Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 75 - South Floyd 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to Betsy Layne. Brandon Marson led South Floyd with 13. Betsy Layne was lead by Bryant Tibbs with 20. Betsy Layne played without Nathan Martin.
What a beatdown!
south floyd is pitiful.....i know they are young but there is a point when you have to mature and win some games...congrats bobcats
Congrats BL
Nice win for Betsy Lane
Is Adam Slone playing yet for BL?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Is Adam Slone playing yet for BL?

Yeah he played tonight, as he came out of the game, it looked like he was limping, during the girls game he was icing it down.
SF didnt do anything right tonight...the rebounds was 49-19 in Betsy Layne's favor..but anyways congrats BL...
good job bl why didnt nathan martin play?
Congrats Bobcats! Rebounding edge was the difference tonight without their best player, Nathan Martin.
Congrats to the Bobcats
Agent 0 Wrote:good job bl why didnt nathan martin play?

Nathan Martin didn't play because of an injured ankle.
Got to remember South Floyd was without Dakota Hall, he will bring some fire back to the Raiders, does anyone know when he will return. And what was up with Martin not playing for BL?
Congrats BL, I dont think SF even got off the bus.
Congrats Betsy Layne
xboxer Wrote:Got to remember South Floyd was without Dakota Hall, he will bring some fire back to the Raiders, does anyone know when he will return. And what was up with Martin not playing for BL?

Martin rolled his ankle, a few practices ago. It was still sore for gametime, so they let him sit it out.
SF has the potential to be a winner. Just seemed like SF was rushing everything last night, could run back-to-back set plays and certain players seem out of position. I don't understand why Paige is taking 18 foot jumpers when he can be closer to basket. He looks more comfortable 10 feet away and is in better position to rebound from missed 3's. Turner had a tough night and never really got on track. The team as a whole lacks the desire to rebound and believe me, the ball isn't going to fall into your arms when you have an opponent like BL crashing the glass.

Bright spots: Marson is improving and will be a special player. Hopefully the return of Dakota Hall will improve the perimeter game for the Raiders. I enjoyed the play of Andrew Vance at point in the early going. He has the mold of a point guard. Dylan Langdon was really the only person hitting the glass and staying near the post.

It only takes 1 guys...hustle and pull off an upset in the next few weeks...work hard and prepare for the All "A"...It takes time, but hopefully the old South Floyd "winner's mentality" will come back for the Raiders.

Here's to hoping it does...Good luck (class of 96).
GOOD JOB BOBCATS....GREAT GAME TIBBS...WAY TO STEP UP....

if every player would step up to the plate and play ball the way they can....the bobcats would not be stopped....

if martin, tibbs, adkins, head, & newman would drop 15-20 pts per game....like they can.....no one would stop them......
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:GOOD JOB BOBCATS....GREAT GAME TIBBS...WAY TO STEP UP....

if every player would step up to the plate and play ball the way they can....the bobcats would not be stopped....

if martin, tibbs, adkins, head, & newman would drop 15-20 pts per game....like they can.....no one would stop them......

5 players averaging 15-20 points per game?Rolleyes
I attended this game. great game for tibbs. SF just couldnt get nothin going. Good game bobcats, best of luck to you SF. keep your heads up
SF is not a young team anymore.They have experienced players that should be stepping up.I think they would do better if they would calm down and actually run an offense.I also think they need to work on defense.My problem with the SF boys is that they play with no heart.
Like I said in the prediction thread, BL would be to much down low for SF.

Congrats Bobcats!
Way to go Bobcats!!
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:GOOD JOB BOBCATS....GREAT GAME TIBBS...WAY TO STEP UP....

newman doesnt even get to play anymore. what happened?