Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Red sign Jerry Hariston for one year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Reds and infielder/outfielder Jerry Hairston Jr. have agreed to terms on a one-year contract worth a guaranteed $2 million, Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reported Tuesday night, citing a baseball source.

The deal, which could be worth up to $4 million with incentives, is expected to be announced today, according to the report.

Hairston, 32, appeared in 80 games last season and played at six positions, including 34 games at shortstop.
I like this signing. Hariston brought a lot to the table last season in limited action after starting the year in the minors and then suffering some injuries which ultimately cut the season short.

I don't like starting Hariston in LF or SS everyday. I think he's a guy that rotate both positions and takeover the roll of utility man for the Reds that's open with the jettison of Ryan Freel.

The Reds are still looking at the health of Rocco Baldelli (so are the Red Sox and other teams that question his status.) He will sign somewhere. I personally hope the Reds take a chance on him if bigger clubs deem his health status a gamble. Cincy is rumored to be interested in Andruw Jones, who's playing winter ball but according to some reports, he's out of shape and may be spent as an everyday player. With the Reds going young - Jones is not an option.

Here's to hoping Baldelli is in a Reds uniform. Hariston platoons at SS with Keppinger and spells guys in the outfield like Taveras or Dickerson while staying healthy. Bruce and Votto have breakout years. Arroyo returns to form (whenever that was).

That's a lot to ask!
jammin' jamey Wrote:I like this signing. Hariston brought a lot to the table last season in limited action after starting the year in the minors and then suffering some injuries which ultimately cut the season short.

I don't like starting Hariston in LF or SS everyday. I think he's a guy that rotate both positions and takeover the roll of utility man for the Reds that's open with the jettison of Ryan Freel.

The Reds are still looking at the health of Rocco Baldelli (so are the Red Sox and other teams that question his status.) He will sign somewhere. I personally hope the Reds take a chance on him if bigger clubs deem his health status a gamble. Cincy is rumored to be interested in Andruw Jones, who's playing winter ball but according to some reports, he's out of shape and may be spent as an everyday player. With the Reds going young - Jones is not an option.

Here's to hoping Baldelli is in a Reds uniform. Hariston platoons at SS with Keppinger and spells guys in the outfield like Taveras or Dickerson while staying healthy. Bruce and Votto have breakout years. Arroyo returns to form (whenever that was).

That's a lot to ask!

Red Sox and Baldelli are suposed to make an agreement tomorrow, so dont look like he'll be in the Reds uniform next year.
Its a good signing, and I hope it works out for the best.