Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 65 - Betsy Layne 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good showing by the Blackcats tonight. They got down by as many as 6 in the first half but rallied back to beat the bobcats by 16. Also a good showing by Micheal Burchett.
If anyone has any stats please post.
Great Play tonight CATS, ON OUR ROAD TO DIST. CHAMPS.
Congrats to pburg.
Great game Blackcats. One step closer to that number one seed in district.
Hail Blackcats!
Great job Blackcats. I was really impressed with the teams defense, and the play of Burchett, he was really on tonight. Any Stats for this game
Way to go Blackcats! Michael Burchett and Jody Tackett had great games. Alex Stumbo really turned it up in the 2nd half with a few buckets and some great defense. Proud of you guys!
Good win by the Blackcats. But in my opinion the Bobcats let a big win slip away. The offense looked terrible in the second half and way too many turnovers. I still think BL is the best in the district they have two senior players still out hopefully they get healthy fast. I think this loss will help make the Bobcats realize what they need to do to be sucessfull in the future.
Guys Pack is Back.. that sums er up
Thorn67 Wrote:Good win by the Blackcats. But in my opinion the Bobcats let a big win slip away. The offense looked terrible in the second half and way too many turnovers. I still think BL is the best in the district they have two senior players still out hopefully they get healthy fast. I think this loss will help make the Bobcats realize what they need to do to be sucessfull in the future.

Ok this shows that even when we turn the ball over alot we can still bet good teams. This also shows that PBURG is the best in the district. IMO
Thorn67 Wrote:Good win by the Blackcats. But in my opinion the Bobcats let a big win slip away. The offense looked terrible in the second half and way too many turnovers. I still think BL is the best in the district they have two senior players still out hopefully they get healthy fast. I think this loss will help make the Bobcats realize what they need to do to be sucessfull in the future.

Betsy Layne is not the best in the district as of right now. Prestonsburg is because their district record is 2-0. Not saying Betsy Layne won't be the best at the end of the year but they are not right now.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks as of now Pburg is (2-0) in the district which is the best in the district and with 11 point win over AC and a 16 point win over BL this team is the best as of now!

IMO the reason Betsy Layne offense slowed down was because of the great press by Prestonsburg. An yea as of right now P-purg is the best in districted with a 2-0 record
Well ive seen them both play. Pburg twice. I am not impressed with either team by any means and no team from this district will compete outside the district, but IMO, Pburg has the district locked up and BL is 2nd, but its a pretty distant second. Congrats on the win pburg and glad to see Burchett have a good game. Best player in the district IMO
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:It doesn't matter what anyone thinks as of now Pburg is (2-0) in the district which is the best in the district and with 11 point win over AC and a 16 point win over BL this team is the best as of now!

Yeah, I think someone already said this.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well ive seen them both play. Pburg twice. I am not impressed with either team by any means and no team from this district will compete outside the district, but IMO, Pburg has the district locked up and BL is 2nd, but its a pretty distant second. Congrats on the win pburg and glad to see Burchett have a good game. Best player in the district IMO

I disagree. I think they can compete with everyone but Shebly Valley.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well ive seen them both play. Pburg twice. I am not impressed with either team by any means and no team from this district will compete outside the district, but IMO, Pburg has the district locked up and BL is 2nd, but its a pretty distant second. Congrats on the win pburg and glad to see Burchett have a good game. Best player in the district IMO

Real good point but i think if Prestonsburg plays up to their abiliuty that they can compete outside district. Well except for SV of course.
As of right now going by record yes pburg is #1 what I was saying is I still think Betsy Layne is the better team they had a sloppy second half which killed them. If BL would have played smart and buckeld down on defense they would have won this game.
Well if your judging by overall talent, Pburg is by far the better team. Michael Burchett is the best player in the district, Jody probably 2nd or 3rd. Steven Patrick has some potential to be a good rebounder and player, and then a couple pretty good role players. The only true player i see on BL's team, is Nathan Martin.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well if your judging by overall talent, Pburg is by far the better team. Michael Burchett is the best player in the district, Jody probably 2nd or 3rd. Steven Patrick has some potential to be a good rebounder and player, and then a couple pretty good role players. The only true player i see on BL's team, is Nathan Martin.

