Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joe Beder To Remain As KCC Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reconsidering his resignation Joe Beder has returned as Head Football Coach of the Knott County Patriots. Beder was officially rehired today (Friday Dec 19). Welcome home Coach!
killerb Wrote:After reconsidering his resignation Joe Beder has returned as Head Football Coach of the Knott County Patriots. Beder was officially rehired today (Friday Dec 19). Welcome home Coach!

I am glad for KCC they got him back because i believe he was making a good turn around over there at KCC. I figured beder was looking at North Laurel for a job because i believe they suit its style of football play.
I am happy he stayed. It would have been weird if he had left. lol
I hope he can turn the program around before my kids get old enough to play for the Patriots, but it will be a rough road as he has already found out.....To change turn the football program around in Knott County, the work ethic needs to change with the players.....I am not talking about during the season, but off-season training and study(Football). The players work hard during the season, and in the couple of months in the summer getting ready for the season, but they are not studying film as they should or keeping themselves fit in the other parts of the year....Good luck to the Patriots and Coach Beder....
I really think KCC needs their basketball players to play football,cause they are like most mountian schools they are so few Athletes and have too have them play most all sports.Glad he is staying also,he is a great person also!!!
like it matters there not gonna win probably a few games anyways so what a waste of time
Csportsman11 Wrote:I really think KCC needs their basketball players to play football,cause they are like most mountian schools they are so few Athletes and have too have them play most all sports.Glad he is staying also,he is a great person also!!!

I think this is a very good point. I know a lot of people worry about getting hurt and not being able to compete in basketball. Far more time than not I've seen football help kids that are basketball players rather than hurt them. They become more physical and I think most importantly they become more of a team player. I think that if more of the basketball kids would come out not only would they enjoy it but it would pay off on the court in the long run.
The biggest problem at KCC i think is the same one we had at PCC 3 years ago for my junior year we were horrible..lol..and no one wanted to play on a horrible team..so we couldnt get kids out but my senior year we turned it around and had kids wanting to start playing in the middle of the season..so if Knott can have one or two good years that would help start getting more kids out and making the team better..thats just what i think
Good luck Joe Beder.
Glad to see coach Beder staying in Knott. He is really trying to start a program and not just a football team each year.