Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lynn Camp/ Evarts game called in 4th????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cant wait to talk to LC99 to find out what went on. :omg:

Sports OVertime mentioned fighting then later in the show corrected theirselves. What exactly happened in this game.
34-17 Final. Game was called off with 11:40 sometin remaining in the game after a personal foul for evarts led to an unsportsmen like conduct call on a coach who was then thrown out of the game and a big eposode in the parkin lot started from there. Evarts players then ran off the field and the refs called the game. The fight was not like sports overtime said and it was not between the players, just a few students from each school.
Two kids were arrested after the game for a scuffle. No fights in the game or on the field. Sports Overtime jumped the gun and left both schools looking bad. Students, not players or coaches, were involved in the only fight I saw and it lasted all of about 5 seconds.
Wild night, that really left a black eye, and really upsets me what Sports OT did, retract or not, they don't need to be running their mouths before they get the facts. LC had nothing to what so ever with what happened. The posters above described it well.
Can't really blame it on sports OT though cuz they just passed along the information that someone called in.
Sounds like a wild night....
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Can't really blame it on sports OT though cuz they just passed along the information that someone called in.

Reporters are taught not to report unless it is fact. They didn't confirm their information, and if you would notice they did edit out what was said.
So, If the fight was between two fans, then why was the game called? And why did the players run off the field?
Beef Wrote:So, If the fight was between two fans, then why was the game called? And why did the players run off the field?

The players saw the fight and ran off the field toward the stands. At this point the refs lost control of the game, and to keep anything from getting out of hand on the field, I think the refs did the right thing and stopped the game.
Well...this sucks for both teams and makes them look bad but at least we know what happened now. Coaches and players can't always control what the fans do on their own time.
i was really impressed with the way Lynn Camp's coaches controlled their boys. Evarts had guys running off of the field trying to get involved in an altercation. For the record, Lynn Camp went to their sideline immedietaly at the discretion of Coach Mitchell.
....did anyone else think that LC was just getting started? i had a feeling it was about to get nasty
DangerousA Wrote:i was really impressed with the way Lynn Camp's coaches controlled their boys. Evarts had guys running off of the field trying to get involved in an altercation. For the record, Lynn Camp went to their sideline immedietaly at the discretion of Coach Mitchell.
....did anyone else think that LC was just getting started? i had a feeling it was about to get nasty

Coaching staff of LC did do an excellent job, and I agree all the momentum in the game belong to LC, I really felt like they would have scored a couple more time in the 4th quarter.
Why would the players leave the field? That's still beyond me....but good to hear that the LC coaches kept their players on the field. Where were Evarts' coaches?
From what I gather just from assumptions and the posts, the players were running off from the field to help in the fight?!? Is that right?! I mean, can anyone say that it's actualy what happened? Evarts' players wanting to get into the fight?

That shows class and respect from LC to their coaches to obey like that. Maturity and respect is what a team needs. Glad to hear that they did the right thing in the situation.
I don't know if the Evarts players were trying to get into the fight when they left the field or if they were just trying to get the coach that had been ejected out of the fight going on off the field. They (the Evarts players on the field) restrained him a couple of times before he left the field after the ejection. I think the Evarts players got caught in the middle of an ugly situation. He was really out of control.( I think he set a world record for the jacket throw.)
That is awful that a team of boys can't look to their coach to be a role model because he is acting in a way that they are taught not to. He should be the one that they are able to turn to and one that can be reliable to teach them life lessons, not just the game of football. I always respected and looked up to my basketball coaches and in fighting, he shows them that it is okay when it's not.
Daddy Cat Wrote:I don't know if the Evarts players were trying to get into the fight when they left the field or if they were just trying to get the coach that had been ejected out of the fight going on off the field. They (the Evarts players on the field) restrained him a couple of times before he left the field after the ejection. I think the Evarts players got caught in the middle of an ugly situation. He was really out of control.( I think he set a world record for the jacket throw.)

just be happy that he didin't have a chair things could of gotten ugly, and the game was about to get pretty nasty anyway after the "ball adjustment" was made on the 4th down LC put it in another gear i thought,anyway i thought J.C. Keith had a break out game of sorts with his running it provided a spark when they needed it offensively :beerwez: TongueirateSku
So the fight was between the coach and a fan after he had been ejected? He shouldn't have even been in the stadium. When you're ejected you are supposed to leave!

But has the School Board or AD done anything to punish the coach for fighting?
The ballwas not adjusted it was a first down. It was to close to call b eye so one referee told the other to roll the ball and when he did it hit the stick. It was no doubt the closest first downs i've seen.
ooh-rah Wrote:The ballwas not adjusted it was a first down. It was to close to call b eye so one referee told the other to roll the ball and when he did it hit the stick. It was no doubt the closest first downs i've seen.

if the ball was rolled, then i think that counts as an adjustment.
i'm surprised no one whupped your PA guy's @$$ over that little gem. granted, i also laughed...
speaking of which, the ref's at that game were atrocious. how many inadverant whistle calls were there? Three? that is unacceptable. On one call they signaled a conversion good for #15 when he didn't even have the ball. They faked him on the speed option and somehow, he still scored. that was one of the worst ref crews i've seen in sometime
What was the PA saying??

And that does sound like a poor officiating crew...anyone know who it was?
Beef Wrote:What was the PA saying??

And that does sound like a poor officiating crew...anyone know who it was?

the PA guy was the one that said, "Evarts first down on the ball adjustment" funnier than a kitten in a garbage bag full of snakes.

i meant to look into and see if somerset had them anytime this year. I wish there was some sort of governing body that officials had to answer to. the KHSAA reprimands are absolutely hilarious.
"Ok guys, i know that you were calling the defense for interference for contacting the oposing players past five yards, but that's only pro football.
SO many of the officials call games based on pro rules and rules they only kind of know. i've seen somewhere between 6-10 clips called on offensive players when teh blocker had his head on the CHEST SIDE of the defender.
Maybe we should form a coaliltion that sets refs on fire when they suck and try to get involved in the games
here's hoping the KHSAA repairs its current system...:getwell:
:rock: Sign me up.
Just remember it's not ALL refs...I know a lot of good ones :thumb:

ok...a couple.
Yeah i know all refs are not that bad. LC has been fortunate in all the games that i've made it to this year to have good refs, but last weeks refs didn't seem to have their head in the game.
Speaking of those refs, i managed to come up with thier names
Ed Sizemore, Referee
Raleigh Anders Umpire
Steve Powers Head Line Judge
Doug Willer Line Judge
Shawn Overby Back Judge

Man have i got the goods
Don't know any of them so...:confused:
DangerousA Wrote:Speaking of those refs, i managed to come up with thier names
Ed Sizemore, Referee
Raleigh Anders Umpire
Steve Powers Head Line Judge
Doug Willer Line Judge
Shawn Overby Back Judge

Man have i got the goods

With you being from Somerset, I hope they don't ref the Somerset/Lynn Camp game if know them by name.
Doesn't mean that he knows them....just he could have found a list.

And I know some refs that did Pikeville games but they wern't bias. You can still know them, but them not care about the school you go to. They are fans of other schools, and I would hope that refs have the descency to not ref games that has a school they have any association with. That is if they can help it.
Danny Scalf Wrote:With you being from Somerset, I hope they don't ref the Somerset/Lynn Camp game if know them by name.

if they have a beef with lynn camp, i'm hoping for them.
Nah, i'm kidding. i want this contest to be as ref free as possible. no excuses!TongueirateSku
Pages: 1 2