Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Pep Club in the 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts?? I think KCC has the best. They go to every big game whether it be away or at home and usually have bigger numbers than the home team! Plus they know when to draw the line.... unlike some...
Well of course it is Knott County. You have the best gym, the best pep nickname, the best football field...why noone else is even close.

Honestly, Knott does have a pretty good pep club. I haven't seen them all in the 14th region so I can't say who is best or not. Do you all go to all games, both girls and boys? Football?

But exactly what line do you not cross? I am curious where you think that line is?
lil2coupe Wrote:Well of course it is Knott County. You have the best gym, the best pep nickname, the best football field...why noone else is even close.

Honestly, Knott does have a pretty good pep club. I haven't seen them all in the 14th region so I can't say who is best or not. Do you all go to all games, both girls and boys? Football?

But exactly what line do you not cross? I am curious where you think that line is?

If you were at the HHS vs. KCC game last night, then you would know the line of which I was speaking of, the very one that HHS crossed, flipping off our fans... harsh verbal abuse of players on the court, and some other unmentionable things... let's just say that the cops had to get on them twice.

Our guidelines for our pep club are every home game, every away district game, and every "highly anticipated" region game, such as KCC vs. HHS. We also go to every close tournament, such as the WYMT mtn classic, which I expect we will attend. During march, we attend every game of District and Region tournaments.
If that is the case then it is very classless for Hazard. No reason to let things go that far. Totally classless.

I would rather the pep club cheer for our team and not cross the line of taunting or being unsportsmanlike toward the other team. It should be fun for the students but not vulgar or unsportsmanlike. And stay within the boundaries/guidelines established by the KHSAA.

Where did you all play Hazard? Did you outnumber them?

Keep up your school spirit/pride...and always be classy!
lil2coupe Wrote:If that is the case then it is very classless for Hazard. No reason to let things go that far. Totally classless.

I would rather the pep club cheer for our team and not cross the line of taunting or being unsportsmanlike toward the other team. It should be fun for the students but not vulgar or unsportsmanlike. And stay within the boundaries/guidelines established by the KHSAA.

Where did you all play Hazard? Did you outnumber them?

Keep up your school spirit/pride...and always be classy!

We played Hazard at Memorial, and came out with a W. As far as numbers go..KCC outnumbered Hazard in fans and pep club members.

uk96

Even though I think that Hazard sometimes crosses the line with what they say and such they are in my opinion by far the best pep section. You hate them when your favorite team plays against them but they are funny when it is a game you dont care about. They are the most creative in the way the dress and over the years they have come up with a bunch of creations such as Blue Brothers, MIMES, and a bunch more. They sometimes take it too far but they really seem to make a difference for their team. They really prepare for the team they are playing and find out the dirt on opposing players.
However, Knott County probably got the best of the two this week when they had the best chants and name calling. Maybe we have a new sheriff in town for this year.
I have a feeling that these two schools are going to really hate each other before the year is out....
uk96 Wrote:Even though I think that Hazard sometimes crosses the line with what they say and such they are in my opinion by far the best pep section. You hate them when your favorite team plays against them but they are funny when it is a game you dont care about. They are the most creative in the way the dress and over the years they have come up with a bunch of creations such as Blue Brothers, MIMES, and a bunch more. They sometimes take it too far but they really seem to make a difference for their team. They really prepare for the team they are playing and find out the dirt on opposing players.
However, Knott County probably got the best of the two this week when they had the best chants and name calling. Maybe we have a new sheriff in town for this year.
I have a feeling that these two schools are going to really hate each other before the year is out....

lol, forget PCC.... haha. the new thing is Hazard and KCC hahahha.

