Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2009 Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've all talked about it solets do the democratic thing and vote on it!
Lcc!
I think Estill and LCC may turn out to be the favorites by the end of the season, but Hazard could surprise some people as well as PCC. Hazard has a lot of people that could really make an impact on the region this year, and PCC has one of, if not the best player in the region in Brandon. I think it will turn out to be a great tournament by the end of the year.
The 14th is always so even, alot of teams could win on any given night.
Kyboy13 Wrote:The 14th is always so even, alot of teams could win on any given night.

i agree it could be any one of a number of teams depending on who is pitching. nobody has seen anyone play this year if im not mistaken so there is no outright favorite imo
baseballfan24 Wrote:i agree it could be any one of a number of teams depending on who is pitching. nobody has seen anyone play this year if im not mistaken so there is no outright favorite imo

No there is not but you can look at a team and what they have coming back and figure out that if they have 3 good pitchers that can compete with any team in the region then they have a shot at winning it. Estill and LCC stand out in people's minds as having this so that is why people give them the favorite nod as of right now.
#1-7 should be competitive with each other day in and day out, depending who is on the hill (and who's ready to play) determining the outcome.
1. PCC - lost only one starter, from regional runner-up team that lost 4-3 in the finals. Picked up pitcher from Jackson City.
2. Estill - Freeman and Bendedict are back, Clowers is a nice #2, defending CHAMPS
3. LCC - lost only one starter, lost by one to PCC in first round of region
4. Hazard - lost only one starter, reached S.F. before losing to Estill
5. Breathitt - lost one starter, Creech is back, beat Powell, Hazard, & LCC during '08 season
6. Lee - lost Drake to graduation, everyone else is back from a team that upset Powell in district and reached S.F.
7. Knott - this is where JBS would have been if players had returned, new coach, new work ethic
8. Powell - great freshman class, could be a conetender by May. With Dotson on the mound could possibly beat #1-7.
9. Leslie - with Morgan on the hill could upset some people
10. Jackson - back to back 55th dist. champs, lost 8th grade pitcher to PCC or they'd be higher
rawlingsfan Wrote:#1-7 should be competitive with each other day in and day out, depending who is on the hill (and who's ready to play) determining the outcome.
1. PCC - lost only one starter, from regional runner-up team that lost 4-3 in the finals. Picked up pitcher from Jackson City.
2. Estill - Freeman and Bendedict are back, Clowers is a nice #2, defending CHAMPS
5. Breathitt - lost one starter, Creech is back, beat Powell, Hazard, & LCC during '08 season
6. Lee - lost Drake to graduation, everyone else is back from a team that upset Powell in district and reached S.F.
7. Knott - this is where JBS would have been if players had returned, new coach, new work ethic
8. Powell - great freshman class, could be a conetender by May. With Dotson on the mound could possibly beat #1-7.
10. Jackson - back to back 55th dist. champs, lost 8th grade pitcher to PCC or they'd be higher

Not bad.
rawlingsfan Wrote:#1-7 should be competitive with each other day in and day out, depending who is on the hill (and who's ready to play) determining the outcome.

How good is he to make them jump a couple spots forward?
catsfan08 Wrote:How good is he to make them jump a couple spots forward?

He was good enough to beat Breathitt Co. in the district finals a year ago. Who do the Tigers have that will be good enough to beat a Breathitt team that returns everyone?

Sounds good but I would move PCC to 3 and leave the rest...........PCC has the offense but I think there rotation's not where it needs to be........or atleast it wasn't last year. Also I think there weak defensively on the corners. Amis at third had at least one error all 6 games I watched them play........But I'm sure they've all improved.........It's really gonna be a great season this year I can't wait!
Looks like LCC is where they belong at the top!
Lcc!
Its a big toss up, especially between Estill and Letcher Central.....
Im gonna take LCC.
Perry Central.
Perry Central.
Letcher Central
Lcc
estill co.
I'm gonna take LCC.

Coach Dean really knows how to get those boys going!
LCC is gonna be loaded and are very well coached. Look for them to be on top all season!!!!!!!
i like PCC
I like Perry Central was runner up last year. Only lost one they should be tough.
kymom Wrote:I like Perry Central was runner up last year. Only lost one they should be tough.

Your right, Didnt they also gain a pitcher from Jackson City?
No way PCC should be above Estill...
MVP2 Wrote:Your right, Didnt they also gain a pitcher from Jackson City?

Boggs stands 6'2" 200 pounds Breathitt last year in the Dist 3 to 1. I think he had 8 ko threw the whole game. What i hear he is Throwing in the mid to upper 70. just a freshmen this year. The ball has alot movement. Not that fast but has good control. Also heared that he threw a no hitter last year. Dont know you it was against. At a 8 th grader that is good no matter who it was.
Also heard he put one out of the ballpark to. Heard it was around 325 to 350. The coach told me that he had Hazard beat in the All A . Hazard put in there Ace meehan are something like that. Jackson lost 4 to 3. Sounds like a player to me. May be wrong JMO
1 Letcher Central
2 Estill County
3 Perry Central
4 Hazard
5 Breathitt County
To me its all about the pitching match-ups..........any given night LCC, PCC, or Estill can win any game.....IMO I take LCC with the leadership Coach Dean to win the region
LCC AND Estill co in the finals. Cougars bring back the 14th region to Ermine.
Pages: 1 2