Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Well, It's Dance Season Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are the dance teams lookin' this season?

Big Grin
the LCC dance team is awesome.
Prestonsburg is by far a top team in the NATION! We're really good!
I'm certainly not taking away from Prestonsburg, but I know that LCC dancers are national champions. They won at Jamfest with a bid 2 the US nationals.
thebomb Wrote:I'm certainly not taking away from Prestonsburg, but I know that LCC dancers are national champions. They won at Jamfest with a bid 2 the US nationals.

are they going?
Im not sure.
I dont think the coach has made up her mind yet.
i think phelps might go.
they haven't decided yet.
I'd LOVE to see some EKY dance teams go!
When and where is the regional dance competition this year?
The regional competition was held today at Magoffin County. The top 2 finishers in each division were awarded bids to the state competition at Belleramine University in Feb. I attented the competition and felt the competition was judged fairly and if I were a judge I would have judged it the exact same way. I felt that Prestonsburg pom was very clean but it wasn't as hard or as fast as Magoffins. In jazz I thought it would be close between Prestonsburg and Magoffin but I think it came down to PHS having better technique. PHS hands down deserved hip hop and open. MCHS hip hop would be better suited in the jazz or open category. There was no hip hop in it and PHS was a true hip hop routine. Shelby Valleys open routine was a straight high kick routine and it is very hard to compare a kick routine to a variety routine with all styles in it like PHS. I was also very impressed with the schools who have 1st year dance teams. I give props to Sheldon Clark and Betsy Layne. If these teams keep up the hard work they should be really good in the next few years. The results are as follows

Pom
1st Magoffin County
2nd Prestonsburg

Jazz
1st Prestonsburg
2nd Magoffin

Hip Hop
1st Prestonsburg
2nd Magoffin

Open
1st Prestonsburg
2nd Shelby Valley

Grand Champions
Magoffin
I didn't quite understand how Magoffin was Grand Champions, even though I know it was because of their score in Pom. I figured it would come down to the team with the most 1st places. Magoffin was very good, and I agree their hip hop would have been better in the Open category.
Congrats Magoffin
smokey.blue Wrote:I didn't quite understand how Magoffin was Grand Champions, even though I know it was because of their score in Pom. I figured it would come down to the team with the most 1st places. Magoffin was very good, and I agree their hip hop would have been better in the Open category.
Cause they took the top 2 score out of the dances of each school. With Magoffin pom score they scored 8 more points they Prestonburg and Prestonburg beat magoffin by 1 point in the other dance