Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: jan. 30th/ feb. 1st BCI girls state tounament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any 6th grade girls teams going to compete in this tournament, and if so what is the competition going to be like.
I look for the Big Dawgz to play in this tournament. They are a great team and will be a tough team to beat. They where 11under/5th grade AAU Runners-up last year and they have already played up in a tournament this year at the Knott County Sportsplex and won in the 12under/7th grade division. They have an excellent player in Katie Moore and are well coached.
mtguru Wrote:I look for the Big Dawgz to play in this tournament. They are a great team and will be a tough team to beat. They where 11under/5th grade AAU Runners-up last year and they have already played up in a tournament this year at the Knott County Sportsplex and won in the 12under/7th grade division. They have an excellent player in Katie Moore and are well coached.

The Big Dawgz..is that Whitley Co? We played Whitley Co today at the sportsplex and they were a pretty good team but we beat them by 14....I was just curious if that is who you were talking about or not..
tonron20 Wrote:The Big Dawgz..is that Whitley Co? We played Whitley Co today at the sportsplex and they were a pretty good team but we beat them by 14....I was just curious if that is who you were talking about or not..

The Big Dawgz are from Hyden in Leslie County.

You must have a good team to beat Whitely County, my daughter played on a team that Whitley County beat pretty soundly. Whitley County rolled through that tournament. What team beat Whitley by 14? Also do you have any other results from any of the other games?
Does anyone have any results from the 6th grade division at the Sportsplex? Also, does anyone have the schedule for tomorrow's games?
Did East Ky Thunder play in this tournament?
I saw on the bracket that Powell beat Whitley by 14 points. How good is Whitley supposed to be?
Powell beat Martin Co. this morning and it was by a pretty large margin. Keep in mind that Powell County's 7th grade team is an undefeated team for the past 2 years. Does anyone have any more specific information on this Powell Co. team?
Who else was on the bracket besides Martin, Powell, and Whitley?
Who plays tomorrow (Sunday) and what time are the games?
Any winners from todays championship round?

Who has qualified for state tournament?
mtguru Wrote:The Big Dawgz are from Hyden in Leslie County.

You must have a good team to beat Whitely County, my daughter played on a team that Whitley County beat pretty soundly. Whitley County rolled through that tournament. What team beat Whitley by 14? Also do you have any other results from any of the other games?

Yeah they come back and beat us today by 5. I heard that they had two of their players out but we (Powell County) also had one of our best players out as well. She is out with two broke fingers and a hand from playing in a varsity game...I believe that Whitley played Carr Creek in the finals and i am sure that Whitley beat them...
mtguru Wrote:Who else was on the bracket besides Martin, Powell, and Whitley?

Carr Creek
Johnson Central
Jones Fork
For U Wrote:I saw on the bracket that Powell beat Whitley by 14 points. How good is Whitley supposed to be?
Powell beat Martin Co. this morning and it was by a pretty large margin. Keep in mind that Powell County's 7th grade team is an undefeated team for the past 2 years. Does anyone have any more specific information on this Powell Co. team?

Yeah Powell has been undefeated for two years but everybody seems to think it is because we have had any competition. Powell also had one of their key post players out too. If they would of had her it would of been a walk in the park..
Thanks....Looked like a pretty good tournament.
For U Wrote:I saw on the bracket that Powell beat Whitley by 14 points. How good is Whitley supposed to be?

I would like to see this team play in the Mountain Shootout Tournament at the Knott County Sportsplex this weekend and the EKBA/YBOA State Qualifier next weekend. There have been several good tournaments in the 7th grade division this year and I would like to see how some of those teams match up with a team like Powell County.
tonron20 Wrote:Yeah Powell has been undefeated for two years but everybody seems to think it is because we have had any competition. Powell also had one of their key post players out too. If they would of had her it would of been a walk in the park..
I have to disagree with Powell losing because they didn't have their other player. They beat Whitley by 14 the day before so what happened? What was the real reason?
tonron20 Wrote:Yeah they come back and beat us today by 5. I heard that they had two of their players out but we (Powell County) also had one of our best players out as well. She is out with two broke fingers and a hand from playing in a varsity game...I believe that Whitley played Carr Creek in the finals and i am sure that Whitley beat them...
If Whitley had 2 players out and Powell had only 1 player out then Powell should have beat them again on Sunday like they did Saturday.
mtguru Wrote:I would like to see this team play in the Mountain Shootout Tournament at the Knott County Sportsplex this weekend and the EKBA/YBOA State Qualifier next weekend. There have been several good tournaments in the 7th grade division this year and I would like to see how some of those teams match up with a team like Powell County.
I am sure the Powell girls would love to go back to play. I have to admit this team was one of the best 7th grade teams that I have seen.