Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Monticello Bank Classic Notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eastern had dominating performances in their first games of the tournament on Mon. They look great and their defense and size was just too much for York Institute, TN and Rockcastle Co. Their game last night against Chattanooga Baylor was one of the ugliest games I've ever seen, with a halftime score of 19-15 and a 42-33 final. The kids from Baylor can shoot the 3 like nobody's business. Eastern came out on top and plays Wayne Co. in the Final today at 3.

Other notes

Moore looks good, first chance I got to see them play. Mosley is the real deal. I get the impression that if you can shut him down that the rest of the team will have trouble, but he is good enough that you can just hope to slow him down. Moore played Wayne Co. in the other semifinal, but I left before it started.

Other teams that looked better than I expected were Wayne Co. and Pulaski Co. each have some kids that have legit skills.

North Jackson (AL) had a poor showing due to the fact that they were missing 4 players. 2 of which are playing in one of the football allstar games this weekend, one is commited to Texas and the other to Auburn. Safe to assume those boys were big losses. The other 2 didn't make the trip due to illness.

Wish I could've stayed for the Final...but had a job interview this morning.
Eastern is establishing themselves as one of the top teams in the state.