Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Names of Young Coaches that might could handle a Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We have lots of young coaches in Ky that maybe able to handle a few programs,where,and who are the best ones for the Jobs...
Jason Chappel
John Carroll, Shelby County Middle School, he was being spoke to by Knott Co. about their position.
Tyler Puckett
Justin Haddix
Brad Allen, East Ridge
Jesse Peck, Phelps
Ben Howard - Letcher Central. Look for him to be a head coach very, very soon.
Josh Hughes from Lewis Co. He might be a youngest Head Coach in the state of Kentucky, at the age of 28. He was 27 when he get the job.
cj2561 Wrote:Josh Hughes from Lewis Co. He might be a youngest Head Coach in the state of Kentucky, at the age of 28. He was 27 when he get the job.

I believe Brad Allen is a couple of years younger than that?
What about that Hall kid over at Allen Central. He may not be winning championships, but has he turned that program around. He has won about 20 some games in the six seasons he has been over there. Was looking on the Khsaa website and all the other coaches since the 1990 season combined only won about 30, that was even the years they were in the 7 man football. People can say what they want about Allen Central, They may not be a tradition, but they are working little by little to get there. Watched those boys play and Hall coach a few games this year. They were just about 3 plays and three points from being 9 an 1 regular season.
I agree I think Jeremy Hall is doing a great job over at Allen Central but what happens after this season. I think they are losing 16 players next year.

If he does good the year after the Crowders then I will say he is the man.
not a head coach but I think Matt Varney at Belfry would make a great head coach.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I believe Brad Allen is a couple of years younger than that?

Someone with a head coaching job before they are 30 years old is doing good.
Zeke Jones-Jenkins... He took over this past season and endured alot of opposition. I know the Cav's had a rough year but he will turn that around. I look for them to have a 500 range program next outing and improve from there. I do not have any info and if anyone knows did Jenkins run the SideSaddle offense with Zeke.
jenkins didnt run side saddle.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I believe Brad Allen is a couple of years younger than that?

Brad is 24 I believe
What do you consider young? Age or experience. By the way there are those jobs out there that no one wants and any young coach could get a chance. Just because you are a head coach doesn't mean you are a good coach. It sometimes means you might have a guy get a job becasue no one else wants that job!
Justin Haddix will someday make a Good Coach but at this time i think his plans are getting back to the college level as soon as his younger Brother graduate High School next year,Jade will be a senior and Justin plans to see what happens,he knows the game and will make a good coach someday,somewhere and he is only 25 yrs old with plenty knowledge of the game, High school and College having started 4 yrs for WKU at Qb,and winning state Championship at Breathitt High at Qb in 2002.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Justin Haddix will someday make a Good Coach but at this time i think his plans are getting back to the college level as soon as his younger Brother graduate High School next year,Jade will be a senior and Justin plans to see what happens,he knows the game and will make a good coach someday,somewhere and he is only 25 yrs old with plenty knowledge of the game, High school and College having started 4 yrs for WKU at Qb,and winning state Championship at Breathitt High at Qb in 2002.

Juat because you played don't make you a coach. The best coaches out there learned the game and how to coach the game from working under someone and from a program that has been successfull.
cj2561 Wrote:Someone with a head coaching job before they are 30 years old is doing good.
Or is related to somebody lol
xwarrior Wrote:Or is related to somebody lol

Or takes a job that no one else wants.
Luke Sammons at Lawrence Co he is doing the right things I think even though the 1st year was tough. He's got a lot to deal with and has made a lot of good moves I think. Lots of young talent back that should shine next year.
Blake Preece at Lawrence Co. He helped there with Billy Goldsmith + Chuke Williams. Also coached at North Oldham who is one of the hottest new programs in the state. He won a state championship while at Lexington Catholic under Bob Sphire with Bill Letton. That's a lot of good coaches he has been with!.
Dixon had a lot of fire too at LC. He worked under Chuke, McPeek and Billy.
It's crazy how many coaches have come from the LC program and excelled not only in high school but college + pro!
Csportsman11 Wrote:Justin Haddix will someday make a Good Coach but at this time i think his plans are getting back to the college level as soon as his younger Brother graduate High School next year,Jade will be a senior and Justin plans to see what happens,he knows the game and will make a good coach someday,somewhere and he is only 25 yrs old with plenty knowledge of the game, High school and College having started 4 yrs for WKU at Qb,and winning state Championship at Breathitt High at Qb in 2002.

I agree that Justin will make a good coach someday and he is learning under "The Master" right now.Holcomb is a football genius.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I agree that Justin will make a good coach someday and he is learning under "The Master" right now.Holcomb is a football genius.

Man you need to leave the hollow or the woods that you are living in. I would be carefull on how I would use the word genius. There is no genius living in Breathitt County.
ZoneRead Wrote:Man you need to leave the hollow or the woods that you are living in. I would be carefull on how I would use the word genius. There is no genius living in Breathitt County.

3 State Championships.I think that speaks for itself.It's OK to be jealous.:moon:
Holcomb is an excellent coach.....but I agree, some of the best coaches have never stepped on a college field or a football field for that matter. Prime example, John Madden.

I think there are several youthful coaches out there that will eventually turn in to good coaches, however I feel a coach should work under those that have been around the game for a lot longer than they have and soak in as much knowledge as possible. IMO someone that is around 25 or 26 and think they are ready to take on all the responsibilities of a head coach I think they might be a little arrogant, but will learn quickly they might be in over their heads.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:3 State Champiuonships.I think that speaks for itself.It's OK to be jealous.:moon:

I quess you are going to tell me now, how he done it all by himself. A man that smart would not go into coaching for a living anyhow.
ZoneRead Wrote:I quess you are going to tell me now, how he done it all by himself. A man that smart would not go into coaching for a living anyhow.

Like I said.........envy is a bad thing.Stay on thread.Justin will do fine some day.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Like I said.........envy is a bad thing.Stay on thread.Justin will do fine some day.

I also think he can make a good coach someday. What he needs to do is get a job were he is assign some coaching duties and work his way up. Maybe in 7 or 8 years he would be ready for a head coaching position. An assistant needs to be an offensive or defensive coordinator for a period of time before he can be even considered for a head coaching position.
Nathan McPeek- Fairview

Led the Eagles to an 8-4 record this season and runs the Spread Wing-T offense. I believe he is only 26 years old and hopefully is the future Russell coach, not sure what other people think.
Pages: 1 2 3