Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hoopin' it Up Holiday Classic @ N. Laurel/S. Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone have the brackets or a link to a website?
have bracket in PDF, just too large to post
This is not a bracket but a link to the KHSAA:

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_4492
With exception of Valley a pretty weak field.
i wouldn't say a weak field.. knott central is in this tourny... with a good possibility of s.v and kcc meeting in the second round of play... would be a great game to watch if they do..
Not a great field, but KCC, Corbin and South Laurel are definitely not weak.
letthebighogroot Wrote:With exception of Valley a pretty weak field.

I disagree. These teams may not be world-beaters but their are some very good teams in this other than Valley, like Corbin, South Laurel, North Laurel, and Knott Central.
Isn't Corbin in the mountain top ten? I would not call it a "weak" field. I would say there is a drop off after the top 4-5 teams.
I would love to see KCC and Valley meet in round 2.
Valley vs KCC could possible shut down Hindman due to everyone at the game.....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I disagree. These teams may not be world-beaters but their are some very good teams in this other than Valley, like Corbin, South Laurel, North Laurel and Knott Central.

I agree, this tourament has some very good teams in it. I think Valley is a clearly favorite to win it but Knott,Corbin, South and North Laruel will put up some good games.
letthebighogroot Wrote:With exception of Valley a pretty weak field.

Gonna go along with everyone else and disagree with you here. Valley would have to be the favorite going in, but there are several teams in this tournament that could send the Wildcats home if they don't bring their "A" game. Could play Knott Central in the second round, South Laurel in the semi's, and either Corbin or North Laurel in the finals.

There is also a school in the tournament from Potomac, Va., who is supposed to be a strong team as well. So while this isn't filled with glamour teams, there are enough solid teams to give SV problems. Hopefully the first half against Pikeville made them realize that the intensity needs to be there from the first tip.