Very true. Nathan Martin is a really good shooter and was left open numerous times. Anyone have his stats?
The reason they played sloppy was cause Pburg played better defense. They are not the better team IMO. Since when is beating a team by 16 not good enough to make them the better team.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:The reason they played sloppy was cause Pburg played better defense. They are not the better team IMO. Since when is beating a team by 16 not good enough to make them the better team.

I really dont know but you would think that it would.
my my my it was a sad night to be a bobcat fan.

the first half the bobcats played great and hats off for that effort.

the second half was awful. they turned the ball over way to much. in a quote from my former coach "boys you have to shoot the ball before you turn it over". they will bounce back from this and be OK though. it will really help to get josh and Adam back.

great game tonight from burchett and tackett by the way
Betsy Layne had no answer for Burchett or Tackett as both got to the basket and knocked down the 3's. I was very impressed with Pburg's defense as they really got in BL's face and it made BL force a lot of bad passes which led to turnovers and easy baskets for the Blackcats. Gearheart & Setser both played really well down low and it seems like Hall & Tincher are gaining confidence, as they both will be very vital down the road.

Prestonsburg is finally playing some basketball!

Congrats Blackcats!
also you have to give coach pack credit for changing defenses in the second half.

the match up zone he went to really shut down the bobcat offense

on a bright note i thought Richie tackett really played with heart tonight if the rest of the team would have fought like he did this game might have turned out different
jolly rancher Wrote:also you have to give coach pack credit for changing defenses in the second half.

the match up zone he went to really shut down the bobcat offense

on a bright note i thought Richie tackett really played with heart tonight if the rest of the team would have fought like he did this game might have turned out different

This is very true. I was impressed with Richie Tackett as well.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Betsy Layne had no answer for Burchett or Tackett as both got to the basket and knocked down the 3's. I was very impressed with Pburg's defense as they really got in BL's face and it made BL force a lot of bad passes which led to turnovers and easy baskets for the Blackcats. Gearheart & Setser both played really well down low and it seems like Hall & Tincher are gaining confidence, as they both will be very vital down the road.

Prestonsburg is finally playing some basketball!

Congrats Blackcats!

Well said, but you are forgetting the teams best defender IMO Alex Stumbo
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Very true. Nathan Martin is a really good shooter and was left open numerous times. Anyone have his stats?

I think nathan had 11 tonight all in the first half

Nathan has a lot of potential he just has to put two halfs together.

not that he has played bad because he hasnt, but it just seems like he has struggled in the second half of games all year

just a sophmore though, hes gonna be a awesome player the next couple of years
jolly rancher Wrote:I think nathan had 11 tonight all in the first half

Nathan has a lot of potential he just has to put two halfs together.

not that he has played bad because he hasnt, but it just seems like he has struggled in the second half of games all year

just a sophmore though, hes gonna be a awesome player the next couple of years

I agree, he looked to be the best player on the floor for Betsy Layne tonight.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree, he looked to be the best player on the floor for Betsy Layne tonight.

IMO he is the best player on BLs team and only being a sophomore he is going to be one of the best in the district in the next few years.
Congrats to the Blackcats on another district win. Betsy Layne looked good in the first half of play, but in the second half Coach Pack switched up defenses and shut down the Betsy Layne offense. Burchett couldn't miss from downtown and Jody Tackett was playing solid once again for Prestonsburg. I was very impressed tonight with the defensive play of Prestonsburg's Alex Stumbo. Seth Setser and Austin Gearheart did a wonderful job down low tonight. Overall I was impressed by the Blackcats as they improve to 2-0 in district play.
Pages: 1 2