Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Rankings (Two Weeks in)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think after the first two weeks? Any surprises??

1. Breathitt, no question, hands down the best
2. Letcher, played Breathitt tough though at Letcher

No one else close to these two teams... the rest are just playing for fun.

3. JBS, nice win over Knott Central
4. Knott, are playing well after the loss to JBS

5. Perry, took a couple on the chin, but will improve come tournament time
6. Leslie
7. Estill
8. Owsley
9. Powell
10. Hazard
11. Jenkins
12. Cordia
13. Buckhorn
14 Wolfe
15. Lee
16. Jackson City
17. Riverside
I think Leslie is the third best team in the region. They have a lot of good shooters and play hard. I think they will beat PCC this season.
Also KCC is gonig to be a good team by the end of the year their schedule is a lot stronger than it has been in the past and that is going to help them in the long run. KCC, LCC, and JBS are gonig to have some battles this year. Who host the district this season up there.
Knott Co
LCC is doing well. THey lost to Breathitt, but it was close and LCC had a really rotten game. The worst I've seen them play this year so far. Anxious for a re-match, should be good!
Breathitt Ladycats will make it back,Kendall Noble is way too good of a lady basketball player and Ladycats will have too help her and with Deaton,Keaton,Haddix,and Hardin playing their best it should be 3-peat for Ladycats.

(2)LCC(3)Leslie Co.,and then (4)PCC
1. Breathitt County
2. Letcher Central

3. Leslie County

4-11. Competitive with several of these teams playing with Leslie County by February.
4. JBS
5. Owsley County
6. Knott Central
7. Perry Central
8. Estill County
9. Powell County
10. Hazard
11. Cordia
hoot owl Wrote:1. Breathitt County
2. Letcher Central

3. Leslie County

4-11. Competitive with several of these teams playing with Leslie County by February.
4. JBS
5. Owsley County
6. Knott Central
7. Perry Central
8. Estill County
9. Powell County
10. Hazard
11. Cordia

I agree with this rating.
Looks Good
Owsley and Estill above Powell. They have one or two bad games and they suck.I'm not saying that they will win 14th region but come on there pretty good. I say there 4th or 5th in the region.But not 9th
Breathett is the team to beat
Breathitt ladycats playing a tough schedule and it should make them better for the tourney,looking to see how they grow and see how far a Good /maybe the best player in region(Freshman) Kendall Marie Noble can take them,maybe a 3 pette.they will be the team to beat for sure.:runtouchd :runtouchd :runtouchd
piratefan24 Wrote:Owsley and Estill above Powell. They have one or two bad games and they suck.I'm not saying that they will win 14th region but come on there pretty good. I say there 4th or 5th in the region.But not 9th
Owsley beat Powell by around 15 in Stanton, and from what I heard didn't really have their A game that night. They have also beaten Estill. In my opinion, yes...they should be rated above Powell.
guys n gals I most certainally do not claim to be an expert in any field but perhaps maybe fishing but I think the 14th region is not only going to be knocking on the door at the sweet sixteen tournament but quite possibly kick it in by bringing 09 state championship back thisaway.
thats no disrespect to the other time tested programs the other regions.
but from the 4 or 5 of the schools I have personally watched they all have very good talent and don't look now but they are some pretty dang good coaches in them there hills that could easily do well on the college level.
this is just my humble opinion only not to argue or make anybody mad and
do so realize since my marriage that my opinions dont count anymore. lol
Keep smiling looks better. : )