Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone Co. 84 - Knott Central 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Played this morning at Lexington Catholic. KCC 0-2 in the tournament. KCC tough in the mountains but a little overmatched once they leave EKY.
Congrats Boone. Any stats on McFarland?
Congrats Boone Co. What's wrong with Knott? Maybe KNOTT as good as everyone thought???
This is a surptise I thought KCC should have beaten both these teams instead of losing in double digits. I hope that KCC can get it together and turn it around because these performances in such a high exposure setting should have been taken advantage of. Any individual stats on these two games for KCC?
Haven't really heard much on Boone this year but I watched Knott play Valley at South Laurel and i was impressed with Cox. Stampler (sp) had an off night but they still pulled out the W over the very good Valley team. Any stats for Knott?

uk96

I think Tate led Knott with 27...I was really surprised KC did not win both of these games but maybe they can win on Monday morning at 9 am....
KCC has found the going tough outside the mountains...
Guys, give them a break. KCC is as good as everyone says, but the guys have played a game everyday since the 20th, having practice on Christmas Eve and one day off on Christmas Day. They are just worn out and can't play up to their level at the moment. They just couldn't get any shots to fall for them at all. In the LCA game, stuart and tate combined for 8 out of 30 from the field. Hopefully they can get their much needed rest before WYMT. Congrats Boone, but every team has it's limits- and KCC has pushed theirs this week.
PATS2011 Wrote:Guys, give them a break. KCC is as good as everyone says, but the guys have played a game everyday since the 20th, having practice on Christmas Eve and one day off on Christmas Day. They are just worn out and can't play up to their level at the moment. They just couldn't get any shots to fall for them at all. In the LCA game, stuart and tate combined for 8 out of 30 from the field. Hopefully they can get their much needed rest before WYMT. Congrats Boone, but every team has it's limits- and KCC has pushed theirs this week.

that is brutal
baller#21 Wrote:Haven't really heard much on Boone this year but I watched Knott play Valley at South Laurel and i was impressed with Cox. Stampler (sp) had an off night but they still pulled out the W over the very good Valley team. Any stats for Knott?

Boone is a legit top 20 team. The are ranked #2 in NKY behind Holmes. This is not a bad loss for KC
Stardust Wrote:Boone is a legit top 20 team. The are ranked #2 in NKY behind Holmes. This is not a bad loss for KC

