Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 102 - Riverside Christian 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ooohh.

You got give those kids from Riverside alot of credit.
Poor scheduling by the Athletic Director/coach at Riverside. Why would they play a normal high school schedule. They should be playing christian schools and the traditionally weaker small schools.

I feel sorry for the boys playing for Riverside, there comes a time when kids just can't take any more humiliation. They can't play a JV schedule because the Varsity game is always after the JV games.

Hang in there boys, just keep doing the best you can and keep your chins up.:Thumbs:

There is no reason for a team to score over 100 points against these guys. Actually, this would be an opportunity to let the starters sit the whole game (if they are worried about hurting their statistics) and start the second five and let 6-15 play the entire game.
RC has been on the receiving end of several of these games. keep up the effort. Congrats to Paintsville on the vicotry
I don't feel sorry for the kids from RC. I do admire them though. I would guess they are smart enough to know that they are going to be outmanned every night. They keep playing and keep giving effort. That shows character. Plus its just a game.

I don't think the teams that they play should have to hold back the starter either. Let them play and when it gets out of hand let the subs play.
The starters may have played 10 minutes. Every player on the team scored. If the players at RC hang in and keep playing they will improve each season. I may be wrong but I think they have 3 Juinors and alot of 8th graders. So really you had P-ville freshmans and 8th playing theres.
FBALL Wrote:I don't feel sorry for the kids from RC. I do admire them though. I would guess they are smart enough to know that they are going to be outmanned every night. They keep playing and keep giving effort. That shows character. Plus its just a game.

I don't think the teams that they play should have to hold back the starter either. Let them play and when it gets out of hand let the subs play.

I admire them too. Those kids apparently really love the game. I hope they can get a couple wins this season, but even if they don't, just like FBALL said..... they have alot of character.
FBALL Wrote:I don't feel sorry for the kids from RC. I do admire them though. I would guess they are smart enough to know that they are going to be outmanned every night. They keep playing and keep giving effort. That shows character. Plus its just a game.

I admire them and feel sorry for themBig Grin
I watched the first hald and to tell the truth, I am a little shockes that Paintsville put up 102 points. They were not hitting shots and I knew JV was going to play most of the game. A lot of turnovers by RC contributed the the lopsided score. It was 21=2 after 1, and 48=8 at the half. I think Freshman Seth Daniel led the Tigers in the first half.
Congrats Tigers!!

I think this game helped both teams in a lot of ways. As for Paintsville, the starters got a little practice in before the Rose Hill game tomorrow. Plus it was a confidence builder that the young Tigers needed. As for Riverside, these kids know they aren't likely to win many games or even be competitive in them. But they have a team and they seemed to enjoy playing. So who cares about the score? If you already expect to lose and you just want to have fun playing ball, why not let them play.
Riverside Christian 2 6 10 5 23

Paintsville 21 27 29 25 102

Riverside Christian (0-8) -- Robinson 10, Southwood 9, Hughes 1, Moore 1, Noble 2.
Paintsville (3-10) -- Vialpando 7, Green 12, Tiller 8, Spencer 7, S.Daniels 16, Brown 4, Vanhoose 8, Jackson 8, Sublett 5, Hall 14, Belcher 1, Thompson 4, M.Daniels 6, Burchett 2.
Congrats Painstville! Keep your heads up Riverside!
Yeah, Riverside does love to play the game and they have a lot of heart. They really try. They are a really young team and they will have their time to win later on down the line. My son is in the 7th grade and plays for Riverside. Which I am proud of the way he plays in high school ball. He just loves to play. He is the little Hughes boy. Keep your head up Riverside, you all are winners and your time will come.
Congrats to Paintsville on their win.
BIG WIN for Paintsville!
This was really a bad game, I feel bad for RS they seem like such good kids. Keep your heads up and be proud that you tried your hardest. Congratulations to Paintsville.
I don't know why on earth that posters think that a team can't go 0-25 and still be satisfied. For some players it is just the fun and love of the game. Let them play and the better the teams the better. They honestly can't expect to win so why are they out there? Because they enjoy playing. There is no humiliation in playing basketball. I know there aren't many guys that wouldn't grab a few of their pals if given the chance to play the Celtics, even though they would know they were going to get blown out.

As for scoring a 100, I am surprised the Tigers got that much the way they shot the ball. But believe me, I watched the game and it really isn't too hard to score a 100 in a game with such a difference in talent. It wasn't like the Tigers played their starters the whole game, but what would it matter if they had?

Congrats to Riverside Christian for having a team and having the desire and love for the game to play! There are sometimes situations where it doesn't matter if you win or what the score is, and for RC this is one of those games. You can really have fun and enjoy the game when there are no expectations on you!
Riverside Christian knows exactly how the season is going go from the outset.They have no visions of grandure,just a group of kids that want to play ball.:notworthy
Paintsville dominated.
cross_rider Wrote:Paintsville dominated.

Yeah, well there won't be many dominations by Paintsville this season. lol But seriously, Paintsville knows all too well what it feels like to have a huge losing season. They are enjoying being on the receiving end of one this year. But the players are still out there and that is what counts! If you don't play because you enjoy basketball then you shouldn't play at all.
I have nothing but Respect for the Riverside players..most kids would have quit the team by now but these kids have the heart to keep going..you never know what could happen when the tourney rolls around..its a slim chance but you never know