. Baseball and Basketball, just dont have the right last name for the school he goes to.
Matt Clevenger
Would you say that the player with the ppg average was the best?
mikie dale from johnson central nough said
So I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who knows what Dale has been up against. He was named Player of the game last year against Montgomery Co and then when they faced Montgomery Co on their floor a week later Coach M wouldn't even play him.
It seems the coaches of ther teams and past years have questions about the poor decisions to not start him or the all of the seniors.
Yes, it has happened in baseball too but again POLITICS DICKTATES who Coach Shawn can play because his position gets treats too.
I would like to see Jo W get the chance to have all seniors on the floor at the start of afew games and see how they can do. If they keep up with the teams they play make a few subs, I mean anybody can have a bad game.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:Would you say that the player with the ppg average was the best?
So if a player took 40 shots to make 15 baskets, that would make him a better shooter than someone who takes 23 shots to make 14 baskets?
When talking about the best shooter are we talking about with a hand in their face during a game or simply shooting in practice? We had a kid once that was considered and maybe rightfully so, the best shooter in the region. He started the night off against Lexington Catholic hitting his first seven three's while Tubby was watching his son play. They went to a different defense ( Man ) and he wasn't the best shooter anymore---Well he might have been if he could have got his shot off, he did however become the best shooter in the region again when the game was over. Someone told me a long time ago that there wasn't a kid from Kentucky that couldn't shoot a basketball. There's alot of truth to that if you take away the defense. These kids mentioned may be great shooters with someone on them and if they are I hope they get the recognition they deserve.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:So if a player took 40 shots to make 15 baskets, that would make him a better shooter than someone who takes 23 shots to make 14 baskets?

By the same token, if the 23 shots were lay-ups and he made 14 of them, would you say that he was a better shooter?
Clevenger is the best scorer...he can find a way to score better than anyone...not for sure the 15th has a best shooter...
Now What Wrote:Seems like Dale has got the shaft his whole athletic career. Baseball and Basketball, just dont have the right last name for the school he goes to.

What is that name then, just curious? Maybe he should change his last name!Smile
I think Dale will be fine once Coach M gets his act together and now that he is given a chance to coach and not have 12 assistants screaming at that the player, get back to good ole basic man to man, hard nose guarding and let the experience kick in.
As already said , it's going to happen soon or it won't matter at all in March.
Eagle Eye Wrote:What is that name then, just curious? Maybe he should change his last name!Smile

Just pick one, the system hasnt changed in 3o years when I played there.Wink
Now What Wrote:Just pick one, the system hasnt changed in 3o years when I played there.Wink

So you played there in 1979?
bballs Wrote:Justice / Dale would have to be tops in the 15th with Clevenger right there. Very observant, Jo W also has a great shot and could use more help. Not sure about the politics, But Dale has not started :confused: This season for some reason. He has struggled the last game or so I have watched but this has to be a confidence problem. He, if built up and given the chance could be a great asset to his team, Not that he isn't now. Wasn't he named player of the game once this season coming off the bench?? GO EAGLES !!!

Top shooters in the 15th

Justice / dale
Clevenger
Clark
Possibly Scaggs from Lawrence

I doubt it... As for the whole politics thing, if he was top 5 on the team, he would start.
Mr.Mister Wrote:I doubt it... As for the whole politics thing, if he was top 5 on the team, he would start.

:confused: OK
Wade Skaggs from LC knows how to light up the 3 point line.
Pages: 1 2