Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Howard eligable at JBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jon Howard is officially eligible at JBS. Good news for Coach Cook. This definatley helps the crusaders and i know see them as a top 5 team in the region. Congrats Jon.
Yeah, I just seen this on another site also. They are talking like he will make JBS a contender.

uk96

This is huge for JBS. It does put them on a more level playing field as far as talent and depth...
Jon Howard?

uk96

Overrated Wrote:Jon Howard?
Transferred back from Indiana...Was a real good point guard last time I saw him play. He will be huge for this team...
Overrated Wrote:Jon Howard?

Yes, Jon Howard.
Wasn't he a fr. in high school 5 years ago?
Congrats to Jon Howard and JBS!! Glad to see any kid become eligable and get to play ball, because high school flies by and before you know it, it is over!! Good luck!!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Wasn't he a fr. in high school 5 years ago?

Yes
Never heard of this kid? Recent stats? Height? Can the kid play?
This suprises me that he got eligable, but this will help the crusaders out a lot.When I seen them play a few weeks ago they didnt have anyone that could handle the ball that good, he might help them there.Jon is about 5'8 170lbs.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Congrats to Jon Howard and JBS!! Glad to see any kid become eligable and get to play ball, because high school flies by and before you know it, it is over!! Good luck!!

extremely true !!!!
This is the first I've heard of him. Did he used to play around here?
Will he play Saturday aginst Prestonsburg?
How old is this guy? I honestly thought he graduated like two years ago...
House Wrote:This is the first I've heard of him. Did he used to play around here?

He played at JBS a few years back. I think hes a 19 yr Junior.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Wasn't he a fr. in high school 5 years ago?

If he was a freshmen 5 years ago this kid shouldnt be allowed to play. But if he had a medical reason and set out an entire school year i can see the khsaa granting him an extra year of eligiblity.
good luck to jbs
MVP2 Wrote:This suprises me that he got eligable, but this will help the crusaders out a lot.When I seen them play a few weeks ago they didnt have anyone that could handle the ball that good, he might help them there.Jon is about 5'8 170lbs.

he is also an excellent defender.

jbs can really use a ballhandler also.
Good luck to him and JBS
Is there anyone out there with information on this situation that can explain this to me? I'm not trying to say anything negative, but I just don't see how it is possible to get a kid eligible who should have already graduated, if that is the case. It is my understanding that a medical redshirt is only in order, if you have had your ability to get an education impacted. Any type of injury that does not keep you from getting an education whether it be in school or, even, homebound does not warrant an extra year of eligibility.
this will be overturned before friday when the play pikeville
Would love to hear the story behind how he got an extra year of eligibility.
Norm Stewert Wrote:this will be overturned before friday when the play pikeville

how do you know?
Norm Stewert Wrote:this will be overturned before friday when the play pikeville

Nothing is overturned this quick...if the KHSAA does overturn they will definitely complete a lengthy investigation...
Fairly certain he's the same age as Clark Stepp and Tate cox. I don't know anything about his eligibilty. I'm also glad for him being allowed to play. I say let the kids play ball, the current system khsaa has is pathetic. One is allowed to play another isn't. Let them all play when and where they want. Boy wouldn't that keep the coachs lips sore!!!

He may help on defense and gives some depth. JBS will not be a contender this year. Unless something drastic happens. Looks like its between KC and HC. Two good teams.
Congrats on getting eligible!
Jon is a good kid, and a heck of a ball player....a lot of people dont know him because when he was at JBS he played behind both Cox and Stepp..look for him to make an immediate impact...
congrats to Jon on getting eligible, and good luck to him and the rest of the crusaders this season
I might need to retract my statement as of age. I'm not sure how their B-days fall, which determines what grade level they should be in. So ignore my statement, well just ignore me period.
news on howard is he is the correct age and he is just 18, trust me there is a lot older players playing out there right now!! congrats to John and JBS,and there will not be no overturning because there is no case of this.He was never ruled ineligible, he just got granted a semester of eligibility. Good luck John Howard and JBS!
Pages: 1 2