Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obama and Smoking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now before this gets out of hand, I just want to say that I could care less if the President smokes in the White House. It's his home and he has the right to do whatever he wants to in there. Although it is a "smoke-free" zone, that only occurred during the Clinton Administration (1993 I think) and I do believe that Obama has the power to repeal this ban.

But my question has to do with this video. Why can't we even get a straight answer from him about if he smokes or not? He says that he has stopped but he has "fallen off the wagon" so therefore he has yet to stop. All I'm asking for is for a president not to dodge every question that he is asked. This is a simple "Yes" or "No" question and he makes a 40 second response. Rolleyes Would the American people actually care if he smoked or not?

[youtube="Obama on Smoking"]yW2ZonD4Cdk[/youtube]
Since Hillary got the smoking ban in the Whitehouse, some presidents have gotten creative with thier smokes!! Maybe he isn't comfortable answering those type questions. lol
I say he just wanted to be careful with what he said, because no matter what someone will criticise him. I cant wait til he takes over and bush gets the boot!!!
He should not be smoking in the White House. While he does live there, it does not belong to him. It belongs to all of us, and Id rather he not destroy all of the history and furniture in the place with smoke. He can easily step outside and take a smoke if need be.
I just wish Michelle would quit chewing skoal.
lawrencefan Wrote:I just wish Michelle would quit chewing skoal.

I just wish she could keep her name out of FBI cases involving corruption and fraud. Also, I wish she wasn't best friends with Bill Ayers' wife.
Pretty sure he did answer that question. He said that at times he has given into the temptation to have a cig. Basically is what he said. Then stated that he will not violate the rules of the white house.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I say he just wanted to be careful with what he said, because no matter what someone will criticise him. I cant wait til he takes over and bush gets the boot!!!
Do some research:http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/2008120...tico/16292

Quote:Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.
BFritz Wrote:Do some research:http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/2008120...tico/16292

And, when faith based initiatives took a back seat after 9/11, evangelical, right wing groups looked upon President Bush with disdain. Yada, yada, yada...
Smoking is kind of non professional but really who cares. I don't think he will light up a big cig in the oval office... I guess smoking cigars are alot more classy, hahaha.TongueirateSho
Beetle01 Wrote:He should not be smoking in the White House. While he does live there, it does not belong to him. It belongs to all of us, and Id rather he not destroy all of the history and furniture in the place with smoke. He can easily step outside and take a smoke if need be.
True, but it was smoked in for 190+ years. So I'm sure any smoke damage has already occurred.
Beetle01 Wrote:I just wish she could keep her name out of FBI cases involving corruption and fraud. Also, I wish she wasn't best friends with Bill Ayers' wife.

come off it thats crap is ridiculous
OMG who cares if he smokes. Lets not care that he dont have no experience to be in the white house but lets raise some **** that he smokes. Good Lord. The world is going crazy.
RavenBoy Wrote:OMG who cares if he smokes. Lets not care that he dont have no experience to be in the white house but lets raise some **** that he smokes. Good Lord. The world is going crazy.

Well some people are worried about how it could effect his helath. We don't want our president to die from lung cancer.
sherman14 Wrote:Well some people are worried about how it could effect his helath. We don't want our president to die from lung cancer.
I dont see why though. No one cares about me besides my family so why would I care what a stranger does?
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont see why though. No one cares about me besides my family so why would I care what a stranger does?

Obama is no stranger. He will be our President in 37 days.
sherman14 Wrote:Obama is no stranger. He will be our President in 37 days.
Ive never talk to him or know him, yea I guess he is my best friend.
RavenBoy Wrote:OMG who cares if he smokes. Lets not care that he dont have no experience to be in the white house but lets raise some **** that he smokes. Good Lord. The world is going crazy.
I don't think anyone is making a big deal of it.
sherman14 Wrote:Well some people are worried about how it could effect his helath. We don't want our president to die from lung cancer.

He's Quiting so it really isn't that big of a deal. Didn't FDR smoke?
The question is, did he inhale? Smile
Who cares? If he wants to smoke, let him, its his life anyway, and if someone is running the country, who wouldn't need a smoke.
Who cares if he smokes, as long as he does his job, that's what really matters.
ImagineThat! Wrote:The question is, did he inhale? Smile

haha classic
The question is do we care if the first lady is taking bumps of coke off the Presidential Desk?
Sure we do.
Man let him smoke it makes him look cooler.
It worked for Clint Eastwood!
Beetle01 Wrote:The question is do we care if the first lady is taking bumps of coke off the Presidential Desk?
Well, I'm sure we would care considering one is illegal and one isn't. Rolleyes
Beef Wrote:Well, I'm sure we would care considering one is illegal and one isn't. Rolleyes

it's really his buisness rather he smokes or not. but i don't think he should re-appeal on the smokeing ban in the white house because of the valuble objects
Some people need to get a life and quit worrying about what the president or anyone else does. Do you not have anything better to do than to rag on everything that someone does? Who cares if he smokes, its his life and who really gives a good **** about smoking in the **** white house, its just another house, nothing special about it, just as there is nothing special about the people *****ing about this. Also, about cigarettes not being illegal, im not so sure anymore, I mean with all the smoking bans, they might as well be. Its like the late great George Carlin said in his last stand up special, the list of rights and freedoms is getting smaller and smaller each year.

The whole world is getting worse with every passing day, even moreso in this country. Sure there are wars, hunger, disease, and many other horrible things happening in other countries, but the freedom we supposedly have and the troops are supposed to be fighting for(yeah right) is going by the wayside. We are supposed to be the country of freedom and independence but yet our freedoms are diminishing by the second. Pretty soon they will be telling us we cant smoke in our own homes or cars, and that we have to marry a certain person or whatever sick and demented thing they can think of. Wake up and see the world and this country for what it truly is, ****.
Pages: 1 2