Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian 69 - Knott Co Central 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from 5th/3RD tourney.
closer than i thought
This is a very bad loss for KCC... LCA was 0-4 coming into this one with losses to Clay Co, LexCath, Mercer Co., and Perry Central.
any stats?
Wow! I thought Knott was unbeatable. Perry killed LCA.
zulu Wrote:Wow! I thought Knott was unbeatable. Perry killed LCA.

I think Perry will beat Knott by atleast 10 when they play..but good win for LCA
zulu Wrote:Wow! I thought Knott was unbeatable. Perry killed LCA.

The all might Knott has fallen once again
Show some class people. Congrats LCA. Re-group KCC
This is a shocker...
Congrats LCA, great job and a very nice win.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Show some class people. Congrats LCA. Re-group KCC

When knott fans show class I think eveyone else on here will. They have created this monster!
who was'nt showing class?
zulu Wrote:When knott fans show class I think eveyone else on here will. They have created this monster!
Most of use do show class. Only a select few have created this sub-called monster. Once again congrats LCA.
congrats LCA! proved me wrong.
I'm actually a little shocked. I was expecting a KCC win. I saw PCC play them, and they had little if any trouble beating them. Was it just an off night for KCC or is PCC THAT good?
PCC is real this year

uk96

I am really surprised by this one. Did Knott play bad or what happened? What was the scoring for Knott?
Lexington Christian knocks off Knott Central
Posted by Mike Fields on December 26, 2008

Updates from the Repubic Bank Holiday Classic boys’ basketball tournament at Lexington Catholic.

LCA won its first game of the season, beating Knott County Central 69-56 in the second game of the Holiday Classic. Grant Sparks had 19 points to lead LCA. Will Evans added 13 points and 9 rebounds. Freshman Taylor Barnette added 12 points and 7 boards.
Knott Central was led by its guard combo of Stuart Stamper (14 points) and Tate Cox (13). Stamper and Cox had shooting problems, though, combining to go 8-for-30 from the field, including 2-for-13 on three-pointers. Stamper played despite a bad ankle which limited his mobility and affected his jump shot.
Knott Central rallied to take a 52-51 lead early in the third quarter, but LCA has edged back ahead 56-52 with 3:16 left. Stuart Stamper has come alive for Knott Central and has 11 points in the second half.
LCA, led by Grant Sparks’ 16 points, is ahead 50-42 going into the fourth quarter. Tate Cox has 12 points for Knott Central.
Lexington Christian came into the Republic Bank Classic winless after four games, but the Eagles lead Knott County Central 28-23 at halftime. Grant Sparks has 10 points to lead LCA. Tate Cox and Braxton Ratliff have 7 points apiece for Knott Central. The teams are a combined 2-for-16 on three-pointers.
Good Bye Rivals. :igiveup: Perry county fans will never let it down that KCC lost to a team they beat. Smile

Good win Lex. Christian.
ok, first off.. Congrats Lexington Christian
Next, this was probably the worst game kcc has ever played.
Stuart hurt his ankle at South Laurel and it is still bothering him. Anyone who watched the game could have seen that. Everyone was not playing to their ability.. but every team has those days where they are not playing well. I'm not trying to make excuses. Just stating the facts.
but i dont think that every KCC fan thought that we were unbeatable.
Good luck tomorrow against Boone Co.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:ok, first off.. Congrats Lexington Christian
Next, this was probably the worst game kcc has ever played.
Stuart hurt his ankle at South Laurel and it is still bothering him. Anyone who watched the game could have seen that. Everyone was not playing to their ability.. but every team has those days where they are not playing well. I'm not trying to make excuses. Just stating the facts.
but i dont think that every KCC fan thought that we were unbeatable.

OIC excuses are facts NOW......does that mean we can also say that Josh Whitaker's ankle could have had something to do with Hazard's loss to KCC.
House Wrote:OIC excuses are facts NOW......does that mean we can also say that Josh Whitaker's ankle could have had something to do with Hazard's loss to KCC.

Well, was he limping on and off the court? I dont think so. Say whatever you want a win is a win, and we knott countians know how to take a loss, and that wasnt an excuse it was a fact. Like I said before, Congrats Lexington Christian.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:Well, was he limping on and off the court? I dont think so. Say whatever you want a win is a win, and we knott countians know how to take a loss, and that wasnt an excuse it was a fact. Like I said before, Congrats Lexington Christian.

whatever
Good luck tomorrow patriots
Nice win for LCA
Oh no, KCC lost!!
Knott Co. Central 14 9 19 14 56

Lexington Christian 15 13 22 19 69

Republic Bank Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic
Knott Co. Central (8-2) -- Stamper 14, Cox 13, Ratliff 11, Davis 10, Caudill 5, Amburgey 3.
Lexington Christian (1-4) -- Sparks 19, Evans 13, Barnette 12, Burdette 6, Helton 6, Heilig 5, Staton 2, Stephens 2, Gullett 2, Cherry 2.
queen360 Wrote:I think Perry will beat Knott by atleast 10 when they play..but good win for LCA
You will get beat tonight, So KCC had a bad game, so will you. See you in t6he OLD gym

uk96

Stardust Wrote:Knott Co. Central 14 9 19 14 56

Lexington Christian 15 13 22 19 69

Republic Bank Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic
Knott Co. Central (8-2) -- Stamper 14, Cox 13, Ratliff 11, Davis 10, Caudill 5, Amburgey 3.
Lexington Christian (1-4) -- Sparks 19, Evans 13, Barnette 12, Burdette 6, Helton 6, Heilig 5, Staton 2, Stephens 2, Gullett 2, Cherry 2.

Good balanced scoring by Knott...Freshman guard Davis had 10..Good game from him..8-2 is a good record against some good competition...The 14th will be very competitive this year for sure....
Pages: 1 2