Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7th - Verity 48 Wurtland 37 8th - Verity 60 Wurtland 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 7th grade game was a great one with Greenup Wurtland trailing by 5 at half and only down 3 with 2 minutes to go against a very talented Ashland Verity team. Just too much size and strength inside for our young team (mostly 6th graders) to handle down the stretch.

The 8th grade game Ashland Verity controlled from the start and dominated. They have a fine team with alot of skilled players (looked like they dressed 17 or 18) and their wasn't a huge drop off among any of them. They have a guard, #13 i believe, that can really shoot the ball.
Has Wurtland played any other games in the region, I know there 8th grade was 2-0, obviously now they have lost, but just wondering if they have played any other games?
Wurtland 6th has played Russell away (L), East Carter home (W), McKell home (W), Elliott Co. away (L), East Carter away (W), Fairview away (W) so their now 4-2.

Wurtland 7th has played Russell away (L), East Carter home (W), McKell home (L), Elliott Co. away (L), East Carter away (L), Fairview away (W), Verity home (L) so their now 2-5.

Wurtland 8th has played Russell away (L), East Carter home (W), McKell home (W), Elliott Co. away (W), East Carter away (L), Fairview away (W i think), Verity home (L) so their now 4-3.

6th, 7th and 8th play at Lewis Co. Thursday and West Carter at home Friday in a rescheduled game.
Steelermatt Wrote:The 7th grade game was a great one with Greenup Wurtland trailing by 5 at half and only down 3 with 2 minutes to go against a very talented Ashland Verity team. Just too much size and strength inside for our young team (mostly 6th graders) to handle down the stretch.

The 8th grade game Ashland Verity controlled from the start and dominated. They have a fine team with alot of skilled players (looked like they dressed 17 or 18) and their wasn't a huge drop off among any of them. They have a guard, #13 i believe, that can really shoot the ball.

how did verity do against ironton?
no idea, i'm from Greenup Wurtland