Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tickets to UK Big Blue Madness!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Go here to bid on them. There are 4 tickets available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kentucky-Wildcats-Bi...dZViewItem
It's a shame to sell tickets to a free event. Not only that, it's illegal in Kentucky.

Sad
The event is sold out and we have extras, why should we give the tickets away for free when we spent time and effort in acquiring them?
It's also not illegal:

Kentucky state law limits the resale ticket price for this event location.
This means that bidding will end when the price reaches $80.00
I notice the ticket policy disclaimer says:
"Bidders: Kentucky state law limits the resale ticket price for this event location.
This means that bidding will end when the price reaches $80.00. See eBay's ticket policy."

But I can't figure out where the $80 comes from. For tickets bought via Ticketmaster with ticketfast, the entire purchase comes to $9.50. And that's all service fees.

Which brings me to:

"Kentucky Ticket Regulations

Kentucky restricts its residents (sellers) from receiving higher than face value (plus fees) for tickets to events taking place in Kentucky."
Where are you getting your info from?
ComfortEagle Wrote:The event is sold out and we have extras, why should we give the tickets away for free when we spent time and effort in acquiring them?

5 minutes of work is worth $20?
It depends on who wants them, we had to wake up early on a Saturday to purchase them. And are giving people the convenience of not having to do that or wait in line to get them.

They may not be worth it to you, but they could be to someone.
Ebay. When you click on the ticket policy link and select Buyer and Seller.
Face Value Policy
When selling a ticket on eBay for an event taking place in a regulated state, sellers are required to disclose the face value of each ticket (face value includes the price of the ticket and any service charge and tax charged by the original ticket provider that is printed on the ticket). Sellers misrepresenting the face value of their tickets may have their listing ended, may be permanently suspended from eBay, and may be subject to criminal prosecution.

According to this it means the face value includes the fees. On ticketmaster the fees came out to around $5 for each ticket, making the face value(plus fees) $20.

Therefore, according to the policy, we are disclosing the face value.
Honestly, I'm not picking a fight here although I have seemed a little harsh. But plenty of people have been arrested ouside of Rupp for scalping tickets. You could also lose your ebay privileges if they investigate the auction.
I agree, but it's just the way that I see it, and I'm not even the one selling them on there, it's a buddy of mine, we aren't doing anything illegal as long as we disclose the face value.

And I thought it was ok for scalpers to sell tickets a certain distance from the arena.
If they were $5, then you are justified and I apologize if you are just recouping your losses. However, my charges came to a total of $9.50.

But anyway, the $80 is a little much.
I've heard 2 blocks away, but they were cracking down one game. There were something like 20 people arrested.

And for future reference, this is from the ukathletics.com site:

Scalping: Act 436, 155-Scalping of sports tickets. Any person who sells a ticket to any sporting event at a price in excess of the price appearing on the ticket shall be fined not less than fifty dollars nor more than one hundred dollars.

Scalping (selling a ticket above face value) violates University policy and Kentucky law. Selling or soliciting the sale of a ticket (even at face value) on campus without a permit also violates University policy. Therefore, a violation of these University policies or this Kentucky law may result in your ineligibility to purchase basketball or football tickets in the future even if criminal charges are not filed against you. The Athletic Department reserves the right to declare you ineligible to order future tickets if we receive sufficient evidence that a football or basketball ticket assigned to you was sold for greater than the face value of the ticket.
I'll let him know.

Don't know what he'll do about it.
To beat it all, they're not even good seats.
well i wil be ther at Madness. Sec 17 Row B
I know they're not great seats. But we got better seats, Million Dollar seats and we want to get rid of these.
My tickets are Section 15, row CC which is the third row from the floor.