Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are your thoughts on PC football in 2009?

I think this will be the year we finally make it over the hump.
i hope so been friends with coach Mac for long time.
I think we will be very talented.....watch out for Jr Jarod Canada next year.
bump
Jay#4 Wrote:What are your thoughts on PC football in 2009?

What do you mean by making it over the hump?

It will take an Act of Congress for PC to finish anything better than 2nd in the district again.
Hopefully they'll make up for looseing hampton and maynard.

McGuire will be alot better next season,
not saying that he wasn't this season.

he'll be a senior along with about 15 other boys,
they'll be a great team next season.
Really they just need some sort of D. The offense moved the ball very well all season just was plaqued by turnovers.
flordia_fan15 Wrote:Hopefully they'll make up for looseing hampton and maynard.

McGuire will be alot better next season,
not saying that he wasn't this season.

he'll be a senior along with about 15 other boys,
they'll be a great team next season.

Speaking of McGuire i really think he could potentialy get on the all state team next year with an honorable mention. He finally has soem recivers to throw to. He has improved so much in his two seasons. Haven't gotten to go to many games personally but have watched film and he is two totally diffrent players from the beginning to now.
They will be 3rd in the district Behind Belfry and Sheldon Clark again.
Jay#4 Wrote:What are your thoughts on PC football in 2009?

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Speaking of McGuire i really think he could potentialy get on the all state team next year with an honorable mention. He finally has soem recivers to throw to. He has improved so much in his two seasons. Haven't gotten to go to many games personally but have watched film and he is two totally diffrent players from the beginning to now.

He has gotten better,

just being a junior hes showed alot of hardwork,

and this really will help him out.

hopefully he will get honnarable mention on the state team.
I think they will be bery sucessful next season!
mullinstiger55 Wrote:I think they will be bery sucessful next season!

they'll have alot of leadership and
a strong team,

i went to all of there game this season and seeing them
play the way they did.

they really will be one of the better teams.
I've got to admit that I wasn't very impressed with the Hawks this year. Third in the district at best.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What do you mean by making it over the hump?

It will take an Act of Congress for PC to finish anything better than 2nd in the district again.

No, it won't. Leadership won't be an issue, with 14 returning seniors, and some very talented receivers and a great QB. If Central can continue going without EJ Hampton at receiver, and the loss of 2 seniors on the O-line, they will be a force to be reckoned with.
Yeah, i think along with Aaron he has four good recivers to through to including jordan taylor, brandon boyd, michael chander, and zack johnson.
BatCat11 Wrote:They will be 3rd in the district Behind Belfry and Sheldon Clark again.

Wrong. PC will take second next year over Sheldon Clark and once Coach Hager leaves at the end of next season that will be their permanent spot.
Pike Central is Pike Central. They have just had a lack of success and I don't see that changing this year. Their non-district schedule was pathetic, most of them give-me wins. Until they start to challenge themselves they will remain mediocre with wins against lower level teams. Their 4 wins came against Phelps, Tug Valley, Magoffin County, and East Ridge. They may be a little better but no better than 3rd in the district. Good Luck in 09 Hawks.
I know that they picked up Prestonsburg on the schedule
Free BAlla 14 Wrote:I know that they picked up Prestonsburg on the schedule

What teams are on Pike Central's schedule next season?
Its Long Trip To The Top But Good Luck
Who is going to coach them? I was told that Chris is now not the coach at PCC.
McGuire could be so good with a lot of hard work.

The schedule really needs upgraded.

Weightroom from what I have watched needs to be hit 110% more than it is.I say that from watching the games on tape I have from the 2008 season.

Getting the numbers up more would not hurt.

Like all of the teams from this area(Pike County area)a kicking game needs upgraded about 200%.

Central is my fav team in Pike County and my 2nd fav team in the state.
Its offical! And you can take this to the bank!
Mac. is no longer the Head Coach at PCCHS.
And it is possible that he and one of his assitance may be going to another school in the Pike County System but not as coaches.

Question? There was a coach by the name Chapman touring PCCHS this past week. Is he the Chapman from Breathitt Co.?
Yes it is the Chapman from Breathitt Co. and next year we are gonna lose alot of our team I would say atleast 8-12 Seniors next year
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pike Central is Pike Central. They have just had a lack of success and I don't see that changing this year. Their non-district schedule was pathetic, most of them give-me wins. Until they start to challenge themselves they will remain mediocre with wins against lower level teams. Their 4 wins came against Phelps, Tug Valley, Magoffin County, and East Ridge. They may be a little better but no better than 3rd in the district. Good Luck in 09 Hawks.

We will see about that
I know it's been a few years back but Central battled West Portsmouth does anyone see any Ohio teams being on the schedule anytimesoon.

I think Central would do well against Portsmouth Nothre Dame, Sciotoville Community School (Portsmouth East,)Franklin Furnace Green and Crown City South Gallia to name a few.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I know it's been a few years back but Central battled West Portsmouth does anyone see any Ohio teams being on the schedule anytimesoon.

I think Central would do well against Portsmouth Nothre Dame, Sciotoville Community School (Portsmouth East,)Franklin Furnace Green and Crown City South Gallia to name a few.

Uhm I highly doubt it.
I fugured as much.
hawkhead Wrote:Wrong. PC will take second next year over Sheldon Clark and once Coach Hager leaves at the end of next season that will be their permanent spot.
Where is Hager going ?
If Chapman is new coach at Pike Central and if players that can play will play he will make winners out of them,(and parents and school adiminstrators gets behind him) sooner than later,he is a good coach knows the game inside and out,very well versed at the game,hard worker ,great game perparer and that means WINS,it means and will be a great loss for the Breathitt Co. Bobcats football/school if whats been talking /said is True!!!Not heard any "staying" talk just he is "GONE" to Pike Central but again is it all just talk...
Pages: 1 2