Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ....Funny Basketball Quotes....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Grin What is the funniest quote, saying, story, etc. you have ever heard from a coach, player or fan?
well my former coach once told us a story about patience.

It goes as follows

their was daddy bull and his son standing on a hill looking down upon a heard of cows. The son says " daddy lets run down there and do us one of them cows". The daddy replied and said son lets walk down there and do them all.

Smile Smile Smile

I give full credit to this story to the great Brian hall
"Well boys we won the first half"....Ashland Gearheart to the Allen Eagles after we lost the 2001 floyd county tournament...
"Boys, lets use this game for practice, lets get out there and enjoy ourselves". "Everyone will get some Playing time tonight" Nick Halbert to the 05 Allen Eagles.
"As long as I play Basketball I can sleep with any woman I want" -Dennis Rodman
"Boys all i know is a 50 pound bag of flour makes a really big biscuit".....Brian Hall's pep talk to the 07-08 bobcats before taking on district rival allen central...
a halftime speech by a asst. coach to be left nameless.

boys your losing to a bunch of fu***** inbreeds

talking about a certian county we were playing
"If he goes to the bath room i want you to tell me how big his **** is"....Gary Keathley
My lil bro told me this one a couple of days ago that the coach told some1 on his team.

"I want you to stick on him all night, Wherever he goes you go! If he goes to the bathroom, you go to the bathroom, If he goes to buy some pop at the consession stand, you go buy some pop at the consession stand" lol, I found that funny at the time
my basketball coach told us:

"boys, never pass up any woman, sleep w/ them all, no matter how ugly. boys, when you get my age they all look good and your gonna regret the ones you turned down, trust me!"
"I want you to stick on him all night, if he goes and takes a p*** you hold it for him, if he takes a s*** you wipe his a** for him"
Has Been Wrote:"Boys all i know is a 50 pound bag of flour makes a really big biscuit".....Brian Hall's pep talk to the 07-08 bobcats before taking on district rival allen central...

haha, one of the betsy layne players was telling me this one last summer. it definitely sounds like something Brian Hall would say. lol
"Boys, making a basketball team is like making a cake , you have to have the right ingredients....We have the ingredients, but right now our cake tastes like ****!" Qoute from Rick Mays, coach of Elliott, several years ago........
Coach- "why can't you guard that guy"
Evarts High School player- "Coach, he wont come over there where I'm at"
JV player- "Why isn't John Doe playing tonight?"
Harlan JV coach- "He has a pulled groin".
JV player- "That's why I don't let nobody get ahold of mine."
Evarts High School Football coach- "suck up every gut you got till your a@@hole quivers"
"Boys i'll play who i want to play if your daddy, mommy, aunt uncle, brother, etc. dont like i'll whip their a** or they'll whip my a**"......none other but Brian Hall..
A coach I once heard commenting on one of his player's defenive abilities:

Well he's improving on the defensive end----he can now guard a pole.
During my junior high days, we had a big heavy kid that stood about a foot taller than everyone else. Every time that he got the ball, he turned to shoot, he would get blocked. The coach kept telling him to fake before he shot. Over and over he would get blocked. Well, he finally got to shoot a foul shot...you guessed it. He faked his foul shot...everyone jumped into the lane and realizing what he had done, we started laughing, including the refs.
Coach - " Mr. Official can you T me up for what I think?"

Official - "No sir."

Coach - "Well I think you @#@#& suck."

Official - Whistle blows "T on Coach"

Coach - " Not only do you #$@%^ suck your a %$#@& liar too."

Offcial - Whistle blows " See you later coach"
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:During my junior high days, we had a big heavy kid that stood about a foot taller than everyone else. Every time that he got the ball, he turned to shoot, he would get blocked. The coach kept telling him to fake before he shot. Over and over he would get blocked. Well, he finally got to shoot a foul shot...you guessed it. He faked his foul shot...everyone jumped into the lane and realizing what he had done, we started laughing, including the refs.

this is possibly the funniest thing i have ever heard!:Clap:
15th region slamdunk Wrote:My lil bro told me this one a couple of days ago that the coach told some1 on his team.

"I want you to stick on him all night, Wherever he goes you go! If he goes to the bathroom, you go to the bathroom, If he goes to buy some pop at the consession stand, you go buy some pop at the consession stand" lol, I found that funny at the time

yeah ive been told this a time or two. lol
after a heated battle between the landon slone lead tigers and the 05 06 bobcats.....in which betsy layne wins on a last second shot....the assistant coach of bl walks to shake the great bill mike runnon's hand and says...."See you f*****s in the region baby!"
"You gotta be able to go to the left and to the right....because if you can go both ways, then you'll never go home alone."
Next see that you have read or heard of the Jimmy v. book. yet, still a good quote in reference the late coach from North Carolina State
BondJamesBond Wrote:Next see that you have read or heard of the Jimmy v. book. yet, still a good quote in reference the late coach from North Carolina State

Read the book, love it.

Bad part is I actually heard a coach use the almost exact line........and I lost itSmile
Brian Hall once said:
"a fifty pound bag of flour makes a big biscuit."
Ellis Johnson, Marshall University Coach, told this story about his recuiting trip to Eastern Kentucky. On a hot July day, he went to see this great player. The paved road turned to gravel, the gravel turned to a deadend with a path up a steep hill. Ellis made the hike to the top of this hill, sweating all the way. When he got to the house, he passed a will with a bucket and ladle on it. An old gent was sitting on the porch, chewing tobacco. He had a full beard with stains and food particles in it. He told Ellis that his son was gone for now, but would be back shortly. Ellis sat on the edge of the porch, the sun beaming down on him all the time. Ellis asked if he could get a drink from the well, the old man said ok. Ellis pulled up a fresh bucket of water from the well, took the ladle and drew a drink from the bucket. As he brought the ladle to his mouth, he thought about the old gent's beard. Ellis put the ladle in his right hand; no, most people are right handed; he put the ladle in his left hand; no, 20% of people are lefthanded. Ellis turned the ladle handle straight up and drink from the front. The old gent started to clap his hands and laugh. "You know, you are the only educated person that I have ever seen that drink like I do."
rojas Wrote:Coach- "why can't you guard that guy"
Evarts High School player- "Coach, he wont come over there where I'm at"
I like that one !!
"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." - Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice