Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 109 Lewis County 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
When is Elliot county's first true test in a hard team?
Dec.20 against S.Charleston, WV is there first real test
The Fan Wrote:Dec.20 against S.Charleston, WV is there first real test

Oh thanks for the info do you know where the game is at?
Good win. Congrats Elliot. Can't wait for the game on the 20th.
No suprise in this one. The Christmas sox one Elliott player was wearing was pretty cool.:Thumbs:

Lewis has played 4 good teams I look for them to take Fairview to the wood shed if they get their point guard back.
Prestige Wrote:Oh thanks for the info do you know where the game is at?

This game will be played at Bourbon Co. as part of the Ky Bank Classic.
I forgot to mention Timmy Knipp threw one down.
Congrats Elliot!
I look for Elliott to make some serious noise this year.
Magnum PI Wrote:I look for Elliott to make some serious noise this year.

I do too even though it seems that other's don't think so.:confused: They are men among boys.
kybaseball Wrote:I do too even though it seems that other's don't think so.:confused: They are men among boys.

Who are you talking about that thinks Elliott won't make some noise? They are receiving quite a bit of statewide respect, being top 10 in both the Herald-Leader and Courier-Journal preseason polls. They are also #3 in our BGR statewide Top 20 and are the unanimous #1 in the BGR EKY Top 20.

Even the most diehard SV supporters on here recognize how good Elliott is, and most even say that Elliott would be favored in a game against SV. Elliott Co. is not lacking in respect, either statewide or on BGR.

Congrats to Elliott on the big win against Lewis Co.
More Cowbell Wrote:Who are you talking about that thinks Elliott won't make some noise? They are receiving quite a bit of statewide respect, being top 10 in both the Herald-Leader and Courier-Journal preseason polls. They are also #3 in our BGR statewide Top 20 and are the unanimous #1 in the BGR EKY Top 20.

Even the most diehard SV supporters on here recognize how good Elliott is, and most even say that Elliott would be favored in a game against SV. Elliott Co. is not lacking in respect, either statewide or on BGR.

Congrats to Elliott on the big win against Lewis Co.

Why are you calling me out for? I never said one word or implied anything about the SV fans or anyone on BGR saying anything?:confused: If I meant SV fans or people on BGR I would have said so.:Thumbs: :Thumbs:

There are a lot more boards other than BGR and some people think they will be one and done in the Sweet 16. I myself think they have a real shot at the title.
How much depth does Elliott have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthebighogroot
I haven't got to see LC play yet, but I hear good things about thier new big man. I think my Lions will beat your Lions tonight Baseball.....But I think it will be closer than many think.

Heres a look for ya bighog.

man i wish he wouldnt have missed the 1st one lol at least he made the 2nd one lol

kybaseball Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by letthebighogroot
I haven't got to see LC play yet, but I hear good things about thier new big man. I think my Lions will beat your Lions tonight Baseball.....But I think it will be closer than many think.

Heres a look for ya bighog.

Congrats Elliott!
kybaseball Wrote:Why are you calling me out for? I never said one word or implied anything about the SV fans or anyone on BGR saying anything?:confused: If I meant SV fans or people on BGR I would have said so.:Thumbs: :Thumbs:

There are a lot more boards other than BGR and some people think they will be one and done in the Sweet 16. I myself think they have a real shot at the title.

I'm not "calling you out". Just because I disagree with your statement doesn't mean I'm calling you out.

I just disagree that there are many people who think Elliott doesn't have a chance to make noise at state. You may be reading things on other boards, but in terms of the main state newspapers, Elliott is getting plenty of respect (and deservedly so). I don't begrudge Elliott any of the pub they are getting, they have earned it with their play the last two years.

As for BGR, there are overzealous fans on here from every school who think their team can't be beat by anybody. But most sensible members acknowledge Elliott as probably the best team in EKY, and also as one of the top 10 teams in the state.

I myself vote in the BGR staff polls, and I have voted Elliott #1 in EKY each time so far. IMO, they will stay there unless they show me that they deserve to be dropped.
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm not "calling you out". Just because I disagree with your statement doesn't mean I'm calling you out.

I just disagree that there are many people who think Elliott doesn't have a chance to make noise at state. You may be reading things on other boards, but in terms of the main state newspapers, Elliott is getting plenty of respect (and deservedly so). I don't begrudge Elliott any of the pub they are getting, they have earned it with their play the last two years.

As for BGR, there are overzealous fans on here from every school who think their team can't be beat by anybody. But most sensible members acknowledge Elliott as probably the best team in EKY, and also as one of the top 10 teams in the state.

I myself vote in the BGR staff polls, and I have voted Elliott #1 in EKY each time so far. IMO, they will stay there unless they show me that they deserve to be dropped.

I never said there were many others I just said others.Anyway I hope all teams from EKY have geat seasons and when the state comes around I hope one of them can take the title.You make some excellent points about Elliott they probably are the best team in EKY and they do deserve all the pub they are getting.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How much depth does Elliott have?

Not a lot.....That is by far their biggest weakness.. Not from a fatigue standpoint, cause those kids can run for days...But from a foul standpoint, they can play one sub at a time and not hurt to much, but if they have to play 2 at once........It kinda shows........