I do admit that Hazard is very creative with what they do.... but there is NO excuse for what they did last night (I'm not even telling you all of it). HHS admins need to calm their pep club down or else they will get their school into real trouble before its over, unless they were already reported for what happened last night (which I'm pretty sure they were).
I'll tell you what Hazard did. They held up a sign with a phone number on it and the KCC parents came and told the cops and they took the sign away. The only reason the cops didn't go to the KCC fans was because none of the Hazard parents ran to the police and complained about them. And I thought it was pretty classless of one of the KCC players yelling at our pep section every time he came down on that end. I thought the players were supposed to ignore everything and concentrate on the game. And Knott didn't have any more fans there than Hazard did...Hazard's were on one side of the tunnel, on the long side and on one end, Knott's pep section was on one side of the tunnel and the fans were all on one side. And the only reason Knott had more students in the pep section was because Hazard's girls were playing at a tournament in Letcher County at the same time and some people were there supporting them.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I'll tell you what Hazard did. They held up a sign a with a phone number on it and the KCC parents came and told the cops and they took the sign away. The only reason the cops didn't go to the KCC fans was because none of the Hazard parents ran to the police and complained about them. And I thought it was pretty classless of one of the KCC players yelling at our pep section every time he came down on that end. I thought the players were supposed to ignore everything and concentrate on the game. And Knott didn't have any more fans there than Hazard did...Hazard's were on one side of the tunnel, on the long side and on one end, Knott's pep section was on one side of the tunnel and the fans were all on one side. And the only reason Knott had more students in the pep section was because Hazard's girls were playing at a tournament in Letcher County at the same time and some people were there supporting them.

whatever you say.....lol. I'm sure they just yelled at them for no reason..I'm positive Hazard didn't say anything to our players... 100%....hahahahahahha and like our pep section was being classless, at least we have the class to not flip people off every time something doesn't go our way.... real mature guys real mature. and what was there to complain about KCC's pep section??? Is there a rule in memorial gym that the guest team can't have a better or bigger pep club than you guys???

Plus they should have took the sign away, HHS had no business holding that sign up displaying that at all.
PATS2011 Wrote:whatever you say.....lol. I'm sure they just yelled at them for no reason..I'm positive Hazard didn't say anything to our players... 100%....hahahahahahha and like our pep section was being classless, at least we have the class to not flip people off every time something doesn't go our way.... real mature guys real mature. and what was there to complain about KCC's pep section??? Is there a rule in memorial gym that the guest team can't have a better or bigger pep club than you guys???

Plus they should have took the sign away, HHS had no business holding that sign up displaying that at all.

Are you even old enough to be in high school? "Our pep section is bigger than yours...na na na na na". You all won 1 game by 2 points and you act like you just won the state tournament. You all must not be used to winning many games.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Are you even old enough to be in high school? "Our pep section is bigger than yours...na na na na na". You all won 1 game by 2 points and you act like you just won the state tournament. You all must not be used to winning many games.

lol
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Are you even old enough to be in high school? "Our pep section is bigger than yours...na na na na na". You all won 1 game by 2 points and you act like you just won the state tournament. You all must not be used to winning many games.

This has nothing to do with the game, just the pep section. Stay on topic.. and yes we are used to winning games thank you very much.... we are 6-0... what is your record???? And yes I am old enough to be in high school.... hello... class of 2011..... do the math.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I'll tell you what Hazard did. They held up a sign with a phone number on it and the KCC parents came and told the cops and they took the sign away. The only reason the cops didn't go to the KCC fans was because none of the Hazard parents ran to the police and complained about them. And I thought it was pretty classless of one of the KCC players yelling at our pep section every time he came down on that end. I thought the players were supposed to ignore everything and concentrate on the game. And Knott didn't have any more fans there than Hazard did...Hazard's were on one side of the tunnel, on the long side and on one end, Knott's pep section was on one side of the tunnel and the fans were all on one side. And the only reason Knott had more students in the pep section was because Hazard's girls were playing at a tournament in Letcher County at the same time and some people were there supporting them.

you did alot more than just simply hold up a sign with a number on it. tell the whole story, you held up a sign with the cell phone number of one of kcc's boys girlfriend. and said yea, we've got it too. yupp, that shows so much class. every school in the state should follow your example. and i'm sure that hazards pep section didn't say a word to any of our boys. just cause their so classy. get real. Rolleyes
ladypatriot55 Wrote:you did alot more than just simply hold up a sign with a number on it. tell the whole story, you held up a sign with the cell phone number of one of kcc's boys girlfriend. and said yea, we've got it too. yupp, that shows so much class. every school in the state should follow your example. and i'm sure that hazards pep section didn't say a word to any of our boys. just cause their so classy. get real. Rolleyes

yeah, King 360 has so much class considering what he just sent me in a private message... but i won't post it on here because unlike some, I have the class not to.
But c'mon guys let's just get this thread back on topic and quit arguing so this thread doesn't get closed.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:you did alot more than just simply hold up a sign with a number on it. tell the whole story, you held up a sign with the cell phone number of one of kcc's boys girlfriend. and said yea, we've got it too. yupp, that shows so much class. every school in the state should follow your example. and i'm sure that hazards pep section didn't say a word to any of our boys. just cause their so classy. get real. Rolleyes

