Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lou. Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts on this team next season?
Hopefully they lose alot lol
I know that they return Tim Patterson, and he is on the Rivals.com 250 watchlist.
they lose alot on the line and some good skilled players they have back ups just wondering how good they are
they havent been beaten by a 3a team since they came to 3a..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I know that they return Tim Patterson, and he is on the Rivals.com 250 watchlist.

This kid is pretty darn good. AS a junior he stands 6'5 bout 220. If you ask me, SEC Linebacker size..he he heBig Grin
I think both Offensive Tackles were sophmores. They return quite a bit.

I think a threepeat is entirely possible if not likely.
UCFB Wrote:Any thoughts on this team next season?

Love the schedule you guys play. What does your schedule look like next year? Keep playing that tough schedule, it has you ready come playoff time.
u talking about central or union?
Their coach is 2 for 2 in the championship...sheesh, talk about a resume'. This guy has been head coach for them for just 2 yrs.
The broadcaster said during the telecast that they hoped to play up in 6A for all their non district games. He mentioned Male, Manual, St. X, Seneca, Ballard, PRP. Their district games are E-town Shawnee, Moore. That's crazy. Some of those schools are going to be loaded next year and will have way more depth than Central. I would imagine that regardless of regular season record that they will be battle tested by the playoffs and 3A better look for the yellowjackets to sting again.
The Central Defense will have tough time replacing the studs leaving on defnese. Last years team returned 8 starters and the offense only 3. This year it is the opposite and the defense will probably only return 2 starters Micheal Lewis was an all district LB that played DE in the chanmpionship game, and 2nd team all state MLB Tim Patterson. According to the roster every starter in the championship game other than the 2 mentioned were seniors.

The offense losses Hughes (TB), Cobble (Ctr), Gerald Collins (OG). Jordan Walker (TE). Everyone else returns. From the looks of it #2 Wales is the replacement for Hughes. He actually started the Championship game and had some electrifying runs vs Breathitt. Cobble is the only player they have to replace because one of their guards (Duncan) got hurt in the St. X game and hasn't been a starter since. Tim Patterson looks like the replacement at TE.
It's scary to think that they should be even better on offense next season. That o-line is bigger than some 6A schools and with the speed at the skill positions they are going to create some problems for 3A schools trying to match up.