Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Accident in Pike County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very sad story out of Pike County... my thoughts and prayers are with all involved...

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/35861674.html

A traffic crash in Pikeville has killed three people and injured others.

A news release from the city police department said the crash occurred on U.S. 23 about 10 p.m. Tuesday in front of Deskins Motors.

The name of one of the victims was released. He was identified as 47-year-old Ernest Johnson of Pikeville.

Another of the dead was a juvenile whose age wasn't immediately available.

The name of the third victim was withheld, pending notification of relatives.

Investigating officers said they found three vehicles at the crash site and reports of a fourth that left the scene.

Police said a vehicle crossed the median of the highway and crashed into an oncoming vehicle, killing victims in both of them.

A third vehicle was damaged by debris.
We will all miss you EJ!
Ernest was well-liked as a teacher in Pikeville and also spent time as a basketball official and was a referee last night during the Pburg/AC game.

Such a sad thing and prayers to families involved.
I work with the grandmother of one of the vitctims. Please keep this families in your prayers
The wreck last night on US 23 in front of Deskins has claimed the life of one of the officials from last nights game. The 2 officials had apparently made the trip to Prestonsburg together last night and 2 children were with them. The other official (who survived) lost his son in the accident.

Prayers go out to both families as they deal with this tragedy.
This is a terrible tragedy. Ernie was my history teacher in High School and I always saw the little kid who died down at football practice with his dad. With the train accident that almost killed 2 teachers back in the spring and the death of former PHS football player Issac Sanders this summer and now this. Needless to say its been a rough year at PHS and the Pikeville community as a whole everyone please pray for all the families. SUPT. Green shouldve called school off today that guy is all heartRolleyes I bet if one his kids wouldve died he wouldve called school off. Im calling the board and writing into the paper to complain and I suggest everyone does the same. These kids had no buisness going to school today especially the little elementary kids.
gotcha2 Wrote:The wreck last night on US 23 in front of Deskins has claimed the life of one of the officials from last nights game. The 2 officials had apparently made the trip to Prestonsburg together last night and 2 children were with them. The other official (who survived) lost his son in the accident.

Prayers go out to both families as they deal with this tragedy.

My prayers go out to their families. That is a tragic situation.
Here is updated article...

A traffic crash in Pikeville has killed three people and injured three others.

Pikeville police say the crash occurred on U.S. 23 about 10 p.m. Tuesday.

Pike County Deputy Coroner Zeb Hampton identified those who died as 41-year-old Andrew Smith of Dwarf in Perry County, and 47-year-old Ernest Johnson and 7-year-old Christian Beau Caudill, both of Pikeville.

Hampton said three others - two children and an adult - were injured.

Investigating officers said they found three vehicles at the crash site. Police said one vehicle crossed the median of the highway and crashed into an oncoming vehicle, killing victims in both of them.

A third vehicle was damaged by debris.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/35861674.html
this is sad sad day my prayers go out to them all.
Andrew Smith was my friends dad, My prayers go out to all families hurt by this accident. God bless.
Wow, hearing news like this makes my stomach sick, especially when it happens to good and young people. I'll definitly say a prayer for those guys.

a tragedy indeed....prayers are with all families and friends...
I hate to hear this. At my short stint while working at Pikeville (this past year and summer), I had the privledge to know Ernie. He was a great guy that was loved by his fellow co-workers and students. Such a tragedy! May God be with with the families and friends of the victims and place his hand upon us during this difficult time.
My heart goes out to everyone involved. My best friend's niece and nephew were friends with all of the children. The whole Pikeville community and surroundings areas are suffering a great loss. Prayers from me and mine.
School was hard today. There wasn't a dry eye in the building and no one could focus. EJ was such an important part of the school and nothing will be the same. This will effect us all and it won't be easy to move on. EJ made everything easy for everyone, he was always there for anyone who needed him. He was more than a teacher. He was a friend. He was a TRUE Pikeville Panther. It's just not fair. Like one of the cards at school said God must have needed his computer fixed. RIP EJ.
EJ was a great guy and he will be missed.

I know the Caudill/Holland families very well, and little Beau we will missed. Please say a prayer for his big sister Alex, as she is facing some serious plastic surgery. She is at Cabell Midland in Huntington, but thankfully she is expected to make a full recovery.