Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bert Browne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Bert Browne going to stay in town for another season at Perry? I dont see him sticking around with the loss of all those Seniors. He may be able to have a really good team in about 2 more years when Darryl Beatty and company get a little more mature and used to high school football. There is definately a lot of talent coming out of grade school but the numbers are still very low. Bert did another great job this year with his 30 players on his roster. I would hate to see him leave. Its time for some Turf at Perry Central instead of putting all that money into the bleachers in the gym.
Perry is another wanna-be Rupp Arena of the East. They don't care about football there. Well, I did hear that they do draw some attendance but they NEED more players. I hear that the coach DOES not get into the grade school programs like other coaches, ie Matney at JC.

We seen Perry at P'burg, their QB was great but he was a one man show at times. Put about 80 kids on the side line in the next couple of years, invest in your program equally with basketball and you maybe a contender. Oh yea, Hazard hope he stays there, he help them win two of their games the past three years.
I was told by someone close to the program that he's more than likely going to be leaving, but you know, he's the only one that knows if he is staying or going. I do agree that they need to put some money into that program and that program could be very successful if the right person was hired to run that program and get into the middle and youth football program and get the kids out. A high school coach is only as good as his feeder programs and from what I know, he is never around the feeder programs.
Hey, I do know for a fact that a guy from the Louisville area would love to come back home and take the job. He's had a very successful program and do not want to name him due to his current position. I do know, he wants to come back home and would spend a lot of time in the program. I think with a high school program such as Perry, you should not have to worry if a coach is coming back or not. Why?
Bert will stay for now. I know that the boys that dont play basketball is been lifting . Perry did have alot of seniors but over half didnt start. Dont get me wrong they did lose travis. But they have some good young players on the team. IMO perry will be better next year then they was this year.
there are loaded 9th and 10th graders. And yes they do have some 8th graders. But it is a big step from middle to the high school.
With a good feeder program, you should always have a incoming freshmen to make some type of impact.
this past year perrys freshmen had an impact on the team and the upcoming 8th graders will to
With a school that big, they should dress 80 or more players. Until they let the best players play. Must of the boys wont come out. The best basketball players don't play down there.
From what I have seen Coach Browne has done a good job at PCC. I think he should stay, JMO.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:From what I have seen Coach Browne has done a good job at PCC. I think he should stay, JMO.

Sure, Hazard likes him, he handed two of the last three games to them, correct?
It atleast appears that way.
If you look at the stats, two people did almost all of the damage offensively for Perry Central and one of them is graduating.
kymom Wrote:Bert will stay for now. I know that the boys that dont play basketball is been lifting . Perry did have alot of seniors but over half didnt start. Dont get me wrong they did lose travis. But they have some good young players on the team. IMO perry will be better next year then they was this year.
there are loaded 9th and 10th graders. And yes they do have some 8th graders. But it is a big step from middle to the high school.

The first coach that PCC had, he left a month before the season start. When i get back deom Tennessee that year. That monday they said the coach went back to Mississippi to coach.
I also know a great coach in the Louisville area that is dying to come back home and build a football program at PCC and he will not be looking to move up to another program each year. He is involved in the feeder program and the middle school program and he will get it done over a period of time. I believe that if Bert leaves, then this administration needs to make a phone call to Louisville and ask him to finally come home and build us a winning program... He has the attitude and the intensity to do something great and build a program that can be successful in the mountains.
firechief Wrote:Perry is another wanna-be Rupp Arena of the East. They don't care about football there. Well, I did hear that they do draw some attendance but they NEED more players. I hear that the coach DOES not get into the grade school programs like other coaches, ie Matney at JC.

We seen Perry at P'burg, their QB was great but he was a one man show at times. Put about 80 kids on the side line in the next couple of years, invest in your program equally with basketball and you maybe a contender. Oh yea, Hazard hope he stays there, he help them win two of their games the past three years.

Their QB is a Breathitt transfer who didn't want to play second fiddle.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Their QB is a Breathitt transfer who didn't want to play second fiddle.

Jordan Amis?..lol..your talkin about the freshmen..
At PCC it is not about how good you are, it is about much money you give to the school on if you play or not. I know alot of boy that quit the football team over that. One of them would make a good college TE or DE. 6'5 255. They let a 6'0 185 boy play it. Just because his mom and dad have more money.

Until PCC start letting the best player play. They will never get over 40 kids out. A school that big they should have 22 starter, and have 15 to 30 other players that they can run in and out. To give some of the guys a break. About 56 to 85 players. You can have a good team year in and year out. No matter how many SR they will lose. Take John Paul Amis, just because basketball bench his son. He put him back in a class room. You don't see him as a coach at PCC anymore.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Their QB is a Breathitt transfer who didn't want to play second fiddle.

You OBVIOUSLY do not know this boy or his parents. It had nothing to do with being second fiddle. He transferred because of PCC's baseball program - which is a top notch program. Besides, he didn't transfer from Breathitt....he transferred from Jackson City. Didn't he pitch the District Championship for Jackson against Breathitt last year?
ball4life Wrote:You OBVIOUSLY do not know this boy or his parents. It had nothing to do with being second fiddle. He transferred because of PCC's baseball program - which is a top notch program. Besides, he didn't transfer from Breathitt....he transferred from Jackson City. Didn't he pitch the District Championship for Jackson against Breathitt last year?

That is correct. This kid has hands the size of many professional players. Not sure of his football ability to pass the ball, but he can throw a baseball for sure.