"I" didn't do anything. I'm not even in Hazard's pep section. I was just telling you what I saw. I saw the sign and didn't have any idea what it even meant...as I'm sure 90% of the people there didn't.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:"I" didn't do anything. I'm not even in Hazard's pep section. I was just telling you what I saw. I saw the sign and didn't have any idea what it even meant...as I'm sure 90% of the people there didn't.
I'm sure most of the KCC people did.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:"I" didn't do anything. I'm not even in Hazard's pep section. I was just telling you what I saw. I saw the sign and didn't have any idea what it even meant...as I'm sure 90% of the people there didn't.

it doesn't matter that 90% of the people there didn't know what it meant. kcc's pep club did, the players did, and most important, the person who was being harassed did. it was totally uncalled for. plain and simple, and now that you know what it meant, then you should agree.
This thread needs to be kept on topic. Talk about the BEST pep section be it yours or whoever, not take jabs at other sections.

Who is YOUR section? Who is the BEST section? What makes it the best? What have they done to show unity to support their team, such as great themes with a lot of participation?

I, nor anyone else here, wants to hear about immature things that you or opposing sections have done. It makes everyone look bad.

Keep it positive and on track or it will be closed.
Why wouldn't KCC have a BIGGER pep section...... they have an enrollment of what about 700 and Hazard maybe 300.
everyone is always hating on hazard......maybe cuz they have only 300 kids and they always do it bigger than everyone else........you have to admit the whole sign thing at the Knott game was very smart.....reguardless of who it embarrassed.......hazards pep section does the crazyest stuff i've ever seen....no one can match their spirit........you could bring in 1000 students and hazards pep sec. would still make them look bad.....no one has the guts to say or act how those kids do.....you can say its classless but they get the job done!!!! Thanks students of the hazard pep club......we enjoy your work and keep it coming!!!!!!!!!
i hear LCC has a crazy pep section also......go cougars and good luck with your basketball season......with mr. banks you should go all the way!!!
House Wrote:Why wouldn't KCC have a BIGGER pep section...... they have an enrollment of what about 700 and Hazard maybe 300.

that doesnt matter, hazard claims to be the best so you would assume that they would have more fans.
House Wrote:Why wouldn't KCC have a BIGGER pep section...... they have an enrollment of what about 700 and Hazard maybe 300.

ladypatriot55 Wrote:that doesnt matter, hazard claims to be the best so you would assume that they would have more fans.

I obviously don't go to either school, but assuming that Hazard appears to have less students it would make sense to me that their fan base is smaller. Saying they should have more fans would be like saying Estill County should have more fans at a football game than St. X or Trinity.

uk96

Estillfootballgirl Wrote:I obviously don't go to either school, but assuming that Hazard appears to have less students it would make sense to me that their fan base is smaller. Saying they should have more fans would be like saying Estill County should have more fans at a football game than St. X or Trinity.

Hazard has always had a huge fan base partly because they are always competitive and come out in full force when it is a game against certain schools. Knott has been down somewhat over the last few years but has made a strong comeback and they will come out in full force this year for sure. This will be a battle on the floor and in the stands when these two meet again....
I'm from Knott County, and a Knott County fan, but some KCC fans kill me.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:it doesn't matter that 90% of the people there didn't know what it meant. kcc's pep club did, the players did, and most important, the person who was being harassed did. it was totally uncalled for. plain and simple, and now that you know what it meant, then you should agree.

this isn't a political debate forum its about pep sections and sports not who is getting harassed. who cares about that this is a place to talk sports.
I think the sign was funny, But then Hazard lost..hahah..:beerwez:
gradfan7 Wrote:everyone is always hating on hazard......maybe cuz they have only 300 kids and they always do it bigger than everyone else........you have to admit the whole sign thing at the Knott game was very smart.....reguardless of who it embarrassed.......hazards pep section does the crazyest stuff i've ever seen....no one can match their spirit........you could bring in 1000 students and hazards pep sec. would still make them look bad.....no one has the guts to say or act how those kids do.....you can say its classless but they get the job done!!!! Thanks students of the hazard pep club......we enjoy your work and keep it coming!!!!!!!!!
That still doesn't mean that HHS admins should condone their actions. It's extremely rude and inappropriate.

KCC has a very supportive fan base and has had one for the last few years. We support our PATS 100%!