Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Broncos fire Shanahan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
per espn

Kind of a shocker to me
A shocker to me as well.
He'll get hired somewhere else pretty quick I would imagine. Hope the Browns talk to him.
Think they may hire Wade Phillips??? LMAO....
No chance the get Phillips! Jerry Jones has already said Phillips is going to be the Cowboy's coach in '09!
alfus21 Wrote:He'll get hired somewhere else pretty quick I would imagine. Hope the Browns talk to him.

I hope he goes to the Browns but I would love to see Mangini go to Cleveland!
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:No chance the get Phillips! Jerry Jones has already said Phillips is going to be the Cowboy's coach in '09!

LOL... I was being sarcastic.... Wink
Terrible decision. He's an outstanding coach.
WOW!!! This was horrible!!
Im not surprised at all. Shanahan looked like a great coach when he had Elway and Terrelle Davis but since both have retired Denver has been mediocre at best.
I sure didn't see this coming!
phs1986 Wrote:Think they may hire Wade Phillips??? LMAO....

Dallas can send Garrett and Romo with Wade too.Big Grin
A pity, I thought Shanahan was a great coach and he even won them two Super Bowls but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get hired pretty quick, possibly New York if Cowher doesn't take the job.
Please go to the Browns!!
Looks like it shocked the Bronco's players as well. Shanahan is a great offensive mind, he'll find a job pretty quickly but it wouldn't shock me to see him take a year off. I don't see a team that fits him other than the Jets, but when Favre leaves, then they are mediocre at best. No way he goes to the Browns or Lions with all the problems there.

The best job in the NFL for Shanahan is San Diego. The offensive tools are made for his style of coaching. Look for Indy to knock out San Diego in the first round of the playoffs this weekend, and Shanahan announced as the Chargers coach by next weekend Confusedhh:
Coaching was not his problem. His problem was that he was also the GM and his drafts were not very good. Denver's defense is just terrible.
Statmaster Wrote:Coaching was not his problem. His problem was that he was also the GM and his drafts were not very good. Denver's defense is just terrible.

They drafted Wesley Woodyard. You can't go wrong there. Wink