Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott Co. 71 - Mason Co. 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
State Showdown!

Two of the state's best.
Closer than I expected it to be.
Mason Co. 20 15 15 14 64

Scott Co. 13 20 15 23 71

Mason Co. -- Gilbert 10, Pawsat 2, Barner 9, Middleton 31, Setty 8, Downing 4.
Scott Co. -- Flannery 2, Euton 5, Aa.Ford 2, Guyn 13, Ivey 3, Jackson 19, Manning 5, Phares 22.
Euton had 5 points in the game. The more I hear about it, and see of him on the internet the more concerned I get about using a scholarship on him.
Quite surprised by the score.

Congrats Cards!
Mason up 2 and on the free throw line with 53 seconds to go in the game and lost. That has to hurt but they gave one of the best teams in the state all they wanted, and if Pawsatt handn't of got hurt I think the Royals leave Georgetown with the win.
I left the game extremely impressed with Mason County. I have seen Clark Co and I think Mason Co is the team to beat in the 10th. I also think Mason Co is a top 10 team in the state. Middleton was the best player on the floor last night. Happy got a steal with Middleton. The game started out with Scott County getting whistled for 9 fouls to Mason County's one. From there on Scott Co had major problems on defense.

Stat leaders were:

Scott County
Euton 12 rebounds in 26 min.
Guyn 13 points in 28 min
Jackson 19 points in 23 min
Phares 22 points and 10 rebounds in 30 min

Mason County
Gilbert 10 points in 22 min
Middleton 31 points in 31 min

SC won the rebounding battle 50-35
MC won the turnover stat 18-12

These two coaches and teams have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. Since 98, 4 state champions and 2 runners up have come from these two programs. Scott County has been the team that Mason Co has had a hard time putting away through the years. Since Hicks came to Scott County for the 94/95 season Scott County is 13-3 against Mason County.
Euton only had 5 points?
Yes. He also did not have a good defensive game. However, Euton did have 12 rebounds.
Dakotah Euton may not be the most athletic kid on the court, but from what I've noticed in watching him play a few times this year (Wazoo Sports) that he is a winner. He shows a lot of passion and plays extremely hard and thats what UK coach Billy Gillispie wants to see, especially from an in-state kid.
Eutons strengths are shooting and rebounding. His weakness is defense. He has shown steady improvement in his defense until last nights game. Last night was not his best effort.
Congrats Scott Co!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Quite surprised by the score.

Congrats Cards!

Don't be too surprised in the score. Mason County is a much better team than most think. They are top 10 in the state in my book. When Middleton is playing as he did last night they are a very hard team to beat. They can break a team down on the dribble and have a couple good shooters. MC's weakness may be rebounding.
rojas Wrote:Don't be too surprised in the score. Mason County is a much better team than most think. They are top 10 in the state in my book. When Middleton is playing as he did last night they are a very hard team to beat. They can break a team down on the dribble and have a couple good shooters. MC's weakness may be rebounding.

Better throw in freethrows too.

Here is last nights line:

MC FG 41.8% 3 PT FG 27.8% FT 54.2% REB 32 TO 14
SC FG 42.2% 3 PT FG 30.8% FT 72.2% REB 46 TO 17
[quote=sacbunt]Better throw in freethrows too.

In the first half Mason County was in the double bonus before they had committed their second foul. For the game MC was 13/24 from the line and SC was 13/18 from the line. Both of these teams have had trouble from the line at times this year.