Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Campbell Co. 75 - Cooper 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard that the Camels starters played 1/2 of the first 2 quarters?

Cooper (1-12) - Thompson 2 1 5, Bradley 1 3 5, Prescott 2 0 4, Lewis 2 1 5, Klute 1 0 2, Hare 2 0 5, Huffman 0 1 1, Schafer 1 0 2. Totals: 11 6 29.

Campbell Co. (11-2) - Wolf 0 1 1, Jolly 8 4 20, Kennedy 1 0 2, Kramer 2 1 6, Lousey 1 0 2, Nerl 4 0 9, Geiman 4 1 9, Smith 3 0 6, J. Franzen 1 0 2, Albrecht 4 0 8, B. Franzen 2 0 4, Sinclair 1 0 2, Hodge 1 0 2, Griffin 1 0 2. Totals: 33 7 75.

Cooper 5 3 12 9 -29
Campbell Co. 19 25 18 13 -75

3-pointers: CC 2 (Kramer, Nerl); C 1 (Hare).
Brady Jolly was the only starter to play more than two quarters. I believe that he got some of the playing time back that he lost in the Mason Co. game. The Camels overmatched the upstart Cooper team. The JV Camels, who had won a 50+ game themselves, played virtually every minute of the 2nd half.

Cooper has a couple of very impressive players in Tyler Ramey and Ryan Thompson. Both underclassmen transplants will take their bumps this year, but will gain tremendous experience along the way.
I know Cooper is a new school but with that size of enrollment, I have to wonder why they have struggled so much athletically?
FBALL Wrote:I know Cooper is a new school but with that size of enrollment, I have to wonder why they have struggled so much athletically?

I think team sports will be very difficult. For Cooper, they have combined kids that went to 3 different schools, so there was not a lot of pre-existing relationships. Meaning, these kids had to learn how to play with each other. They are all coming for different coaching styles and philosopies to relatively new HS level coaches.

Probably the biggest factor is no Senior leadership for any of the sports. 2009 graduates we allowed to stay at their respective school, they did not have to move to the new school. So, if you we a top level athlete, you would not have left Boone Co, Ryle or Conner to go and start all over with a new program. All three of those schools are very good all all team sports, so for a Senior to go from a successful program to a start-up was not going to happen.

Cooper is a very large school. They have dedicated themselves to improvement and they have made a goal to be the best of the Boone Co. schools in education. This will transfer into their sport programs as well, thus I see Cooper catching up fairly quickly. What quickly means is not likely to be until this years freshman are seniors. Boone Co. has very solid youth football, basketball and baseball, so there is no need for development of a feeder system.

I wish them luck.
Cooper was out sized as well, tough year for them