Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wal-Mart: Land of Opportunity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So many cultures...Stepping into Wal-Mart is like stepping into another country, depending on what door you enter.
lol
Oh lord, this is so true.
Couldn't agree more with this.
I agree 100%...
lol me too
hahahahah that's great CE lol
LoL that's funny
Lmao, nice one CE. Good point there.

As a kid I never saw "little people" or people that didn't speak English and all of that stuff daily but when I went to Wal-Mart, shew, they let the dogs out. I probably saw my first midget, Indian, homosexual, and many, many more within the store.

Ask Mr. I about what he sees daily, maybe he can enlighten us on the inside of the facility.
I love Wal-Mart..lol

BallaBaby

Me too!!!
I hate Wal-Mart, it is all that is wrong with American Culture.
Not trying to pick a fight but 98, how is it everything that is wrong with our culture? I might actually agree with this, just can't really understand the statement.
Hawks nest works at walmart too ( the same as Mr. Incredible).. I go in there A LOT and I can say its a sight at some of em lol
But I can honestly say, thats its good that Walmart isnt prejudice in the sex, race or color that they hire.. there are too many people out there that does that..
That is true.
The customers is what makes the store fun.
Well I would have to say that people would see these same cultures at any retail store. Just seems that everyone seems to spend more time at Wally World. I love working there and I have been given a great opportunity there. The pay is good and great benefits. We dont turn anyone away unless it is a shop lifter and they seem to come back one last time to sit in front of the store with a sign telling everyone they shop lifted at our store. Culture is changing ever day and if we have anyone to blame it is ourselves for letting other people come in to our country and take over it. I am not prejudice in any way just think we should take care of home before we take in others and pay them big money to do things here in the U.S. only to go home for a few weeks a year and not pay a dime in taxes in our country. As for the Wal Mart thing. Ask Mr. Incredible we continue to grow ever day.
My mom wants me to work at wal mart next year if I go to pcc for college...
My grandparents practically lived at wall-Mart. It was their second home, they have belonged to the cofee club at wall-mart since I have been around. They have been sittin in the back in the cafeteria almost every morning and every night that they could for the last 17 years talking to other seniors about now and then but I think they all have recently migrated to the newly open Food City beside of Wall Mart because the radio grill quit selling the food they used to sell.
There is one great thing I know about WAll MART though. They are mine and others leading suppliers of ICE's I love em.
Everyone talks about all the jobs that a Wal Mart provides to local communities, and yes, they do. But people seem to forget about all the small business they put out of business all together. I think Wal Marts takes away from the home town feel I used to get when I went shopping. I mean, you can go in, get a hotdog while getting tires put on your car and do all your grocery and any kind of shopping that you may need to do. That is all our money going into one store, instead of spreading it around to the local business men and women who somehow have managed to keep in business.
Wal Mart's merchandise isn't as good as it use to be....
yeah
but its the place to be if its like the night before a ball game and you and your friends need to pick up some tshirts, sweats, and paint lol
Where else in this country can you go ride bikes, hide in clothes racks, and play baseball all under one roof? Nowhere, unless you wanna go to Kmart...
Anyone ever see the list of things to do in Wal-Mart to see how many you can do before you get kicked out or just plain have fun? It's hilarious and many of them I have done.
thetribe Wrote:Not trying to pick a fight but 98, how is it everything that is wrong with our culture? I might actually agree with this, just can't really understand the statement.
WalMart is simply anevil evil company, if it's not from paying incredibly horrible salaries, then it's not giving or offering its employees a decent insurance plan.

The benefits it offers its employees are disgusting. They move into these small towns put all the mom and pop stores out of business and then mistreat their employees. :redboxer:
but thats what feeds america...not the mom and pop store but the huge firms...the places that give jobs to thousands across the country......i want to work at a Walmart Dc...but they dont want me:Sad04: