Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Invitational Tournament 1/12-1/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LIT @ Bellarmine University

Monday, Jan. 12
Fern Creek (12) vs. Butler (13), 3:30; Seneca (9) vs. Southern (16), 5; Manual (10) vs. Christian Academy (15), 6:30; St. Xavier (11) vs. Fairdale (14), 8:15

Tuesday, Jan. 13
Trinity (5) vs. North Bullitt (State 4), 3:30; Jeffersontown (1) vs. Fern Creek-Butler winner, 5; Pleasure Ridge Park (4) vs. Moore (6), 6:30; Christian County (State 1) vs. St. Xavier-Fairdale winner, 8:15

Wednesday, Jan. 14
Ballard (3) vs. Iroquois (8), 3:30; Eastern (2) vs. Manual-Christian Academy winner, 5; South Laurel (State 2) vs. Seneca-Southern winner, 6:30; Male (7) vs. Madisonville-North Hopkins (State 3), 8:15

Friday, Jan. 16
Quarterfinals at 3:30, 5:15, 7 and 8:45.

Saturday, Jan. 17
Semifinals at 10:30 a.m. and noon; final at 7:30 p.m.
I'm OK with these pairings for the most part. But I don't agree with having Manual as a 10 AT ALL...that is a little low, maybe a 5 or 6. I also think Male deserved to be a little higher than a 7. Just Eastern's luck to more than likely have to play Manual in the 2nd round followed by Male in the next.

I have concerns about this tournament for Eastern, coming off games against (10th in the state) Ballard and (4th in the state) J'Town leading into games against Manual, Male and if they're lucky enough to get to the Final they will probably face J'Town or Ballard again.

Ouch, its almost comical, if they pull it off it would be huge step for the team and putting up a huge case to be the best in the state. Honestly not holding my breath.
BUMP....now that its more relevant lets see if anyone has any input
Good games here! Would be fun to watch if you lived in Louisville.

J-town could be upset if Thomas Jackson (starting PG) is still out (ankle sprain).
This is a tourney I'd like to see. Wish Wazoo Sports or some type of webcast, because they're are all kinds of talent in this tourney.

Best of luck to each team!
Didn't the LIT used to invite more teams from around the state to play?
EasternAlum, you might change your mind regarding the draw against Manual in the 2nd round. Manual is a .500 team without Jenkins in the lineup or still recovering. Jenkins did not play Saturday at the KY Preps Classic and was not even close to 100% against Male yet still had a solid first half to give Manual a 9-point lead.

Eastern may be getting th biggest break meeting a Manual team that's waiting on its leader and top 1 or 2 player in the state to play at full-speed.