Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JCMS Baseball Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do players in middle school have to play in the middle school, or can they play up to the high school level? If so, will there be any players moving up? I figure there will be a large amount of kids playing at the middle school, it's been that way in football and basketball.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Do players in middle school have to play in the middle school, or can they play up to the high school level? If so, will there be any players moving up? I figure there will be a large amount of kids playing at the middle school, it's been that way in football and basketball.

They can play up, Will Meek was an 8th grader last year and played 2B for the high school team.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Do players in middle school have to play in the middle school, or can they play up to the high school level? If so, will there be any players moving up? I figure there will be a large amount of kids playing at the middle school, it's been that way in football and basketball.

They cannot play varsity football per KHSAA rules below grade 9. I wouldn't give up middle school football to play JV. But, I would in baseball. I am sure other people feel different and every situation is different.
Who is coaching the Middle School team this year at JCMS?
Wayne Arrowood is the Asst., but should be the one doing all the coaching. The head coach is Pollock (sp)?