Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank The Countys Now That We Have Started To Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Floyd And Pike Or Top Ten Combined
Floyd and Pike IMO =

1. Betsy Layne
2. Virgie
3. Belfry
4. tie Wesley
4. tie Adams
5. Millard
6. Dorton
7. Elkhorn City
8. Tie Allen Central
8. Tie South Floyd
9. Pikeville
10. MCA (won 3 of last 4) really improved !

Pikeville may be a bit higher !

JMO !!!!
We play Adams at the Elkhorn City Christmas Panorama. How good are they?
canoeman06 Wrote:Floyd and Pike IMO =

1. Betsy Layne
2. Virgie
3. Belfry
4. tie Wesley
4. tie Adams
5. Millard
6. Dorton
7. Elkhorn City
8. Tie Allen Central
8. Tie South Floyd
9. Pikeville
10. MCA (won 3 of last 4) really improved !

Pikeville may be a bit higher !

JMO !!!!

Sounds good to me. Betsy Layne is by far the best I have saw play.
That top 10 looks pretty good, thanks for the # 10 slot. Our team takes that as a compliment. We played really well again last night against JMS. We play Paintsville tomorrow night and i'm looking forward to seeing how far we have progressed.

Anyone know anything about Mullins? We play them Friday night.
Virgie is not 2. Top 5 or 6 but not 2. Belfry would be a solid 2.
1.BL
2.Virgie
3.S.F. when everyone plays. moves to 8th when they don't.
4.Wesley
5.belfry
6.Adams
7.millard
8.Dorton
9.AC
10.Pikeville
FLOYD CO. FAN Wrote:1.BL
2.Virgie
3.S.F. when everyone plays. moves to 8th when they don't.
4.Wesley
5.belfry
6.Adams
7.millard
8.Dorton
9.AC
10.Pikeville

No way is SF 3rd best, even when they have all there players. Not taking anything away from them, cause there a decent team. But I dont think 3rd is where they should be imo.
mcolem00 Wrote:We play Adams at the Elkhorn City Christmas Panorama. How good are they?

Adams is really up and down !
They can be good = 51-36 win over Allen Central
57-52 win over South Floyd
Played really well against Martin County in a panorama
Beat Wesley by 13 in Right Beaver Classic (Wesley without one starter)

OR REALLY BAD = Lost by 8 to Wesley in Shag Campbell
Lost to Virgie by 9 in Pikeville College tourney after having a one point lead after three quarters. Lost to Betsy Layne by 23 !

It depends on WHICH TEAM SHOWS UP !

We are 9-3 right now
new o Wrote:Virgie is not 2. Top 5 or 6 but not 2. Belfry would be a solid 2.

Like I said JMO ..... You may be right .......
Betsy Layne beat us by 21
we split with Adams so far.
Split with Belfry we won by 13 then they beat us by 2
Wesley Christian that is, I have not seen Virgie or Millard.
Floyd County

Betsy Layne
Wesley
Adams
South Floyd
Allen Central
MCA
John M. Stumbo
Allen

Pike County - from what I've seen and the scores i've seen

Belfry
Virgie
Millard
Dorton
Elkhorn City
Pikeville
Kimper
Mullins - I know nothing about them
Phelps - I know nothing about them
MCACoach Wrote:Floyd County

Betsy Layne
Wesley
Adams
South Floyd
Allen Central
MCA
John M. Stumbo
Allen

Pike County - from what I've seen and the scores i've seen

Belfry
Virgie
Millard
Dorton
Elkhorn City
Pikeville
Kimper
Mullins - I know nothing about them
Phelps - I know nothing about them

I would have Pikeville a couple of spots higher and Feds Creek should be in there above Kimper since they have beaten them 3 times. Johns Creek should be right around there too. Looks like a pretty good list though.
I knew i was forgetting a couple schools.

Johns Creek and Feds Creek
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I would have Pikeville a couple of spots higher and Feds Creek should be in there above Kimper since they have beaten them 3 times. Johns Creek should be right around there too. Looks like a pretty good list though.

I agree Feds Creek is a tough team, they played us really tough last night. We have a well balanced county this year, it is really hard to pick the best and worst teams.

Belfry and Virgie are the best that I have seen. We can play with them teams but so can Dorton. I watched Pikeville and they are pretty good too.

So my Pike County predictions are:

Virgie
Belfry
Millard
Dorton
Pikeville
(Those could be in any order).

Johns Creek
Elkhorn City
Feds Creek
Mullins
Kimper
Phelps
Until Belfry gets more consistent, we are not #1, #2, or #3 in Pike County.

We did not play well in either game at Pikeville College, but played descent against Martin Co. and JCMS. We have talent and we work hard but have to get consistent.

