Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood moving to 2A?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard that today, any truth?
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:I heard that today, any truth?

Too small and no geographic reason to. That is the only reason KHSAA will let a team move up.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Too small and no geographic reason to. That is the only reason KHSAA will let a team move up.

There reason could be competition cause they pretty much dominate all the 1A schools.
Sounds like wishful thinking to me.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

I go to a 2A school so how could I be wishing?
What is the size of Beechwood enrollment-wise?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:What is the size of Beechwood enrollment-wise?

Grades 7-12 - 458 Students
KHSAA will allow you to move up but not down, correct?
firechief Wrote:KHSAA will allow you to move up but not down, correct?

ONLY if geography is a burden. No other or very few district teams colse by.
Don't Highlands play up a class. What is their reason?
Matman Wrote:Don't Highlands play up a class. What is their reason?

No NKY teams in 3A or 4A, cuts down travel

What he said, Highlands should be 3A and CovCath 4A. Since there are no 3A or 4A teams in NoKY, both were moved to 5A. Without them, 5A would have only had 3 teams in the district, creating yet another problem.
Blau Vogel Wrote:What he said, Highlands should be 3A and CovCath 4A. Since there are no 3A or 4A teams in NoKY, both were moved to 5A. Without them, 5A would have only had 3 teams in the district, creating yet another problem.

Exactly. Beechwood is staying in 1A and will probably be racking up alot of State Championships.
firechief Wrote:KHSAA will allow you to move up but not down, correct?

Danville use to move from class to class. But that went by how good the team was, to what class they play in one year. Danville got title from 1A up to 3A. 3 in 1A, 6 in 2A, 1 in 3A.

If Beechwood more up in class, way don't Bell move down in class. Louisville Central enrollment is 987, Bell Co. enrollment is 870, Highlands enrollment is 818.

moved up two classes. When Highlands was in 3A, they were a 2A school that moved up to 3A. When we played in 3A it was for better competition and nothing to do with no schools in the area at the 2A level.
cj2561 Wrote:Danville use to move from class to class. But that went by how good the team was, to what class they play in one year. Danville got title from 1A up to 3A. 3 in 1A, 6 in 2A, 1 in 3A.

If Beechwood more up in class, way don't Bell move down in class. Louisville Central enrollment is 987, Bell Co. enrollment is 870, Highlands enrollment is 818.

Danville did not... Danville's enrollment issues have been directly intertwined with Boyle County High School. Boyle County has increased in enrollment as Danville has decreased, and there were several years where Danville fell on the threshhold of 1A and 2A.

Breathitt has had success in both 3A and 2A... would you say the same thing about them?Sad
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Danville did not... Danville's enrollment issues have been directly intertwined with Boyle County High School. Boyle County has increased in enrollment as Danville has decreased, and there were several years where Danville fell on the threshhold of 1A and 2A.

Breathitt has had success in both 3A and 2A... would you say the same thing about them?Sad

The first time breathitt was 3A, they was nothing. The year they move them down to 2A they won it back to back. Now they have to be 3A, they are over 2A by like 50 kids, if that many. We all saw what happen to Breathitt when they play a good team. Central should be up more then what they won by.
cj2561 Wrote:The first time breathitt was 3A, they was nothing. The year they move them down to 2A they won it back to back. Now they have to be 3A, they are over 2A by like 50 kids, if that many. We all saw what happen to Breathitt when they play a good team. Central should be up more then what they won by.
So Belfry was not a "good" team? You are clueless? If you listened or watched the Central game you would know that Breathitt had the opportunities to make it a much closer game than it was......Geeeeesh.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:So Belfry was not a "good" team? You are clueless? If you listened or watched the Central game you would know that Breathitt had the opportunities to make it a much closer game than it was......Geeeeesh.

I was there. Central is doing the same thing that Bell is doing right now. Central didn;t start playing until the 2nd q. I left the game at halftime. Breathitt was lucky that it was just 21-7 at halftime. Belfry wouldn't done much better again them.

Bell should be up 13-7, but they down 7-0 at halftime.

If Belfry wanted to make it to state, they should of play in the semi. What i watch of that game, it look like Belfry was walking and Breathitt was in overdrive. That let you know the good teams from the bad teams. Not there record.
cj2561 Wrote:Danville use to move from class to class. But that went by how good the team was, to what class they play in one year. Danville got title from 1A up to 3A. 3 in 1A, 6 in 2A, 1 in 3A.

Overall enrollment has nothing to do with football classes. It goes by male enrollment only. Yes Louisville Central has about that many students, but of those 987, only about 330 are boys. Where as, say Belfry, has about 700 students, half of those are boys, so around 340-350 boys..
Beechwoods in the 1A state championship every year and I think if they do move up to 2A that'll give other teams like Hazard and LCA a better chance at winning state and give Beechwood more of a challenge at making it there.
Its about time.

Beechwood could reach the playoffs in 3A IMO
If im not mistaken didnt Newport Central Catholic beat Beechwood easily?
They can make the playoffs in 1A up to 5A the way KHASS get it sit up now. But winning it wont be easy for them. In 2A, they will have to play NCC and Fort Campbell. 3A Central, Breathitt, and belfry, 4A I don't think they can make it past the 2 round. There is just to many good teams in 4A. 5A Highlands only lose it if they have a bad season.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:I go to a 2A school so how could I be wishing?

Wishful thinking from the 1A people.Wink
Beechwood wont move up in class. They will stay in 1A, until they start winning it year in and year out.
cj2561 Wrote:Beechwood wont move up in class. They will stay in 1A, until they start winning it year in and year out.

they do win it year in and year out?
Mr. Big Time Wrote:Beechwoods in the 1A state championship every year and I think if they do move up to 2A that'll give other teams like Hazard and LCA a better chance at winning state and give Beechwood more of a challenge at making it there.

So you would rather have a completely watered down title than no title at all?

I guess six classes arent enough,, lets go to a 12 class system so even more teams can have a title given to them. Rolleyes
banjo man69 Wrote:they do win it year in and year out?

They just won it the last two years. But the last two year Mayfield been down, and NCC move up to 2A.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So you would rather have a completely watered down title than no title at all?

I guess six classes arent enough,, lets go to a 12 class system so even more teams can have a title given to them. Rolleyes

If Beechwood do move up in class. They would want to do it.