Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeffersontown 80 - Eastern 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeffersontown very impressive in handing Eastern their first loss.
Wow, very impressive
Stardust Wrote:Wow, very impressive

I projected a high scoring affair with J-town winnnig at home by 5. Sounds like they let Cosby get to the rim too many times in the 4th quarter. He had 12 in the 4th. I said the key was not to let Thomas and Cosby get to the rim.

Those two are hard to stop. But, if you stop them, you definitely slow down J-town.

Congrats, J-town.
Very impressive victory by J'town especially when a lot questioned just how good they actually where. It appears that they showed up tonight in a very big game.

Congrats J'town!
Eastern played awful last night, worst game I've seen them play all year. They seemed tired and got lazy on defense. Except for a few mistakes they played the right defense on Cosby and Dorsey, playing off of them to defend the drive better and making them shoot. It just so happens those shots fell last night. I'm also pretty sure Eastern got out rebounded last night, which was a first and that hurt them alot. Plain and simple....they didn't bring their A game.

Hopefully this loss will wake them up for a good run in the LIT next week.

On a side note, the officiating was TERRIBLE. The officials just couldn't keep up with these 2 teams. I am also baffled by the fact that this game along with Eastern-Ballard on Tues night only had 2 man crews. I've seen 3 man crews in pointless games and then you get the two biggest games in the city and you don't get that extra set of eyes. Just don't get it.
EasternAlum Wrote:Eastern played awful last night, worst game I've seen them play all year. They seemed tired and got lazy on defense. Except for a few mistakes they played the right defense on Cosby and Dorsey, playing off of them to defend the drive better and making them shoot. It just so happens those shots fell last night. I'm also pretty sure Eastern got out rebounded last night, which was a first and that hurt them alot. Plain and simple....they didn't bring their A game.

Hopefully this loss will wake them up for a good run in the LIT next week.

On a side note, the officiating was TERRIBLE. The officials just couldn't keep up with these 2 teams. I am also baffled by the fact that this game along with Eastern-Ballard on Tues night only had 2 man crews. I've seen 3 man crews in pointless games and then you get the two biggest games in the city and you don't get that extra set of eyes. Just don't get it.

I agree these games need to have a 3 man crew, teams like these two play too fast a paced game for 2 older referees to keep up. Heck, 2 young referees would have a hard time keeping up with them.