Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 82 - Jenkins 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They will face Edmonson Co., Saturday at 8:15. Jenkins will play Paintsville.
Classless classic!!
Nike1 Wrote:Classless classic!!
You apparently weren't at this game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You apparently weren't at this game.

What makes you say that?
Nike1 Wrote:What makes you say that?
The starters played maybe 1.5 quaters.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The starters played maybe 1.5 quaters.

I don't care how much the starters played, Jenkins should have never received an invitation. I also find it interesting that the Panthers just happen to draw such a weak opponent.
Another key victory for Pikeville against a good Jenkins squad. Congrats Pikeville.
Nike1 Wrote:I don't care how much the starters played, Jenkins should have never received an invitation. I also find it interesting that the Panthers just happen to draw such a weak opponent.

Draw, who in the world has a draw for their own tournment. The draw is geeting your own fans to the game. Plus all the teams will be playing three games... Pikeville showed a lot of class the way they played so many players. And I would say the coaching staff a Jenkins were pleased..
BlueSky Wrote:Draw, who in the world has a draw for their own tournment. The draw is geeting your own fans to the game. Plus all the teams will be playing three games... Pikeville showed a lot of class the way they played so many players. And I would say the coaching staff a Jenkins were pleased..

How did Jenkins get into the tournament to start with? That's what I meant by classless. Why invite a team into a tournament that is so much weaker than the rest of the competition? Is it just so Pikeville can get a win in their own tournament or what? The PIT sure isn't what it used to be.
Well they actually expanded it from what I can remember. Congrats to Pikeville on an opening round victory, they may have their hands full with #15 (I'm pretty sure is his number) from Edmonson Co. who dropped 43 in their game earlier today.
BlueSky Wrote:Draw, who in the world has a draw for their own tournment. The draw is geeting your own fans to the game. Plus all the teams will be playing three games... Pikeville showed a lot of class the way they played so many players. And I would say the coaching staff a Jenkins were pleased..

Other teams like Hazard and SV are playing in tournaments in places like Florida, Knott County played LCA at the Republic Bank Tournament in Lexington, South Laurel is playing Boyle County at the Corbin tournament, and here Pikeville is playing Jenkins at home. Just another reason that Pikeville will never be able to play with the likes of Hazard, SV, KCC, South Laurel and the other good programs.
Congrats Pikeville
Yeah, great win!
Nike1 Wrote:How did Jenkins get into the tournament to start with? That's what I meant by classless. Why invite a team into a tournament that is so much weaker than the rest of the competition? Is it just so Pikeville can get a win in their own tournament or what? The PIT sure isn't what it used to be.
Then why did they accept the invitation? Did Coach Williams hold a gun to their head? Get over your obvious axe you have to grind with PHS.
The invitations to take part in the P.I.T. are made early in the season and the coaches for each team that is invited make the decision whether to accept the invitation. A lot of work is involved in getting a tournament set up. Give Bart and his staff a little credit.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Then why did they accept the invitation? Did Coach Williams hold a gun to their head? Get over your obvious axe you have to grind with PHS.
Probably because nobody else would invite them to their tournament.
Nike1 Wrote:How did Jenkins get into the tournament to start with? That's what I meant by classless. Why invite a team into a tournament that is so much weaker than the rest of the competition? Is it just so Pikeville can get a win in their own tournament or what? The PIT sure isn't what it used to be.

Agreed, the PIT sure isn't what it used to be. How can it be? The PIT is the third longest running invitational tourney in the state. It's called tradition and Pikeville being one of the few schools that hasn't consolidated with one or two other schools has a long standing tradition in the PIT. Back in the day mountain schools didn't have the money or means to travel like they do today. Times have changed.
The PIT used to be a hugh tournament with all local schools participating. Like the district tourney's used to take a week to play because there were so many teams. As stated in another post, other local schools are traveling to distant locations and I think that is great for the schools and players. Under these circumstances, I'm sure that the Jenkins players and coaching staff would rather be playing somewhere than sitting home over the break with no games. JMO.
First off to the guy who keeps bashing Jenkins. Quit being a baby. Get off your high hirse. And second I know for a fact that Jenkins has been to the PIT for the last three years.
I understand what Nike1 is saying. The PIT will remain a joke of a tournament as long as they continue to invite teams like Jenkins. And having invited them for "the last three years" proves that Pikeville's coaching staff is satisfied with playing inferior competition...
Well why didn't Pikeville invite Phelps, there not playing anywhere....afraid to get beat by them again.....
The King Wrote:I understand what Nike1 is saying. The PIT will remain a joke of a tournament as long as they continue to invite teams like Jenkins. And having invited them for "the last three years" proves that Pikeville's coaching staff is satisfied with playing inferior competition...

The win over Jenkins is as big as any win the football team had.
Congrats Pikeville and keep your heads up Jenkins.
This all started with a simple posting of the results of the game. Should the scores from the PIT not be posted because it's the PIT? Everyone has the option to read a thread or not. If you are not interested or don't think it is relevent, don't read it. It's simple.
Best of luck to all teams in the PIT.
jetpilot Wrote:The win over Jenkins is as big as any win the football team had.

I agree with that, any win for a Pikeville program is good and hard to come by these days. The only difference is that, in football, they had to play Jenkins and other mediocre teams, but they did show some guts by playing a pretty tough non-district schedule.(Corbin, Ashland, LexCath, P-Burg, Belfry)

And neither are you.... Don't tear down others programs to build another one up.. When it is all said and done this is a game for the young people to enjoy. Lets worry about teaching more than playing...
That was a great win by Pikeville, they came out ready to play.