Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adam Jones Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dallas Cowboys release Adam Jones after one season.

Do you think anyone will take a chance with him?
MVP2 Wrote:Dallas Cowboys release Adam Jones after one season.

Do you think anyone will take a chance with him?

That's a pretty good question. Two years ago it would have been a no brain answer. Owners and coaches were blinded to the behavior both on and off the field by athletes. The Al Davis "just Win baby" mentality, meant that owners would pay anything for anybody that they thought would help them win a championship, regardless of that players charecter.

I think we are in the midst of a paradigm change. What we have seen with the Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and thusfar Manny situation is telling me that these owners are now beginning to understand that brining in a headache, means you will get a headache.

Jerry Jones had no issue with bringing PacMan in, just as he had no qualms with TO. I beleive that JJ has come to his senses, and felt it was time to lose the bad pub that PacMan brought.

I think the Chad situation last year was another example of owners coming to their senses. All of Chads posturing got him no serious interest from other teams. Yes, there were team inquiring about Chad, but nothing better than a 3rd round pick of an All-Pro should tell you that no onw was willing to take a serious chance with Ocho Cinco.

Two years ago, when Michael Vick was removed from the game, I thought that he will be signed to a contract by some team before he is even released back into society. Now, I'm not so sure if anyone will take him.

Thus, will Adam Jones find a job, probably. But not likely until after camps are over next summer. When a team finds the need that dictates they will take anybody, that's when he gets picked up. Probably at no better than a rookie contract.

Should be interesting.
I swear, Jones must be stupid because he has been given too many chances and keeps screwing up every time.
Good move by the Cowboys. I would say he is done unless the Bengals pick him up.
Hes done. Roger Goodell has been gunning for him since the last incident earlier this season. The truth of the matter is had he been an all-pro shutdown corner like he used to be he would never have been cut but he just wasnt the same player and barely saw the field except on kick returns toward the end of the year.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hes done. Roger Goodell has been gunning for him since the last incident earlier this season. The truth of the matter is had he been an all-pro shutdown corner like he used to be he would never have been cut but he just wasnt the same player and barely saw the field except on kick returns toward the end of the year.

I think there is some truth to that
This is a good move by the Cowboys.