Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tate Cox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you think he got enough recognition at JBS with Clark Stepp there...IMO i think he was better than Clark Stepp..Whats everyones opinions?
king360 Wrote:Do you think he got enough recognition at JBS with Clark Stepp there...IMO i think he was better than Clark Stepp..Whats everyones opinions?

I think both are very good players.. and are better at different things.. only thing about stepp is he forces some of his shots..
Yeah i always thought that too..i think Tate is an all around better player..hes more clutch than Stepp was..No Doubt
king360 Wrote:Do you think he got enough recognition at JBS with Clark Stepp there...IMO i think he was better than Clark Stepp..Whats everyones opinions?

for once we agree! This is scary.. j/k lol Big Grin
PATS2011 Wrote:for once we agree! This is scary.. j/k lol Big Grin

lol

My opinion is that you are 100% right on that one!
both are really good players very dangerous when they worked together. would have liked to see tate run the point more at jbs and let the taller clark move to the 2 spot. tate imo has a better feel for the point gaurd position than stepp and it would also have even opened up the floor for stepp to shoot more than he did. both very good kids though.
Well im sure most will disagree with me one this one but ive played agianst them a lot and my personal opinion is that stepp was a better player.
Im not taking anything away from cox he is a awsome player in his own right but I personally just think stepp was better.
I'm really not understanding how this thread is relevant at all! This is pointless. This is just a way to try and take down Clark Stepp, and he doesn't even play high school basketball anymore. Yes, Tate Cox is a good player, but Stepp should have nothing to do with this thread.
Just some FYI on Clark at Austin Peay

http://www.apsugovernors.com/fls/16900/s...amcume.htm
jolly rancher Wrote:Well im sure most will disagree with me one this one but ive played agianst them a lot and my personal opinion is that stepp was a better player.
Im not taking anything away from cox he is a awsome player in his own right but I personally just think stepp was better.

i agree stepp was better in some areas as was tate. they both had their strong suits stepp overall might have been better because he was stronger and could fight his way throgh more things than tate could. i also want to give stepp credit for playing the way he did with all the stuff he had to put up with from everybody. both great people to know
[GV][/GV]

I agree with you for once, Tate was a step ahead of him.
what does it matter, clark doesn't even play highschool anymore, but tate was def. the better shooter. clark maybe was better off the dribble to the goal.

what about tate and stamper? cox has been carrying the load so far.
king360 Wrote:Yeah i always thought that too..i think Tate is an all around better player..hes more clutch than Stepp was..No Doubt

I don't know if Tate is more clutch than Clark. Tate kind of disappeared at Rupp and seemed overwhelmed by the moment. Clark seemed like he believed he belonged there. But Tate is a great player and I'm sure has matured since that time.
I think they compliement each other well.
I think that Cox can shoot better but Stepp can handle the ball better.
I just dont think College coaches will give Cox a chance because he is to short.

uk96

Tate will surely play college ball at some level. Time will tell what level that is. He should look at going to a smaller college and get to play rather than going somewhere just because it is bigger and set on the bench for 2 or 3 years before getting any playing time. Dont worry about what other people think and just go somewhere that you get to play the game you love to play. I see too many kids try to play at a level that is above their talent and they usually fail and go back down to a smaller level later or just stay and dont get to play....I think Justin Hicks is a good example. He could have played at a little higher level but chose to attend Pikeville and has started and had fun for his first two years. Smart move on his part....
RavenBoy Wrote:I think that Cox can shoot better but Stepp can handle the ball better.
I just dont think College coaches will give Cox a chance because he is to short.

What is his height?

uk96

Stardust Wrote:What is his height?
He is a probably a little less than 6ft or close to it. Size will not hurt him in my opinion because he is one of those special talents that comes around rarely....He could possibly play D1 ball but may be content to play at a smaller school. Georgetown has 4 or 5 ex D1 players on their team and they offered Tate a scholarship in the 8th grade. Good luck to him on whatever he chooses to do....
Tate Cox is as good a high school guard as I've seen in a long time!

I would rank him with some of the best I've ever seen in Eastern Ky --- JMO!
The Sniper Wrote:Tate Cox is as good a high school guard as I've seen in a long time!

I agree.
this thread was done to death LAST YEAR
sacbunt Wrote:Just some FYI on Clark at Austin Peay

Good link. About what I expected.
Tate is a very sound ballplayer. Must have had some good coaching when he was younger.
uk96 Wrote:He is a probably a little less than 6ft or close to it. Size will not hurt him in my opinion because he is one of those special talents that comes around rarely....He could possibly play D1 ball but may be content to play at a smaller school. Georgetown has 4 or 5 ex D1 players on their team and they offered Tate a scholarship in the 8th grade. Good luck to him on whatever he chooses to do....

If he is looking more towards D-1 size will hurt him i think
Does he have any D1 offers?
The Sniper Wrote:Tate Cox is as good a high school guard as I've seen in a long time!

I totally agree. I have watched basketball here in KY for over 30 years and he is one of the best I have seen. His greatest strength is his basketball IQ, as fas as Clark went he was very overrated. He was the centerpiece and complete focus of a team and a coaching staff which build a whole school around him to make him shine. Give the same treatment to Tate and he would be unstoppable. Tate was a sophomore at Rupp and was following directions to let Clark have every oppurtunity.
sacbunt Wrote:Just some FYI on Clark at Austin Peay

http://www.apsugovernors.com/ViewArticle...EASON=2008
and heres another...........
triplemaniaman Wrote:http://www.apsugovernors.com/ViewArticle...EASON=2008
and heres another...........
Now there's a real Clark Stepp fan
I couldn't get the site to work?
Pages: 1 2