Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Duncanville, TX 77 - Scott Co. 71 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Duncanville fought back to force Overtime and get the win over the Scott Co Cardinals.Duncanville is loaded with D-1 signees and I think was they ranked in the top 10 in the nation. Scott had a 5 point lead with a 1:20 to go in the 4th but kept turning the ball over to let Dville tie it up. Chad Jackson had a great game for Scott and I was really impressed with Datokah Euton, he hit some big shots and rebounded the ball well.
Jackson 23 points
Euton 15 points- 15 rebounds

Duncanville forced some turnovers in the last 2 minutes and hit some fantastic shots. Phares only played 23 minutes of the 36 min game due to 3 early fouls. Overall Scott County played a great game.

Duncanville was 40-0 last year and was preseason #1 in PrepNation and ESPN. Oak Hill defeated Duncanville in a very close game last night and they also lost a close one to a team in San Antonio. Duncanville has 5 or 6 D1 players. Two are going to Oklahoma State, one to Texas, and one to Baylor.
I'm glad the Ky boys played such a great game!
Scott showed they can play with anybody. Chad Jackson is quick!
Very impressive.
Scott Co played a great game cant believe they let them back in like they did.
I had no Idea Euton was so good he was a beast on the boards
Chad Jackson to me has the most potential of anybody on the Scott County team. Thats not a knock on anybody else so please don't get your panties in a wad over that statement.

Jackson is very quick and very athletic. He does need work on his jumpshot. If that improves I think the sky is the limit for this kid.
FBALL Wrote:Chad Jackson to me has the most potential of anybody on the Scott County team. Thats not a knock on anybody else so please don't get your panties in a wad over that statement.

Why in the world would anyone be upset with that? The only time I get a little put out is when these internet experts continually blast high school kids. There is no reason for it.
rojas Wrote:Why in the world would anyone be upset with that? The only time I get a little put out is when these internet experts continually blast high school kids. There is no reason for it.

I say that because some of these internet experts take it as a slam on one player if you praise another player or say that that other player is the best.

I was just trying to head off any contraversy before it got started. I'm sure after reading posts on this site and others like it you can understand that.
Euton reminds me of Nowitzski when you see him play. UK needs to push hard for Jackson IMO! The boy is RAW!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Euton reminds me of Nowitzski when you see him play. UK needs to push hard for Jackson IMO! The boy is RAW!
the only similarities between Euton and Nowitski are they are both tall and need a hair cut
Duncanville is ranked #10 nationally is playing #6 Lincoln (NY) on ESPN right now. They are very impressive.
thats pretty awesome that scott county played them that close
For the first time I was impressed with Euton's play.

He was aggressive, a team-leader, and rebounded well.

Hopefully he will keep it up!
Euton may not be the savior for UK, or Scott County, but maybe some need to lay off him and let him be a good high school player for now. He was trashed on here pretty bad last week. Remember he is a high school player and just a junior. He has a lot of improving to do, but theoretically, UK, or any team for that matter, needs big, versatile players who can score and rebound.
FBALL Wrote:I say that because some of these internet experts take it as a slam on one player if you praise another player or say that that other player is the best.

I was just trying to head off any contraversy before it got started. I'm sure after reading posts on this site and others like it you can understand that.

I will argue with you for arguments sake, LOL. Tamron Manning has the most potential on that team. I am a loyal Scott Co fan living in Georgetown and have seen several D-1 players the last few years come through the program (Haddix, Walls, Mackey, Phares, Euton, Jackson, Guyn) and Manning is much better than Mackey was as a freshman. Based upon that and the fact that he is a freshman playing on a team with four possible D-1 players, he will only excel.
The freshman class at Scott County must be loaded with Manning and Ivy. Is Walls playing basketball? He had a good year in football.
Impressive game by Scott County.
Looks like Euton had his best game of the year in a tough loss.