Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: CBA and ABA merger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While looking at these two leagues and the drop off of teams in the CBA could we soon see a merger of the two? They have now consolidated schedule while keeping their respectave league names. However, the CBA is now down to what 4 or 5 team? So my question to you what would you think of this, and what would be the pros and cons? Do you think the miners would stay in EKY?
I dont see why they would leave EKY if there was a merger.
I think the biggest con for this is the fact the NBA has the D-League up and running. If im not mistaken some CBA teams have jumped to the D-League. If I was an owner of a CBA or ABA team I'd try to see if I couldnt join the D-League instead.
Wouldn't it be interesting if the Miners' moved to D-league. I think it would raise attendance because they would be affiliated with the NBA.
Jshort5 Wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if the Miners' moved to D-league. I think it would raise attendance because they would be affiliated with the NBA.
Hopefully they wouldnt leave here though.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Hopefully they wouldnt leave here though.

Yeah, hopefully.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I dont see why they would leave EKY if there was a merger.

i didnt think they would but was wanting your alls feed back.

Also the remark of the D league I agree that is the main problem but we shall see what happens. I do believe joining the D league could improve profit ALOT. If they have a great season and win the league we may just see that happen. This whole thing remind me of soccer in Europe. You have several diffrent leagues and teams can either climb or drop throughout a season. We may see that between the D league and CBA/ABA if there is a merger.