Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steelers 13 Ravens 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Steelers do it again!!!
I hate the Steelers with a passion. Kills me to see them pull of another last minute drive. lol
Woopty Do the Steelernazis win the AFC North again! As long as they don't make it to the super bowl I'm fine. I still wonder why the Steeler faithful like Ben Roethlisberger. He can't play QB a lick!!
Jshort5 Wrote:Woopty Do the Steelernazis win the AFC North again! As long as they don't make it to the super bowl I'm fine. I still wonder why the Steeler faithful like Ben Roethlisberger. He can't play QB a lick!!

He gets the job done!! Unlike Carson Palmer!!Big Grin
Why do the Steeler faithful like Big Ben? Lets see...
2004- 15-1, division champs, made it to the AFC Championship game
2005- 11-5, SUPERBOWL CHAMPS
2006- 8-8 finished .500 throwing a 67 yd touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes in Cincy in OT
2007- 10-6 division champs
2008- 11-3 division champs AGAIN..
so thats why we like Big Ben...and we WILL be back in the superbowl again THIS YEAR. Cool
Jshort5 Wrote:Woopty Do the Steelernazis win the AFC North again! As long as they don't make it to the super bowl I'm fine. I still wonder why the Steeler faithful like Ben Roethlisberger. He can't play QB a lick!!
LOL! Bungles fans and Browns fans are kinda like Britney Spears: They are both miserably pathetic and wildly entertaining all at the same time.:p Why us Steeler fans like Big Ben was on display today. He pulled his team together and drove the length of the field to WIN the game. When youre a Steeler fan thats what its all about; WINNING.
An ugly game, but a pretty win for the Steelers
That last TD should have never been called one. The original call on the field was he was down at the half yard line. There was no definitive evidence that the ball ever crossed the goal line while the player had possession of the ball.
BCF4L Wrote:That last TD should have never been called one. The original call on the field was he was down at the half yard line. There was no definitive evidence that the ball ever crossed the goal line while the player had possession of the ball.

As much as I like the Steelers i have to agree. I watched the replay 10 times and I say it should have been fourth and inches.

Not saying that couldn't have converted but I think the call was bad.
Thats right baby love my steelers
As for the TD, look at it this way. If a receiver catches a ball stretched out on the sideline and both feet are down inside the field of play, it is a catch. That rule applies here. He had control of the ball with both feet in the end zone. As for liking Big Ben!! The reason is simple, he wins games. They may not be pretty, but they win.
Crossbones Wrote:As for the TD, look at it this way. If a receiver catches a ball stretched out on the sideline and both feet are down inside the field of play, it is a catch. That rule applies here. He had control of the ball with both feet in the end zone. As for liking Big Ben!! The reason is simple, he wins games. They may not be pretty, but they win.

I agree with that rule but doesn't the ball have to cross the plane to be considered a TD? I watched it several times and couldn't decide whether the ball had crossed the goal line when his feet touched the ground. Looked to me like it was outside the goal line when he touched.
Crossbones Wrote:As for the TD, look at it this way. If a receiver catches a ball stretched out on the sideline and both feet are down inside the field of play, it is a catch. That rule applies here. He had control of the ball with both feet in the end zone. As for liking Big Ben!! The reason is simple, he wins games. They may not be pretty, but they win.
The ball has to cross the goalline with possession. If this would have initially been called a TD, then I don't think there is enough evidence to say it wasn't a TD. In this case, the call on the field was that he was short, and there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call, but they did anyway.
He had control of the ball the instant he caught it. He was simply tucking the ball in when he fell forward. Both feet were in the endzone when he had control. The tip of the ball broke the plane. It (the tip of ball) only has to break the white line of the endzone.http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d50200

Hit pause at 38 sec. It shows it break the plane.
From the NFL 2006 Rulebook:

Rule 11 Scoring
Section 1 Value of Scores
Article 1 The team that scores the greater number of points during the entire game is
the winner. Points are scored as follows:
(a) Touchdown ...............................................................................................6 points
(b) Field Goal..................................................................................................3 points
© Safety ........................................................................................................2 points
(d) Successful Try after touchdown ........................................................1 or 2 points
Note: If a team forfeits a game, the opponent will be declared the winner by a score of 2-0,
but the points will not be added to the winning team’s record for purposes of offensive
production on tie-breakers
Article 2 If the score is tied at the end of four periods, the game will be extended by an
overtime period (see rule 16).
Section 2 Touchdown
Article 1 It is a touchdown (3-38):
(a) when a runner advances from the field of play and the ball touches the opponents’
goal line (plane); or
(b) while inbounds any player catches or recovers a loose ball (3-2-3) on or behind the
opponents’ goal line.
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES
(1) The ball is automatically dead at the instant of legal player possession on, above,
or behind the opponents’ goal line.
(2) The Referee may award a touchdown when a palpably unfair act deprives the
offended team of one.
(3) For a foul after a touchdown (between downs), see 3-11-2-a and 14-5.
A.R. 11.1 Third-and-goal on B2. Runner A1 goes to the goal line with the ball over the plane of the
goal line. He is tackled and fumbles and the defensive team recovers in the end zone.
Ruling : Touchdown. The ball is automatically dead at the instant of legal player
possession on the opponent’s goal line.
Every time these two teams play, it is never a high scoring game. A defensive battle, exactly what I like!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:When you're a Steeler fan thats what its all about; WINNING.

