Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NewCath coach Schneider to return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newport Central Catholic football coach Bob Schneider will be back for the 2009 season. The state's all-time winningest football coach said Friday he will return for the 44th season as the head coach of his alma mater. The 70-year-old said he already has told school administrators of his plan to coach next season.

Schneider, who has led the Thoroughbreds to three state titles and back-to-back Class 2A state runner-up finishes, has a 338-177 career record. After the Thoroughbreds' state championship loss to Fort Campbell last month, Schneider said he hadn't yet decided whether to retire.

"There were several reasons (for returning)," Schneider said Friday. "We're going to have a really tough schedule and we'll be kind of thin after graduating 22 seniors. If there's going to be a rough patch, I'd rather help us through it than retire."

NewCath will return starters at eight of 22 positions.

Cincinnati Enquirer: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...901030409/
Why wouldn't he come back he has got it made. I haven't seen him do alot of coaching in the past few years. I believe that he son does most of it if I am correct.
That man has seen alot of football in his time.
Age 70 is a time when most Americans are retired and able to spend more time doing the things they really love rather than work.

In the case of Newport Central Catholic football coach Bob Schneider, who turns 71 in April, he loves his work too much to retire.

That's why earlier this week Schneider told the Enquirer that he was coming back to coach the Thoroughbreds for a 44th season in 2009.

"I kind of have an aversion to retirement," said Schneider, who actually did retire as the school's athletic director in 2001 after 35 years in that position, and as the school's assistant principal in 2003 but still teaches one advanced placement English class at NewCath.

The parochial school pension plan isn't the world's greatest, but he's certainly not still coaching for the money. He's doing it, he said, because he loves the school and loves to coach

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...901090416/