Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central leads way with 11 players for the ADI all Area Large School teams.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another special season for Johnson Central football is reflected on the 2008 Large School All-Area Team.

The Golden Eagles landed 11 players on the squad selected by area Class 4A and 5A coaches.

Additionally, Johnson Central had the top vote-getters for Player of the Year (Chase Richardson) and Coach of the Year (Jim Matney).

Richardson, a senior, rushed for 2,039 yards by averaging 12 per carry. He also led the team in tackles from his linebacker position as the Golden Eagles won 11 games and reached the 5A quarterfinals.

“I thought one of the biggest things was that every time he went head to head with some of the other big names, Chase consistently outplayed them,’’ Matney said.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...30907.html

I want to take this time and congrats to Ben Preston of Lawrence Co for making the all area large school team.
Big congrats go out to Chase and Coach Matney. They both had a heck of a season. No matter the competition Chase always done an outstanding job. If he decides to play at the next level I wish him all the best. Congrats to the other Eagles that received this honor, as well as all the other players that were mentioned. Hard work and dedication led you to this point and hopefully the lessons learned from playing the game will stay with you in your future endevors.
Congrats to little Darrell Cross of RC, great season for a sophomore, and he only played like 6 or 7 games.

By far will be the best player in eastern Kentucky in 2010
The Iceboxx Wrote:Congrats to little Darrell Cross of RC, great season for a sophomore, and he only played like 6 or 7 games.

By far will be the best player in eastern Kentucky in 2010

Congrats to that young man as well. To say he will be the best player by far in EKY in 2010 is a little far fetched. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that honor will go to another JC kid named Tanner Bratton. I don't go to JC nor did I graduate from there, so there is no "homer" in my decision. Tanner has the size, speed, and the killer mentallity that it takes to make it at the next level for his position(LB/FB) and he is also just a Sophomore. If he can add about 10-15 pounds on his frame and keep his speed/mobility there is no doubt in my mind that he will play D1 for a FBS or FCS team.
I hope he works hard, and it pays off for him.
Darrell Cross is still one of the top soph in the entire state, i believe he was on several state runner up teams in track his freshman year, starts for the vasity BBALL team, and will have a great career at RC, and at a Major School in college.
DALE Wrote:Big congrats go out to Chase and Coach Matney. They both had a heck of a season. No matter the competition Chase always done an outstanding job. If he decides to play at the next level I wish him all the best. Congrats to the other Eagles that received this honor, as well as all the other players that were mentioned. Hard work and dedication led you to this point and hopefully the lessons learned from playing the game will stay with you in your future endevors.

Very proud of Chase; he is an awesome young man!
darrel cross from rowan is a phenominal athlete..........coach brown has the vikings going in the right direction.