Get yo pocorn ready! Here goes nothin'::popcorn:
So you're saying I don't like to see my team win? It's absurd if you think I like seeing them get their tails handed to them all the time. Someday the Bengals' are going to lay it to the Steelers' and they ain't gonna give no mercy! That time is next year... I know I'm gonna take alotta crap for saying it, BUT, the Bengals' will finish with a winning record next season, GUARANTEED!!! I'll say we beat the Steelers' atleast once. I can't wait 'till Palmer torches that rinky dink secondary of the Steelers'. The Bengals' will be back to being one of the most feared and potent offenses in the NFL next season. I can already see the potential in our defense. Keith Rivers will be out to get that ***** of a reciever in Hines Ward, who would probably be a wonderful TE for you all, as he couldn't catch a cold. I would be willing to match up Chad Ocho Cinco and TJ Houshmandzadeh vs Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward. Hands down the Bengals' would be coming out victors of that fight, just as they will win the AFC North next season. I CANT WAIT!!!
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn My side is hurting!!Smile
Jshort5 Wrote:Get yo pocorn ready! Here goes nothin'::popcorn:
So you're saying I don't like to see my team win? It's absurd if you think I like seeing them get their tails handed to them all the time. Someday the Bengals' are going to lay it to the Steelers' and they ain't gonna give no mercy! That time is next year... I know I'm gonna take alotta crap for saying it, BUT, the Bengals' will finish with a winning record next season, GUARANTEED!!! I'll say we beat the Steelers' atleast once. I can't wait 'till Palmer torches that rinky dink secondary of the Steelers'. The Bengals' will be back to being one of the most feared and potent offenses in the NFL next season. I can already see the potential in our defense. Keith Rivers will be out to get that ***** of a reciever in Hines Ward, who would probably be a wonderful TE for you all, as he couldn't catch a cold. I would be willing to match up Chad Ocho Cinco and TJ Houshmandzadeh vs Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward. Hands down the Bengals' would be coming out victors of that fight, just as they will win the AFC North next season. I CANT WAIT!!!
Read my post again slowly this time and sound out the big words you dont understand. I was refering to your statement about Big Ben and yes as long as he wins thats all us Steelers fans care about. As far as the rest of your post goes listen carefully: As long as Mike Brown is running the bungles things will not get any better, you can hope all you want but its simply not going to happen because hes more interested in making money than he is putting a consistent winner on the field.
Crossbones Wrote:He had control of the ball the instant he caught it. He was simply tucking the ball in when he fell forward. Both feet were in the endzone when he had control. The tip of the ball broke the plane. It (the tip of ball) only has to break the white line of the endzone.http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d50200

Hit pause at 38 sec. It shows it break the plane.
I put my tivo on super slo-mo and yes he did break the plane.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:LOL! Bungles fans and Browns fans are kinda like Britney Spears: They are both miserably pathetic and wildly entertaining all at the same time.:p Why us Steeler fans like Big Ben was on display today. He pulled his team together and drove the length of the field to WIN the game. When youre a Steeler fan thats what its all about; WINNING.

I'm a Browns fan and I'll be the first to admit they totally have sucked it up this year, lol.

Regardless if the Steelers scored the TD or not, the Ravens D let them go on a 92 yard drive and had plenty of times to stop them.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I put my tivo on super slo-mo and yes he did break the plane.
I have Directv and have been putting off getting tivo. Is it worth it?
Here we go steelers Here we go. Ive got a feelin I'll be in tampa on Feb 8!!!
Crossbones Wrote:I have Directv and have been putting off getting tivo. Is it worth it?
Every Penny!
Smile that rinky dink secondary you are referring to is ranked 1st in pass defense..and you enough with the "we're gonna finish with a winning record, our offense is going to be unstoppable" nonsense. The Bengals are right back where they spent the 90s and the first half of the 00's, right where they should be. In the cellar. Cincy is horrible on both sides of the ball. Theyre coaching and management is a mess. They have zero discipline. Cincy will finish 5-11 next year and thats being generous. But I do admire your sticking to your team, remember that Im a Pirates fan whos been guaranteeing a winning record since 1992Smile ...
Jshort5 Wrote:Get yo pocorn ready! Here goes nothin'::popcorn:
Crossbones Wrote:I have Directv and have been putting off getting tivo. Is it worth it?

HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Every Penny!

I'll second that. We have had TiVo for a few years and we love it.