I agree. I think Knott Co could have gave them a better game though. Good luck to both teams in the rest of the tourney!
Pats2011 this is called playing thru a tough stretch in your basketball schedule. Look at Hazard,s, PCC"s, LCC"s, JBS"s and other teams schedule at this time of the year. Injuries, sickness, and scheduling are a part of basketball. Some teams with deeper benchs and more experience perform better than others. IMO making excuses about losts don't cut it. You play with what you are able to put out on the floor come game time. KCC will need to regroup and give a good performance on Monday. Good luck.
BOONE County is a very solid team KCC will be ok they are playing very good competition.
KCC have a decent team but if Cox or Stamper is having off night the PATS are in big trouble
Well boys I have to put my two cents in. I was there along with many fans from Knott Co, and I can tell you that many of them did not return on Saturday. That upsets me alot, If you are gonna be a fan you have to take the bad with the good. Did anyone really expect KCC not to lose a game or 2 along the way? The radio guys from WKCB just ****ed me off with all the blowing about how bad our boys were playing. First off we traveled 3hrs to play the first game without any rest before the game, 2 of our players were playin injured, Stamper didn't need to be on the floor with his injury, and really did you think they would give us any calls? Which is no excuse I know, but c'mon, Amburgey and Ratliff couldn't get within 2 ft of a player or they called a foul. And coach Amburgey needs to let those bigger guys drive the ball inside some, he keeps playin the same way with Cox and Stamper doin all the shootin and they can't have good games every time they play ball. But I would rather see them lose a little tournament like this and come back and play well in the Mountain Classic, I myself, unlike many other so called KCC fans will stick by them win or lose and not talk about them being an embarassment. Thats a way to boost their moral WKCB, by talkin about them like dogs and actin like they just f---ed up their chance at the state title. They are, after all only high school players. So congratulations to LC and Boone Co. you played a very good team, despite of how they played or what ppl say about them. And to KCC you boys are #1 in my eyes, you had a couple of bad games, but so what, come on back home and get your team together and get ready for the games that matter.
sassy Wrote:Well boys I have to put my two cents in. I was there along with many fans from Knott Co, and I can tell you that many of them did not return on Saturday. That upsets me alot, If you are gonna be a fan you have to take the bad with the good. Did anyone really expect KCC not to lose a game or 2 along the way? The radio guys from WKCB just ****ed me off with all the blowing about how bad our boys were playing. First off we traveled 3hrs to play the first game without any rest before the game, 2 of our players were playin injured, Stamper didn't need to be on the floor with his injury, and really did you think they would give us any calls? Which is no excuse I know, but c'mon, Amburgey and Ratliff couldn't get within 2 ft of a player or they called a foul. And coach Amburgey needs to let those bigger guys drive the ball inside some, he keeps playin the same way with Cox and Stamper doin all the shootin and they can't have good games every time they play ball. But I would rather see them lose a little tournament like this and come back and play well in the Mountain Classic, I myself, unlike many other so called KCC fans will stick by them win or lose and not talk about them being an embarassment. Thats a way to boost their moral WKCB, by talkin about them like dogs and actin like they just f---ed up their chance at the state title. They are, after all only high school players. So congratulations to LC and Boone Co. you played a very good team, despite of how they played or what ppl say about them. And to KCC you boys are #1 in my eyes, you had a couple of bad games, but so what, come on back home and get your team together and get ready for the games that matter.

dont go crazy on me here...but your not saying they have a chance to win the state title here are you..lol
The real fans will be there at 9 am Monday.
king360 Wrote:dont go crazy on me here...but your not saying they have a chance to win the state title here are you..lol

Did I say that? What in my post suggested thats what I meant?
UKisN1 Wrote:The real fans will be there at 9 am Monday.

Yes and I would have been there if I could have gotten off work. But I couldn't without losing my job.
Is WKCB going to do the game?
who do they play?
Hopkins Co Central?
UKisN1 Wrote:Is WKCB going to do the game?

I don't know, they probably gave up on KCC, I myself felt like I was givin up on them comin back home today. You just don't know how bad I wanted to turn around and go back. But my kids depend on me to feed them so I reluctantly came on home. I guess the radio will air it, I don't see why they wouldn't.
Boone is a very good team...

uk96

I think fans should not get too high or too low on games played early in the season. The true test of a team is what how they progress and if they improve to a level capable of winning a regional championship. It takes teams until February sometimes to gel as a unit. I think that Knott will be fine but they are going to have to involve some more kids in their offense to win a regional title.
uk96 Wrote:I think fans should not get too high or too low on games played early in the season. The true test of a team is what how they progress and if they improve to a level capable of winning a regional championship. It takes teams until February sometimes to gel as a unit. I think that Knott will be fine but they are going to have to involve some more kids in their offense to win a regional title.

especially in a tournament which really means nothing..i think KCC should just focus on there competiton on the mountians..keep your heads up
I think uk96 and king360 have said it all, I just wish more ppl would think like you 2 do.
Sassy, how did you hear what the radio guys were saying if you were at the game?

uk96

long rifle Wrote:Sassy, how did you hear what the radio guys were saying if you were at the game?

Is this game going to be on radio or the internet????
long rifle Wrote:Sassy, how did you hear what the radio guys were saying if you were at the game?

In a way, I heard some of it on head phones and when I was talking to family members on the phone, they held the receiver to the radio and let me hear some of it. You know family members, they gotta tell you everything.
Pages: 1 2