Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Halo 3 too even?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my opinion, Halo 3 for the Xbox 360 is way too even. Halo 2 took so much more skill then this game, there are no players who stand out. Glitches were removed that took much time to perfect, the Assault Rifle is way to easy to use, and the new beat down upgrade is ridiculous.
LOL if your depending on the assault rifle and the beat down, you're not at that high level yet. Ive seen players who stick out in my 50 games. People going 2-1 and such against great competition.
There is so much to this game that most average players don't realize. And yes the glitches were removed from the game, but there are now so many tactical jumps that take twice as much practice to perfect. There are also a lot of stand out players, they're the ones who play for money. Try playing more of the MLG playlist and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Beetle, what is your 50 (50's) in?
Only a 50 in TS. However I'd probably be more like a 40 these days as I havent played in forever. I mainly play COD5, it is a much better game imo.
Beetle01 Wrote:LOL if your depending on the assault rifle and the beat down, you're not at that high level yet. Ive seen players who stick out in my 50 games. People going 2-1 and such against great competition.

I'm pretty sure that it's very easy to be a level 50 in Halo 3 as compared in Halo 2.....:Thumbs:
Me, Grenades, and a BR
I just recently started playing MLG and thats where the best Halo 3 players are IMO.

If you think that Halo doesn't take any skill, just go play on the MLG playlist you will find out just how much skill it does take.
I love to use the laser, but the rocket launcher is my fav. weapon, but I like the way it is set up now because it forces you to play smarter and show what true skills you really have at the game.
I've been playing MLG for awhile now, i've managed to get a 40 with my local friends. We very rarely get beaten. It's all about communication, and team shooting. This is required at higher levels of play. This is game does take skill, but i wish it had some button combos like the bxr still. hah
BobcatFan4Life Wrote:I've been playing MLG for awhile now, i've managed to get a 40 with my local friends. We very rarely get beaten. It's all about communication, and team shooting. This is required at higher levels of play. This is game does take skill, but i wish it had some button combos like the bxr still. hah

Good point, but once you start getting a little higher, I wouldn't advise going in with a team unless everyone is unbelievably good because you'll start getting matched up with teams that use strats and time all the power weapons.
blackcat Wrote:Good point, but once you start getting a little higher, I wouldn't advise going in with a team unless everyone is unbelievably good because you'll start getting matched up with teams that use strats and time all the power weapons.

We do that too. Back when me and Bobcatfan was seriously into MLG, we used strats, timed the power weapons and custom powerups, even ran a few customs with some pros. We was getting prepared to go to MLG events in 09, but never could find any team mates that was serious about it, then we lost interest sorta.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:even ran a few customs with some pros. We was getting prepared to go to MLG events in 09, but lost interest sorta.

I find that hard to believe, considering he said he was only a 40 in MLG. But I've also been invited to play on a few teams for some '09 events, but it's almost impossible to place top 16, so I think I'll just stick to school right now.
blackcat Wrote:I find that hard to believe, considering he said he was only a 40 in MLG. But I've also been invited to play on a few teams for some '09 events, but it's almost impossible to place top 16, so I think I'll just stick to school right now.

lol what does his lvl have to do with anything. Just talk to the pro's on msn or aim an try to become friends with em. We have scrimmaged UTI (under the influence) There more of an up and coming team, but they stayed in the top 15 all year. We also was in the works with scrimmaging Breaking Point, but thats when we decided to take a break from it for awhile.. And I dont think any1 counts BLUEFiiiR3 as a pro, but we have played with/against him.

And yeh stickin to school was prolly a good idea. Very easy to waste loads of money traveling to events, when chances are your not even going to finish in the money . Unless u have a sponsor who is paying for it all.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:lol what does his lvl have to do with anything. Just talk to the pro's on msn or aim an try to become friends with em. We have scrimmaged UTI (under the influence) There more of an up and coming team, but they stayed in the top 15 all year. We also was in the works with scrimmaging Breaking Point, but thats when we decided to take a break from it for awhile.. And I dont think any1 counts BLUEFiiiR3 as a pro, but we have played with/against him.

And yeh stickin to school was prolly a good idea. Very easy to waste loads of money traveling to events, when chances are your not even going to finish in the money . Unless u have a sponsor who is paying for it all.

You're right about the levels in any other playlist, but I think they do matter in MLG. Yeah, I've played with most of the pros just randomly, I have some good clips of me and T2. Ace, from BP is actually from Kentucky, and he's pretty sick. Chig is good too. Yeah, I played little league with Bluefire, and he lived in Prestonsburg for forever.

What's your GT?
My GT is I 0vErBoArD I That o is a zero and ive been playing on UNC is GARBO. just for fun add both. your gt?
blackcat Wrote:You're right about the levels in any other playlist, but I think they do matter in MLG. Yeah, I've played with most of the pros just randomly, I have some good clips of me and T2. Ace, from BP is actually from Kentucky, and he's pretty sick. Chig is good too. Yeah, I played little league with Bluefire, and he lived in Prestonsburg for forever.

What's your GT?

Levels do matter in MLG, we just ran alot of MLG customs to avoid playing with random laggy ppl. Ace is Elamite Warriors bro btw, u prolly knew that already. Yeh Chig is cool, he was who I was talkin to about scrimmaging BP. but my GT is iSnipe14
yea I dont think I would count BlueFiire as a pro. I have played with him at a tourny before. MLG is one of the hardest playlist out in Halo 3 right now. I've managed to get a 50 in Team Slayer and a 47 in Doubles, 45 in Lones Wolves, Objective to a 40, once I get them up I'll probably start working on MLG, but I havn't really played in a while. Anybody wanna play then private msg me sometime..