Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chad Johnson for Brian Urlacher (in talks)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just heard that the Bengals and Bears are in more than serious talks about a deal that could flop-flop the two pro-bowlers. The Bears have made it known that they are shopping Urlacher and his contract. A major weakness for the Bears offense was a playmaking WR. They attempted to make the best returner in the game, Devin Hestor into that but his receiving numbers were not good, and his return averages dropped considerably.

Urlacher for Johnson, what do you think?
The Bengals better make this deal before Chicago realizes what they're doing and changes thier minds. Chad Johnson, IMO, is a cancer to the team. Plus, defense wins championships. Add Urlacher to an already good defense and they will have one of the best defenses in the league.
I would love to see that trade. Talk about a Happy New Year.
ImagineThat! Wrote:The Bengals better make this deal before Chicago realizes what they're doing and changes thier minds. Chad Johnson, IMO, is a cancer to the team. Plus, defense wins championships. Add Urlacher to an already good defense and they will have one of the best defenses in the league.

If defense wins championships, then the Bears should have beat the Colts.

If I were the Bears, I would not make this trade. Chad Johnson isn't the play making reciever he used to be. They really wouldn't be getting nothing out of this trade. I would rather have T.J. than Johnson.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:If defense wins championships, then the Bears should have beat the Colts.

If I were the Bears, I would not make this trade. Chad Johnson isn't the play making reciever he used to be. They really wouldn't be getting nothing out of this trade. I would rather have T.J. than Johnson.

Because the Colts also had a great defense that was just overshadowed by the offense.
This would be a great deal for the bengals
No. I heard that Brian Urlacher is having back problems, but he's a big reason why their defense is great. This trade doesn't make sense because it would make Chicago's defense worse and you don't really have a great quarterback to pass to Chad Johnson (Look at the Panthers, they have Steve Smith, a great receiver, but their quarterback is having problems). As a result, they don't pass it very much, which lowers Steve Smith's value. Chicago is a running team. If you trade Brian Urlacher, trade him for a better quarterback.

As for the Bengals, this would be a great trade. Houshmandzadeh would be a great receiver to replace Johnson, and Brian Urlacher would make your defense better (Yet, there defense would still be pretty bad). This would be a great team which would be a wild card contender. (They probably wouldn't win their division against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Cleveland Browns, or the Baltimore Ravens.
^ I don't disagree with you Deatherstar, but Urlacher and the Bears management have been at odds for years. Their nogotiations in the past have soured all parties. The Bears do not feel they can resign him when his contract is up, so they either deal him or lose him and get nothing in return.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:As for the Bengals, this would be a great trade. Houshmandzadeh would be a great receiver to replace Johnson, and Brian Urlacher would make your defense better (Yet, there defense would still be pretty bad). This would be a great team which would be a wild card contender. (They probably wouldn't win their division against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Cleveland Browns, or the Baltimore Ravens.

Actually, their defense carried the Bengals this year, and is the only reason they aren't 0-16 like the Lions. Check the stats, the Bengals ranked 12th in the league this year in defense. Consider the fact that they played most of the year without their top pick from last year, Keith Rivers, and that's pretty good. The defense seems to be heading up.

And you're right that they won't win their division next year, but I seriously doubt that the Browns will be any reason they won't win it...

As for the trade, though, I still would make it. Johnson wants out, and I think if he went to a new team he would play harder and do better than he did this past season for Cincy. A fresh start would probably be good for both players.
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, their defense carried the Bengals this year, and is the only reason they aren't 0-16 like the Lions. Check the stats, the Bengals ranked 12th in the league this year in defense. Consider the fact that they played most of the year without their top pick from last year, Keith Rivers, and that's pretty good. The defense seems to be heading up.

And you're right that they won't win their division next year, but I seriously doubt that the Browns will be any reason they won't win it...

As for the trade, though, I still would make it. Johnson wants out, and I think if he went to a new team he would play harder and do better than he did this past season for Cincy. A fresh start would probably be good for both players.

From 27th to 12th :Thumbs:, it was definitely the Defense. That, I will give 100% credit to new D-coordinator Leslie Frazier. Now, replace Bratkowski - please :eek:
Depends if we can re-sign TJ or not
Would be a good trade but Urlacher is getting old and when does his contract expire exactly because that would give us some info on the long term effect of the trade.
Stardust Wrote:From 27th to 12th :Thumbs:, it was definitely the Defense. That, I will give 100% credit to new D-coordinator Leslie Frazier. Now, replace Bratkowski - please :eek:

You mean Mike Zimmer. Marvin fired Leslie Frazier a few years ago, right before he hired Chuck Bresnahan (smart move, huh?). Frazier was the Vikings' D-coordinator this past year.

And yes, I give Zimmer all the credit in the world for the turnaround. :thumpsup:
More Cowbell Wrote:You mean Mike Zimmer. Marvin fired Leslie Frazier a few years ago, right before he hired Chuck Bresnahan (smart move, huh?). Frazier was the Vikings' D-coordinator this past year.

And yes, I give Zimmer all the credit in the world for the turnaround. :thumpsup:

:notworthy Smile oops, that is what I meant :howdy:
Stardust Wrote::notworthy Smile oops, that is what I meant :howdy:
Smile I thought you were joking, that's why I didn't say anything:howdy:
BFritz Wrote:Smile I thought you were joking, that's why I didn't say anything:howdy:

I'm so mesmerized with the pitiful job the Bengals do, I am confused with who is there. :confused:

I thought Esiason have a pretty solid year as well Big Grin

Smile
Stardust Wrote:I'm so mesmerized with the pitiful job the Bengals do, I am confused with who is there. :confused:

I thought Esiason have a pretty solid year as well Big Grin

Smile

I heard Munoz is headed to the Pro Bowl!!! Big Grin
Jshort5 Wrote:I heard Munoz is headed to the Pro Bowl!!! Big Grin

:thumpsup: :p
This deal would benefit both teams!

It would probably help Cincinnati a bit more though.
Anyone heard anything on this, is it still talk? I think it would be huge if the Bengals could land that mean #54.
The talk is that the Bengals and Bears will meet during the meetings at the Super Bowl. There is supposed to be discussions with the Bengals and Raiders, but I have not had any confirmations on players discussed. It does appear the Bengals are interested in looking for O & D linemen through potential trades.
Would help bengels defense big time there weak at the mike position need a good field leader like brain.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Would help bengels defense big time there weak at the mike position need a good field leader like brain.
I don't know if I'd do it because Dhani Jones is solid at the MLB, but IF we could re-sign TJ I MIGHT do it IF we could make a triangle deal and then trade Urlacher for a solid center (then I'd still draft Alex Mack, but I'd like a vet for Carson's first line of defense).
Make the trade.
I think it would be a good trade because Brian Urlacher is a great linebacker and chicago need a good wide receiver and Johnson would be good for em maybe if the bengals did get urlacher if would improve on there defense alot