Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 77 - Lee County 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final...
Congrats Panthers!
Congrats Pikeville. Lee Co. you are better than this.
WHAT IS GOING ON lEE cO?
Condolences go out to Aaron Charles, who had a grandfather to pass away last Thursday.
Pike a pretty good defensive team and in good shape. When they shoot well they can play with anyone.
Pikeville is a prime example of a young, inexperienced team trying to find its way. They beat JBS, who was runner-up for the championship at JCHS. Two of the worst games ever played, then come back to beat Lee Co by a huge score. Whenever the answer comes, the PANTHERS could be an upset looking to happen. The coaches need to step up as well as the players to get to this next stage in their program. The Answer is there.
ARC Wrote:Condolences go out to Aaron Charles, who had a grandfather to pass away last Thursday.
I'm sorry Aaron - I wish you and your family emotional healing and lean on each other.
Congrats to Pikeville, looks like they found their shot for this game.
Clevenger had 27 in a very much needed win for the panthers this team is very young and could make some noise if they get it together.
I agree hoopsteacher they needed a win they played with some heart on defence and clevenger made good decisons with the ball.
I've been trying to find out some team stats for the year on the Panthers. Does anyone have anything? I'm wandering how well they are shooting the three ball so far.
SportsKing Wrote:I've been trying to find out some team stats for the year on the Panthers. Does anyone have anything? I'm wandering how well they are shooting the three ball so far.
They are not shooting the three very well at all. In their losses their 3 point percentage is horrifying.
What is Pikeville's record now?
Hondo Wrote:What is Pikeville's record now?
4-4
Pikeville needs to work on a defense for inside play of other teams, use screens and back picks to free shooters, use automatic keys for offensive plays of other teams, and to use better shot selections. Maybe by tournament time, this team will be ready to give its best.
A game against Jenkins could improve Pikeville's 3 point shooting percentage...
ARC Wrote:Condolences go out to Aaron Charles, who had a grandfather to pass away last Thursday.
Sorry to hear about Charles' grandfather. It's very difficult for a young man to concentrate on a basketball game with such an emotional time in his life.
Aaron is a great player, and Lee County is a better team than this score indicates.
Aaron was with his family at the funeral and missed the pikeville game.
My condolences to Aaron and the entire Lee Co. team. I know these boys are like family to each other. Lee Co. will be playing better by the time the All A rolls around.
BlueSky Wrote:Pike a pretty good defensive team and in good shape. When they shoot well they can play with anyone.

Blue Sky you are correct. Pikeville is better than the record indicates.
Congrats Pikeville, very solid victory.
IMO! if Charles plays for Lee against Pikeville, and Lee actually plays there starting players then they will win this game in the future and i am very sorry to hear about Aarons Grandfather hope the best for him.
How long has Lee County had its current head coach?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:A game against Jenkins could improve Pikeville's 3 point shooting percentage...

Any team should improve their stats against Jenkins, good luck Panthers.
What was Lee County's record coming into this game?
SportsKing Wrote:Any team should improve their stats against Jenkins, good luck Panthers.

Right, we'll just have to see. Jenkins isn't too bad with three's themselves.