Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7th Region Power Rankings 1/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
7th Region Power Rankings 1-2-09

1. Eastern
2. J'Town
3. Ballard
4. Male
5. Trinity
6. Moore
7. Manual
8. Waggener
9. Seneca
10. St. Xavier
11. Christian Academy of Louisville
12. Fern Creek
13. Kentucky Country Day
14. Whitefield Academy
15. Atherton
16. Collegiate

Eastern earns the top spot by staying undefeated through their holiday tournaments. With good wins over an undefeated Boone Co. and good Wayne Co. team on their home floor. Big week coming up for Eastern. They host Ballard on Jan. 6 and visit J'Town Jan. 9.

J'Town had a strong showing in the KoB, losing to nationally ranked Franklin in the final...the Eastern @J'Town game on Fri will be the game to see.

Ballard has played to toughest schedule of the 7th Region to this point and unfortunately has been on the short side of that. They are the most battle tested team and that could prove a big advantage for them. The have a showdown @ Eastern on Tues.

Male had a slow start but they now look like they are a tough out. They played Franklin to a 4 point loss, which in my opinion they should have won. The also had a decent showing at the stacked Arby's classic, suffering a tough 1 point loss to Bryan Station. Male always improves drastically over the season and they will continue to get better. They host Manual Jan. 9.

Trinity coming in at 11-1 is a surprise to me. Freshman Chris Harrison is one of the best froshs in the state and has the potential to be something special. With good wins over Manual, Lex Christian and Boone Co...you cannot afford to overlook them. They go to Ballard on Jan. 9.

Moore suffered two tough losses over the break, but I still feel they are one of the best in the city. A 3 point loss to both an undefeated Owensboro team and a good Wayne Co. team on their home floor is tough. These guys aren't done making noise. Look for a matchup with J'Town on Jan. 21 and Eastern on Feb. 3.

Manual had a tough holiday break, losing 2 games in the KoB without Jacob Jenkins and then with losses to Hazard and Lexington Christian in the 5/3.
1-7 looks very accurate, don't know much at all about any team 8-16.