Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: David Crowe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will he get to play @ Estill Co why does it take so long he is just a kid and something should be done yes or no let him play he has sit long enough.
courtdog Wrote:Will he get to play @ Estill Co why does it take so long he is just a kid and something should be done yes or no let him play he has sit long enough.
David Crowe is eligible. He practiced tonight and will be with the team tomorrow against Owsley.
courtdog Wrote:Will he get to play @ Estill Co why does it take so long he is just a kid and something should be done yes or no let him play he has sit long enough.
I am sure I am speaking for a lot of people on here. But dont have a clue as to what you are talking about.
May have sat the shortest time in history for a player who transferred in the same season. Usally at least a whole year.
david crowe is gonna be a problem for the teams estill play against. because he is strong on the defensive part that's wat they needed another good defender... hope he does good
How did Pitman get to play so fast i'm sure the only reason he is in Beattyville is to play ball.
Where did he transfer from?
Ga.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I am sure I am speaking for a lot of people on here. But dont have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Crowe will be a big help for this team. He is a good defender, and he is also a good scorer.
courtdog Wrote:How did Pitman get to play so fast i'm sure the only reason he is in Beattyville is to play ball.
He is from Beattyville, his father and all aunts and uncles went to school at Lee Co. His grandmother retired from teaching at Lee Co. So I am sure ball players from Georgia just can not wait to come to Lee Co just to play ball here. I did not know we rank so high in the nations eye.
Does his mom and dad live in Beattyville? your so worried about Crowe maybe some questions should be aske about Pitman i have familey ever were but i dont move for no reason at all. David Crowes dad is sick his mom lives in Irvine so it taht a reason he should noy get to play because his dad is sick.
courtdog Wrote:Does his mom and dad live in Beattyville? your so worried about Crowe maybe some questions should be aske about Pitman i have familey ever were but i dont move for no reason at all. David Crowes dad is sick his mom lives in Irvine so it taht a reason he should noy get to play because his dad is sick.
Yes his parents live and work in Beattyville and ask any question u want. If Crowes family lives in Estill then why did he attend Powell. I gyess him and Hawkins and thier families moved the exact time that the both quit at Powell over playing time. U should not get to play if u quit over your coach. His dad being ill( and I hope he gets better) only happened when he quit his other team pr was om;y brought u[ when he needed a reason to transfer, My real problem is not with Crowe or Hawkins or Evans I dont blame for making thier situation better. But it is with the KHSAA for inconsistancies in thier rulings.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:There are a lot of teams that use 3 or even 4 guards. If Crowe don't start for the Engineers, then it is just a waste of talent. He will help the 'Neers out big time.

From another thread about Crowe from a few weeks ago. Does anyone think that Crowe will be starting by end of season? Tonight he was kind of a non-factor vs Owsley in his first game for Estill. 8th or 9th off the bench.

I know that this is his first game with Estill yada yada...
i dont think he will start but will play and will help Estill of the bench. He will be a difference maker in the dist i think with him playing that makes still the fav to win the dist they will over take Lee Co he was the missing link.
JOBAKKA Wrote:May have sat the shortest time in history for a player who transferred in the same season. Usally at least a whole year.

I bet that Eric Back will have something to say about this. Probally won't do any good but I'd say he want be happy considering how long he's sat out.
FOR REAL Wrote:I bet that Eric Back will have something to say about this. Probally won't do any good but I'd say he want be happy considering how long he's sat out.
This is what I am talking about. Maybe a class action lawsuit by all the others who have had sit a whole year
DIK_insider_23 Wrote:Who is this boy anyways?
He is a young man that had played for Powell Co. in the past and I believe he played football this year there, though I may be wrong on that. He played in the first scrimmage game for Powell Co. then got upset with the new coach over playing time and transferred to the closest school and is now eligible. I had always thought that if you play a varsity sport at one school you can not play at another for 1 year. There are some personal issues here that may have played a role in his decision also.
ARC Wrote:From another thread about Crowe from a few weeks ago. Does anyone think that Crowe will be starting by end of season? Tonight he was kind of a non-factor vs Owsley in his first game for Estill. 8th or 9th off the bench.

I think that he will find his way into the starting position by the end of the season. He is a very good player.
Don't be so hard on this young man. He is a teenager and all he wants to do is play a little basketball. Its not the ncaa you know!
David Crowe is a good player, and can help Estill in a big way. He transferred from Powell County.
sounds to me like its open range on transfers.........last year several set out a whole year and they transfered during the off season.....like the Noble kid from Breathitt to Owsley..................I think the key is to throw the Scott Co. transfers into the KHSAA's face and they cant say no...........my plan.......whoever wins the region..........have the top 10 players in the region transfer to that school.......bring the state back to the 14thBig Grin .........as fast as these kids are getting eligible......it could happen
3under_PAR Wrote:sounds to me like its open range on transfers.........last year several set out a whole year and they transfered during the off season.....like the Noble kid from Breathitt to Owsley..................I think the key is to throw the Scott Co. transfers into the KHSAA's face and they cant say no...........my plan.......whoever wins the region..........have the top 10 players in the region transfer to that school.......bring the state back to the 14thBig Grin .........as fast as these kids are getting eligible......it could happen
The Noble kid did transfer from Breathitt to Owsley, at the beginning of the 2007-08 school year. BUT...he sat out the required TWO semesters after being ruled ineligible, which was the right ruling. He's now back at Breathitt.

However, the KHSAA is so inconsistent! They make some kids sit out for one year, and others don't have to, and sometimes differnt parties may have the same reason and arguments for transferring. But the KHSAA will rule one party eligible and the other not eligible.

The two Powell transfers were over the boys getting mad at their new coach over playing time...in a scrimmage game!!! Then the spin started about why they were moving around, and the next thing you know they're eligible to play elsewhere.

Kids that have had to sit out for a year, like Baker, Noble, Congleton, and others, are probably feeling a little double-standered right now. As far as Evans who has left Owsley for Wolfe, I don't know what the KHSAA will rule. But his grandmother, who lives in Owsley, still has custody of him. It would seem he would be ineligible since he has enrolled at Wolfe before a change of custody was made, but who knows when you're dealing with the KHSAA.
JOBAKKA Wrote:He is a young man that had played for Powell Co. in the past and I believe he played football this year there, though I may be wrong on that. He played in the first scrimmage game for Powell Co. then got upset with the new coach over playing time and transferred to the closest school and is now eligible. I had always thought that if you play a varsity sport at one school you can not play at another for 1 year. There are some personal issues here that may have played a role in his decision also.

Who and what on earth are you talking about?
ARC Wrote:From another thread about Crowe from a few weeks ago. Does anyone think that Crowe will be starting by end of season? Tonight he was kind of a non-factor vs Owsley in his first game for Estill. 8th or 9th off the bench.

I belieive that once he gtes the hang of the new team, the plays and everything, he will have no problem starting. He is a very strong and quick player. Will be a very big factor in the district. I think Estill should be very proud to have him.