Betsy Layne is the best team in the Pike/Floyd area so far with Virgie, Dorton, Wesley, and Millard close behind. I have not saw Pikeville this year but they are in that group as well.
I don't know the stats n Floyd or Pike C. rankings but can give you Southern Conference Standings as 12-16-08 1st is Virgie followed by Millard, Elkhorn City, Dorton, Pikeville and Feds Creek, in that order.
Does anyone have any stats of the Betsy Layne-Allen Central game...Or the Betsy Layne-Wesley(A Team Games)...I know Betsy Layne won both games but i didn't hear what the stats were.
I watch you! Wrote:I don't know the stats n Floyd or Pike C. rankings but can give you Southern Conference Standings as 12-16-08 1st is Virgie followed by Millard, Elkhorn City, Dorton, Pikeville and Feds Creek, in that order.

I would say the conference standings have changed as of this week. We are now 2-3 in the conference so we may be lower. I know Virgie is at least 4-0. Millard has lost 1 conference game. If every team would post their conference records on here, we could stay updated.
Millard is 3-1 in the conference. Our loss was to Virgie, and wins over Dorton, Elkhorn City, and Feds Creek.
new o Wrote:Virgie is not 2. Top 5 or 6 but not 2. Belfry would be a solid 2.

I've seen Belfry and Virgie both play.Belfry is not #2.By the way, didn't Virgie beat Belfry once already this year? I heard Virgie beat them by 11.
Top 11 teams in pike------------------------------------------------------------------------ #1.VIRGIE #2.MILLARD #3.BELFRY #4.DORTON #5.MULLINS #6.PIKEVILLE #7.ELKHORN CITY #8.FEDS CREEK #9.JOHN'S CREEK #10..PHELPS #11.KIMPER
Pike County -

1 - Belfry/Virgie - Belfry is the better team but on any given night Virgie could shoot the ball well and beat them and Richardson is an athlete, if it comes down to coaching though Rowe and his staff has the edge, as they have been on region title staffs as well as having double/triple the experience of Varney, Varney, and Howard.

2 - Dorton - Their guards have come along nicely and the big boy can change games. They also have one of the top middle school coaches in the state.

3 - Pikeville - Rowe is a very nice player but they just don't have a lot to go with him. Dont be shocked if they beat Belfry or Virgie though, as they are both very intense rivalries in the county.

4 - Millard - They are athletic but in all honesty by January they will not beat any of the top 3 anywhere but their home floor. I dont see them beating Belfry or Virgie anywhere but Millard because the officiating there is ALWAYS horrible.

The rest of them are about the same, EC and FC might be the 4-5 teams.

Floyd Co.

1 - Betsy Layne - They won the Reno's and beat some very good team in doing so. I feel only Wesley will be able to give them a game later on in Floyd Co.

2 - Wesley - 3 really nice players and a solid coach, if they had any bench they could challenge BL.

Overall

1 - BL
2 - Belfry/Virgie
3 - Dorton
4 - Wesley/Pikeville
5 - Millard
BL won over Wesely last night, I think the score was 52 - 26 or something near that, anyway BL had more than 40 point lead at times in the game. Wesely could not get any offense going. I don't think anyone in Floyd County is gonna catch up to the Bobcats this season.
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:BL won over Wesely last night, I think the score was 52 - 26 or something near that, anyway BL had more than 40 point lead at times in the game. Wesely could not get any offense going. I don't think anyone in Floyd County is gonna catch up to the Bobcats this season.

Your right, Betsy layne just plays on a higher level than most middle school teams. NO TEAM in floyd county will beat them this season.
Virgie is 6-0 right now, I think in reg. conference games. They have won several other games in tournaments, such as winning over teams Sebastain Ross Point,and Pikeville to win the BCI Thanksgiving Tournament. They have not played Belfry in regular conf. game, yet, however , they have already beaten them this year. So as I see it Virgie is well in the #1 position as of today!!!!!!!!:
tonight we play adams, struggled against BL shot really bad hope play better.
Eagle42 Wrote:tonight we play adams, struggled against BL shot really bad hope play better.

Same with us !!!! Shot really bad 0/18 threes against MCA ! Hope we play better also !
hope we play better then you......lol
I watch you! Wrote:Virgie is 6-0 right now, I think in reg. conference games. They have won several other games in tournaments, such as winning over teams Sebastain Ross Point,and Pikeville to win the BCI Thanksgiving Tournament. They have not played Belfry in regular conf. game, yet, however , they have already beaten them this year. So as I see it Virgie is well in the #1 position as of today!!!!!!!!:

When in a scrimmage?
Pages: 1 2