Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Butcher and Mason Co. 0-4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tough start for former Pike Central Coach Stephen Butcher. Starts out the season 0 and 4 with tough losses to Bracken Co. by 1, Villa Madonna by 3 and Fleming Co. by 2. Hope Butcher can turn his fortunes around. If anyone has any information on his team would you please post.
I for one hope Coach Butcher the best. Give him time and he will get the most out of whatever talent he has.
Everyone at Mason Co. expected this team to struggle early. Losing the 2 all time leading scorers last year, they are very young and down the road should be a tough team. Also, this isn't the boys team, so there will not be a lot of pressure on Butcher.
sacbunt Wrote:Everyone at Mason Co. expected this team to struggle early. Losing the 2 all time leading scorers last year, they are very young and down the road should be a tough team. Also, this isn't the boys team, so there will not be a lot of pressure on Butcher.

thanks for that information sacbunt
VERY young team - Butcher knew he would have some building years. He has no seniors, 3 juniors, and on down - also starting lineup includes a 7th grader -

You won't hear any noise from Mason this year and maybe not the next but give Butcher a while to lay his foundation with the Lady Royals. Rome wasn't built overnight.........................
BleedsBlue Wrote:VERY young team - Butcher knew he would have some building years. He has no seniors, 3 juniors, and on down - also starting lineup includes a 7th grader -

You won't hear any noise from Mason this year and maybe not the next but give Butcher a while to lay his foundation with the Lady Royals. Rome wasn't built overnight.........................

thanks BleedsBlue...Looks like they are still playing tough despite the record.
I agree, give him some time and a year or two to mature his program. He has a very young team and it is always tough for a coach to come in and change the style of play for anyone. He is hanging in there with their games, not getting blown out of the water so he isn't so down and out. Best of luck to him and his program.
i guess though as well on the opposite spectrum you could argue that at Pike Central he inherited a very young team as well his first season 0 seniors one Jr one Soph and the rest were freshman and grade schoolers. Just an observation. However, I agree we must give him so time. Was just wondering what his team looked like there hadn't heard much on them up untill I decided to keep up with how he was doing else where. Good Luck Butcher hope it all works out, your banner will always serve as a reminder of what you did for this community.
0 and 7 now :-( come on Butcher and the Lady Royals get a win to many close ones not to have one already. Youth is aparently killing them right now. Come on and good luck
PCC was young, but they had the most talent in the region for years. All they need was someone to work with them. A coach is as good as his horses.
I believe Mason got their first victory